• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America an extension of Rome

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
We have a similiar legal system, calander and came from Europe. Do you think we are the fourth beast in Daniel.

I take your point but Roman civilization had completely vanished long before America. I'd say it's more a direct extension of the British Empire, culturally, economically?

kaoticprofit

I'd say it's more a direct extension of the British Empire, culturally, economically?
And I would agree with you on that. 1st century Rome, as well as the Reformation, has misled many to believe that Italy and the EU would emerge in the last days as the empire of the beast.

meghanwaterlillies

Hey...this may come off as a silly question but what is the context? :)
Logic the context is logic and the word itself. lot was "not" very good but Abraham prayed for him? right. His wife turns to salt right? His daughters rape the man. I seen that it's possible men can be sleepy have a hard on or drunk have a hard on but rape? A very honest man said no. That he himself would have to be into it at some point.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The NWO has done much to mislead people. That IS NOT prophetic and has nothing to do with end-time bible prophecy. There will not be a one world government, or one world religion. The kingdoms of the end-time beasts are limited to seven heads and ten horns. And the religion of the beast is ISLAM. They are NOT global, or a unification of the world's religions.

The only reason why people believe in globalism is because that's what they are taught.
Thank you for your detailed explanations...though I am not convinced at this point. Is this your own interpretation of Daniel and Revelation prophecy or are you referencing some other works?.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Logic the context is logic and the word itself. lot was "not" very good but Abraham prayed for him? right. His wife turns to salt right? His daughters rape the man. I seen that it's possible men can be sleepy have a hard on or drunk have a hard on but rape? A very honest man said no.
Ok fine....the story may be allegorical....exactly what the meaning is escapes me though.. But another silly question...what has this story got to do with the proposition of the emergence of NWO as the last empire before judgement? :)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well how right was the Levite in Judges 19?
I do not take the bible stories as factual narrative....some of it is allegorical, some metaphor....analogy...simile...figure of speech..midrash...myth....etc. It is up to the religious student to 'mine' it and be guided to understand the underlying relevant principles being conveyed...

kaoticprofit

Thank you for your detailed explanations...though I am not convinced at this point. Is this your own interpretation of Daniel and Revelation prophecy or are you referencing some other works?.

Ben,

I do my own homework. I don't post the works of others without giving them the credit. What most Christians lack is a good, solid HERMENEUTIC. Take for example the short post I did about Daniel 2 and 7. It's not a big deal. I actually use to believe like you do on Daniel 2 and 7. Just by looking at the KEY words of Daniel 2 in the Lexicons and the Interlinear, words like INFERIOR, (ground with the adverb below), and MIXED/MINGLED, which is the Aramaic word, ARAB, we can arrive more closely at the authors, or God's intended meaning. That is IF people are willing to accept it. Just a simple 'objective' look at "the iron and clay,' which describes the PEOPLE OF the iron and clay (iron=Sunni clay= Shia) exposes the qualities and characteristics of the Arabs and Muslims! There's no way the iron and clay describes the Italians and Europeans. We must be willing to change our mind when the evidence is there to do so.

Same with Daniel 7. Just by looking at the dates/timeline of Daniel's book, chapters and events, we can see that for him to prophesy about a kingdom RISING that had risen some 50 years prior, would actually make Daniel a FALSE PROPHET. Atheist Kyle williams caught onto this blunder of our illustrious prophecy experts and used it to label Daniel as a false prophet, and subsequently DEBUNK God's Word. Even the PROPER understanding of the word BEFORE in Daniel 7:7 changes everything!

"and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns."

I said...

"The Hebrew word for "before" in this text is ‘qodam’ which means "in front of, in the presence of, not "historically before" as is commonly interpreted. This means the first three empires will be in the presence of (or stand before) the anti-Christ kingdom when it emerges. They are all end-time kingdoms."

Notice how the word before is used in the following verses....

God's hand is "stretched out before Him" meaning in front of Him.

Daniel 2:9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.

10 The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king's matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean.

11 And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.

Daniel 2:24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation.

Daniel 2:25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.

Daniel 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee;and the form thereof was terrible.

Daniel 2:36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

Daniel 3:3 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

Daniel 3:13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Then they brought these men before the king.

Daniel 4:6 Therefore made I a decree to bring in all the wise men of Babylon before me, that they might make known unto me the interpretation of the dream.

7 Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not make known unto me the interpretation thereof.

