• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is "American Christian" an Oxymoron?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that an alive Jesus is what Christianity means. Why do most people trust that an alive Jesus cannot communicate?
1 Peter 3:15

kjw47

We can take this to the side and debate it if you wish. I suspect next you are going to challenge my Greek and all that. I've been down this road before. Start the thread and I'll be there and pick the topic.

knowing greek will get one no where in todays world. Certain greek scholars say trinity translation is correct, others say--the New world translation is the best ever. Even they are confused and spread confusion. The New world translation is the best ever done.
I shared a couple points the bible teaches against your religion, yet you still refuse to believe God over them.

kjw47

No.
It's mostly the followers of Jesus who do the murdering. From the Crusades to the Genocide of the Americas to Invasion of Iraq, Christians are famous for killing off people who Don't Believe.
Tom

You are very confused. No follower of Jesus did the things you mentioned. Any who know Jesus knows those were not Christians, the teachers were and are blind guides--they do not know God or his son.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No follower of Jesus did the things you mentioned. Any who know Jesus knows those were not Christians, the teachers were and are blind guides--they do not know God or his son.

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

kjw47

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

My teachers did just that by making correction to error teachings.
Their works done in Jesus name have already condemned them. The bible has already condemned them, they will not believe the bible over dogma--Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 34,000 trinity religionsssssss) will NOT stand--- it is clear but they will not believe it.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
knowing greek will get one no where in todays world. Certain greek scholars say trinity translation is correct, others say--the New world translation is the best ever. Even they are confused and spread confusion. The New world translation is the best ever done.
I shared a couple points the bible teaches against your religion, yet you still refuse to believe God over them.
I asked you to start a one vs one thread and pick a topic. I don't want to derail this thread. It's up to you.

kjw47

I asked you to start a one vs one thread and pick a topic. I don't want to derail this thread. It's up to you.

The thread isn't being derailed. Its about how certain religions are not of God that claim to be. Especially in America--There is NO freedom of religion with God or his son. Those who stand for that are in opposition to God and his son. This world lives in darkness.

kjw47

There's a ton of scripture making tons of claims.
What makes this more credible than the rest? Your authority?

I don't think so.
Tom

What is a conservative catholic from hell? Catholics believe Jesus was raised from the dead--so there is hipocrosy in your words if you claim to be catholic and say Jesus wasn't raised from the dead.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Their works done in Jesus name have already condemned them. The bible has already condemned them, they will not believe the bible over dogma--Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 34,000 trinity religionsssssss) will NOT stand--- it is clear but they will not believe it.
Do you have any plans to maybe convert to a form of Christianity that actually believes in what's found in the Bible instead of just what your JW leaders tell you to believe in?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to proper English, you are saying that YOUR teachers are already condemned. And you might be right on there. Shall I explain?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
The thread isn't being derailed. Its about how certain religions are not of God that claim to be. Especially in America--There is NO freedom of religion with God or his son. Those who stand for that are in opposition to God and his son. This world lives in darkness.
Then I'm not interested. This can spider into a million different directions. I'd rather spend my time on something that may produce a fruitful exchange.

kjw47

Do you have any plans to maybe convert to a form of Christianity that actually believes in what's found in the Bible instead of just what your JW leaders tell you to believe in?

I would, except in every translation on earth the teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers--so I could never do that. I know 100% my teachers obey Jesus.

kjw47

According to proper English, you are saying that YOUR teachers are already condemned. And you might be right on there. Shall I explain?

Making correction to errors is in line with repenting--there is no difference. Its what God requires of one.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Fact--God NEVER had more than a single religion--Jesus is his image---( 1Cor 1:10) no division= one religion. Unified in love, peace and thought.( as best as possible for imperfect mortals)-- one truth exists.
"There are no divisions in my little divided-off sliver of a very divided religion."