• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is all this recent Climate Change stuff pure hysteria?

Heyo

Veteran Member
"Between 1970 and 2000, the cost to launch a kilogram to space remained fairly steady, with an average of US$18,500 per kilogram. When the space shuttle was in operation, it could launch a payload of 27,500 kilograms for $1.5 billion, or $54,500 per kilogram. For a SpaceX Falcon 9, the rocket used to access the ISS, the cost is just $2,720 per kilogram."

How SpaceX lowered costs and reduced barriers to space
Assuming private spacefare also lowered the cost to Mars to 1/10 we are still at $200,000 per kg. Even at 1/100 or 1/1000 the money would be still more effective on Earth.

julianalexander745

And yet you find more than one thread to post your denial on. Not looking too good when you claim not to be debating and then search out debates.

I don't even necessarily deny climate change.

You've just been so militant in defending your position that you've confused discussion with raucous argument and decided to litter your posts with disrespect in the process (a surefire way to turn people away from what you're selling).

I made this thread as a form of commentary on the more recent focus on climate change and suggested that people might be going over the top with it - I never denied that climate change was a real thing.

Things aren't as black and white as they may seem to you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't even necessarily deny climate change.

You've just been so militant in defending your position that you've confused discussion with raucous argument and decided to litter your posts with disrespect in the process (a surefire way to turn people away from what you're selling).

I made this thread as a form of commentary on the more recent focus on climate change and suggested that people might be going over the top with it - I never denied that climate change was a real thing.

Things aren't as black and white as they may seem to you.
You have made your opinion known. You are not fooling anyone with false charges.

julianalexander745

You have made your opinion known. You are not fooling anyone with false charges.

Oh give me a break.

Two questions:

1 - What is my opinion? (Apparently you have a better understanding of it than I do)

2 - What "false charges" have I made? (Not even sure what you're referring to here)

I'd suggest taking a far less belligerent approach to your engagement with this message board. Your internet road rage doesn't do you any favors.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh give me a break.

Two questions:

1 - What is my opinion? (Apparently you have a better understanding of it than I do)

2 - What "false charges" have I made? (Not even sure what you're referring to here)

I'd suggest taking a far less belligerent approach to your engagement with this message board. Your internet road rage doesn't do you any favors.
So far your posts are rather trollish and indicate that you are extremely self centered and are only interested in causing trouble. You always could show me to be wrong by trying to post politely and properly.

julianalexander745

So far your posts are rather trollish and indicate that you are extremely self centered and are only interested in causing trouble. You always could show me to be wrong by trying to post politely and properly.

Dude, you've spent 3 or 4 days insulting my intelligence (and the intelligence of other posters) while fiercely railing your position on climate change and insinuating that your understanding of the issue is inherently superior to anyone who disagrees with you - in fact, not even just disagrees with you; even people who have engaged in polite discussion with you.

You confused yourself by constructing a straw man out of my avatar, insulting the hell out of it, and now you're asking me to be polite? Lol.

Re-read my OP and my every post in this thread; you'll find I've been nothing short of polite and have never denied climate change; that's something you inferred from your own rage regarding the issue.

Hopefully I've improved you by way of this experience and you'll be less defensive in the future and less aggressive to people who are only intending to have a polite conversation with you.

julianalexander745

No, you have shown a lack of intelligence when it comes to this topic. Did you forget your epic "ozone" fail? You were ignorant and rude from the start in your postings here. And you seem to have me conflated with someone else since I never even mentioned your avatar.

You are projecting at best here.

You've shown a lack of basic human respect throughout this topic and the other climate change thread and seem obsessed with assessing posters' intelligence rather than focusing on their arguments or knowledge on the topic.

It's funny that you accuse me of projecting; these last couple of exchanges have been little more than you deflecting.

I'll ask you again:

1 - What is my opinion on climate change? You've spent 4 days "debating" me about it - you must have some semblance of a clue.

2 - What "false charges" have I made?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You've shown a lack of basic human respect throughout this topic and the other climate change thread and seem obsessed with assessing posters' intelligence rather than focusing on their arguments or knowledge on the topic.

It's funny that you accuse me of projecting; these last couple of exchanges have been little more than you deflecting.

I'll ask you again:

1 - What is my opinion on climate change? You've spent 4 days "debating" me about it - you must have some semblance of a clue.

2 - What "false charges" have I made?
Can you try to be honest? That would be a goid start. Don't edit out parts of one's post where your obvious errors are pointed out so that you can ignore them.
1: When it comes to climate change you really do not seem to care, as long as you get what you want. You did not like it when it was pointed out that that sort of behavior is immoral.

2: Pretty much all of your personal attacks against me.

So do you think that you can post without trolling? You do not seem to have much success at that in the threads that you participate in which I am not heavily involved with.

julianalexander745

Can you try to be honest?

What have I been dishonest about?

1: When it comes to climate change you really do not seem to care, as long as you get what you want. You did not like it when it was pointed out that that sort of behavior is immoral.

I don't care about climate change as much as you seem to.

I don't care at all what you consider to be moral/immoral.

2: Pretty much all of your personal attacks against me.

I don't know you. And I haven't attacked you personally at all; I merely pointed out that insulting the intelligence of other posters is a very bad strategy to get people on your side.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What have I been dishonest about?

This for example. How you were being dishonest was explained to you in that post and yet you edited it out of your quote. That is misleading and therefore dishonest since you try to make it look as if a person made an accusation that they did not support. Now you have done that twice. The second after it was explained to you. Are you trolling or do you just enjoy losing debates?

I don't care about climate change as much as you seem to.

I don't care at all what you consider to be moral/immoral.

Yes, that is a common trait of the immoral.

I don't know you. And I haven't attacked you personally at all; I merely pointed out that insulting the intelligence of other posters is a very bad strategy to get people on your side.
Yes, you have repeatedly. While complaining about others attacking you. Nice irony.

julianalexander745

Uhuh. So "simple rhetorical questions" are a concept that's new to you. Understood.

As opposed to "complex rhetorical questions"? That's some goofy expression you got goin' there dude.

It's cute that you're trying to save face when it's clear that your only intention is to cultivate an obnoxious contrarian persona rather than present anything of substance.

No, really: people actually care about you man.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Gentlemen, gentlemen -- to your corners please.

Shall we start over?

No, I want them to keep going on.

tenor.gif