8 But at the last Daniel came in before me, whose name was Belteshazzar, according to the name of my god, and in whom is the spirit of the holy gods: and before him I told the dream, saying,

Daniel 4:6 Therefore made I a decree to bring in all the wise men of Babylon before me, that they might make known unto me the interpretation of the dream.

Daniel 5:1 Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand.

Daniel 5:13 Then was Daniel brought in before the king. And the king spake and said unto Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, which art of the children of the captivity of Judah, whom the king my father brought out of Jewry?

Daniel 5:17 Then Daniel answered and said before the king, Let thy gifts be to thyself, and give thy rewards to another; yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation.

Daniel 5:19 And for the majesty that he gave him, all people, nations, and languages, trembled and feared before him: whom he would he slew; and whom he would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down.

Daniel 5:23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee,....

Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

11 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God.

12 Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king's decree; Hast thou not signed a decree,....

13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.

Daniel 6:18 Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musick brought beforehim: and his sleep went from him.

Daniel 6:22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

Daniel 6:26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

If Daniel wanted to indicate 'before in time' he had several other words he could have used.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ben,

I do my own homework. I don't post the works of others without giving them the credit. What most Christians lack is a good, solid HERMENEUTIC. Take for example the short post I did about Daniel 2 and 7. It's not a big deal. I actually use to believe like you do on Daniel 2 and 7. Just by looking at the KEY words of Daniel 2 in the Lexicons and the Interlinear, words like INFERIOR, (ground with the adverb below), and MIXED/MINGLED, which is the Aramaic word, ARAB, we can arrive more closely at the authors, or God's intended meaning. That is IF people are willing to accept it. Just a simple 'objective' look at "the iron and clay,' which describes the PEOPLE OF the iron and clay (iron=Sunni clay= Shia) exposes the qualities and characteristics of the Arabs and Muslims! There's no way the iron and clay describes the Italians and Europeans. We must be willing to change our mind when the evidence is there to do so.

Same with Daniel 7. Just by looking at the dates/timeline of Daniel's book, chapters and events, we can see that for him to prophesy about a kingdom RISING that had risen some 50 years prior, would actually make Daniel a FALSE PROPHET. Atheist Kyle williams caught onto this blunder of our illustrious prophecy experts and used it to label Daniel as a false prophet, and subsequently DEBUNK God's Word. Even the PROPER understanding of the word BEFORE in Daniel 7:7 changes everything!

"and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns."

I said...

"The Hebrew word for "before" in this text is ‘qodam’ which means "in front of, in the presence of, not "historically before" as is commonly interpreted. This means the first three empires will be in the presence of (or stand before) the anti-Christ kingdom when it emerges. They are all end-time kingdoms."

Notice how the word before is used in the following verses....

God's hand is "stretched out before Him" meaning in front of Him.

Daniel 2:9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.

10 The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king's matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean.

11 And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.

Daniel 2:24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation.

Daniel 2:25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.

Daniel 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee;and the form thereof was terrible.

Daniel 2:36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

Daniel 3:3 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

Daniel 3:13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Then they brought these men before the king.

7 Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not make known unto me the interpretation thereof.

8 But at the last Daniel came in before me, whose name was Belteshazzar, according to the name of my god, and in whom is the spirit of the holy gods: and before him I told the dream, saying,

Daniel 5:1 Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand.

Daniel 5:13 Then was Daniel brought in before the king. And the king spake and said unto Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, which art of the children of the captivity of Judah, whom the king my father brought out of Jewry?

Daniel 5:17 Then Daniel answered and said before the king, Let thy gifts be to thyself, and give thy rewards to another; yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation.

Daniel 5:19 And for the majesty that he gave him, all people, nations, and languages, trembled and feared before him: whom he would he slew; and whom he would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down.

Daniel 5:23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee,....

Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

11 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God.

12 Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king's decree; Hast thou not signed a decree,....

13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.

Daniel 6:18 Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musick brought beforehim: and his sleep went from him.

Daniel 6:22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

Daniel 6:26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

If Daniel wanted to indicate 'before in time' he had several other words he could have used.
Thank you kaoticprofit...I note what you are saying.....do you have any 'knowledge' of any major developments the world is facing now or the near future that you can share?

kaoticprofit

Thank you kaoticprofit...I note what you are saying.....do you have any 'knowledge' of any major developments the world is facing now or the near future that you can share?
Your welcome. I don't get many thank yous. Yes, many things. Other than the two Caliphates I mentioned now being in the formation stages, I would have to think about it put a list together, and decipher it all.