• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One good thing, Peru, the city where years ago a piggy tased an elderly man with Alzheimer's and where a porky just recently threatened to kill over not getting a day off has been weeding out the bad cops, and they have recently fired 5 or 6 of them. At least there is some good in a sea of bad.

I have a hard time trusting Infowars. They are too paranoid and too conspiracy theorist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One good thing, Peru, the city where years ago a piggy tased an elderly man with Alzheimer's and where a porky just recently threatened to kill over not getting a day off has been weeding out the bad cops, and they have recently fired 5 or 6 of them. At least there is some good in a sea of bad.
I have a hard time trusting Infowars. They are too paranoid and too conspiracy theorist.
I don't trust'm either. But news has a way of finding its way there at times.
Btw, there's a good antique engine show in Peru you might consider attending.
I've not been, but I know the guy who runs it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Citizens defy Border Patrol by staying silent with video cameras - Houston Chronicle
These videos show something interesting about the fed's intentions behind stopping us on highways withing the US without probable cause. Sometimes, all that is necessary is to answer a simple question, such as, "Are you an American citizen?". The don't verify the answer...rather, they just demand compliance or you get arrested. Since this has no real security value (cuz the driver could lie), it smacks of training citizens to become accustomed to being searched & challenged for papers, travel info & personal info at any time & for any reason.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Police gang up on law abiding citizen over a bus ticket. The citizen can be seen and heard telling them that he's shown them his bus ticket and ID yet they continue to restrict his movements. They never arrested him but as he began to get up and walk away they jumped on him and took him down. Enough is enough. Our rights are being violated even after we comply and all our papers are in order......

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Police are at it again. This guy can clearly be seen on the ground in a submissive position but officers swarm him and begin to beat and stomp him. He clearly was not resisting arrest at the point of being shocked with a stun gun. They beat this man to the point of losing consciousness after he was on the ground arms out...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Police are at it again. This guy can clearly be seen on the ground in a submissive position but officers swarm him and begin to beat and stomp him. He clearly was not resisting arrest at the point of being shocked with a stun gun. They beat this man to the point of losing consciousness after he was on the ground arms out...

I posted this one too (in another thread).
Not much is known yet about the victim's condition, except that "they" expect him to survive the beating.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Somebody want to take a stab that this guy was resisting arrest or was deemed an immediate threat to people around him?

Oh wait, wrong thread. Most of the posters here are overall in agreement about law enforcement's behavior...

freethinker44

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Somebody want to take a stab that this guy was resisting arrest or was deemed an immediate threat to people around him?

Oh wait, wrong thread. Most of the posters here are overall in agreement about law enforcement's behavior...

I think in a way he was. Reports say he stole the horse and in the process the horse at some point kicks on of the officers....but even so..when they had him on the ground with hands out after tasing him was the perfect opportunity to simply cuff him and move on

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
This was shared on my FB feed this morning. Here's a thuggish cop detaining a guy for one thing and arresting him on a trumped charge. Notice what he tries to take from the driver at the beginning of the video. Notice the charge at the end. Can someone tell me if that is a violation one can be arrested for?

Last edited:

Marisa

Citizens defy Border Patrol by staying silent with video cameras - Houston Chronicle
These videos show something interesting about the fed's intentions behind stopping us on highways withing the US without probable cause. Sometimes, all that is necessary is to answer a simple question, such as, "Are you an American citizen?". The don't verify the answer...rather, they just demand compliance or you get arrested. Since this has no real security value (cuz the driver could lie), it smacks of training citizens to become accustomed to being searched & challenged for papers, travel info & personal info at any time & for any reason.
I like the last guy. LOL