• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is "American Christian" an Oxymoron?

Kelly of the Phoenix

This world lives in darkness.
Light can illuminate.
Light can blind.
Light can warm.
Light can burn.
Light can create.
Light can destroy.
What need have I of darkness, when light is capable of handling both pros and cons?

I know 100% my teachers obey Jesus.
The apostles couldn't even be bothered to understand or obey Jesus. Why should I trust your teachers?

kjw47

Light can illuminate.
Light can blind.
Light can warm.
Light can burn.
Light can create.
Light can destroy.
What need have I of darkness, when light is capable of handling both pros and cons?

The apostles couldn't even be bothered to understand or obey Jesus. Why should I trust your teachers?

Yes they did. They were imperfect.

kjw47

You don't as you keep judging others-- even with the above. Jesus said not to do that, but there you go again and again and again and...

The bible has already judged. sharing those truths does not make that one the judge, More of one warning others.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The bible has already judged. sharing those truths does not make that one the judge,
But the Bible, whereas Jesus' teachings are found inside, says not to judge others, and yet you flagrantly ignore that teaching and violate it. Again, what you are showing is that you obey your JW teachers, not that which is in the Bible itself.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But the Bible, whereas Jesus' teachings are found inside, says not to judge others, and yet you flagrantly ignore that teaching and violate it. Again, what you are showing is that you obey your JW teachers, not that which is in the Bible itself.
His teachers tell him that it IS in the Bible. Even though they do not profess to be spokespeople for Jehovah he still believes whatever they say the Bible means, even though it is an interpretation of men because they never say they actually hear from The Spirit. Their opinion of God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit is that they are all dumb as in unwilling to speak.

kjw47

You call it anything you want. Its you judging me. The bible is filled with the realities of what will occur to those standing in opposition to God--It is already judged. See--1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21--false god worship, pagan practices= 99% on the earth. They are being lied to by blind guides telling them they are saved or born again. Or going to a higher plain after death.