• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is an objective basis required for any theist trying to convince of an objective God?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Personally I feel it's required if the deity in question interacts objectively. Objectivity needs to be there.

Faith based internalism is fine for the individual along with any sense of empowerment that comes with it, but cannot be used in arguments and debates using any type of example involving objectivity as such would require a connection that should, if there, can be traced to it's source and confirmed.

Thats why theists have such a hard and difficult time proving God to others as well as other aspects of their respective religion that is being talked about.

It's not that someone is being sincere enough. I do take and find theists as being largely true and honest with what is being said reflecting their own faith/ belief, but without that
essential objective connection that can be detected and verified, it dosent help much outside of things falling out of the boundaries of faith and fact.

Thoughts?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Personally I feel it's required if the deity in question interacts objectively. Objectivity needs to be there.

Faith based internalism is fine for the individual along with any sense of empowerment that comes with it, but cannot be used in arguments and debates using any type of example involving objectivity as such would require a connection that should, if there, can be traced to it's source and confirmed.

Thats why theists have such a hard and difficult time proving God to others as well as other aspects of their respective religion that is being talked about.

It's not that someone is being sincere enough. I do take and find theists as being largely true and honest with what is being said reflecting their own faith/ belief, but without that
essential objective connection that can be detected and verified, it dosent help much outside of things falling out of the boundaries of faith and fact.

Thoughts?

Spending time with an objective view of God is pointless since we are more involved with subjective reality.

In my opinion, in objective reality, there is no application of personality to God. The personality is applied by perspective, but objectively God is the Entire Existence, The One Thing. It's how we view God that effects how God interacts with us. But until one realizes there is no separation, God becomes irrelevant.