1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Is according to Jews everything God's will?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by ayin, Dec 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    The Messiah entered Jerusalem on a donkey. Jesus said in Matthew 23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!"

Jesus will come on a white horse in the future when 1/3 of Israel is saved when Israel is heavily evangelized during the Tribulation. When Jesus came the first time and his own rejected him, he came on a donkey. Answering Judaism: Examination of some arguments raised by "Supplement to Contra Brown" 3

2. IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Ratings:
    +2,539
    Religion:
    Judaism
  3. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Raphael Patai, said that the concept of a suffering Messiah, of course it makes sense. Jewish history, he's one of us, he understands, he doesn't just come riding in on a white horse. To this day, the funeral for great Jewish rabbis, they will say may his death serve as an atonement. The atoning power of the death of the righteous-Isaiah 53, he makes himself an asham, a guilt offering.

4. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    After Jews began having more contact with Christian apologists, more of them began reinterpreting the Suffering Servant to be the Nation of Israel. Rashi's views dominate Jewish and rabbinical theology. People confuse Biblical Judaism with rabbinic Judaism. THE MOSHIACH

5. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    Skywalker, we've been over this a million times. You have zero evidence for your claims. Dude! You're literally quoting a post of mine where I quote Origen, a Christian just like you who proves you wrong.
    Stop with the nonsense. You've got zero ammo.

6. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Not all of them believed that the Suffering Servant was Israel before contact with Christian apologists, although many did.

7. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    Yes. You know who didn't think this? Jewish apostates to Christianity. The rest side with Israel.
    Admit you have no evidence for your point.

8. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    While many Jewish people believed that the Suffering Servant was Israel before contact with Christian apologists, many of them saw that there was so much evidence that the Suffering Servant was the Messiah. It takes more faith to believe that the Suffering Servant is Israel than the Messiah. Sadly, pride darkens the heart and clouds the visions of many people. The true Jesus is not the fictitious Jesus conceived by popular culture, which tries to make Him to be like us rather than the other way around. Many churches dilute their message, whitewash difficult Bible passages, or present Jesus as something He is not. Culturally pleasing but fraudulent pictures of Jesus are people making God in their image. People have advanced many false messiahs and impostor Jesuses in their own image, and the idea that the Messiah is a political figure man is one of them.

9. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    Thank you for the admission.
    May I take it that you'll stop claiming Rashi or some other Jewish sage "invented" the concept?

10. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    I'm not saying that Rashi started the doctrine that the Suffering Servant is the nation of Israel, but many people follow the interpretations of the Bible that fit what is convenient for them, and today Rashi's view dominates Jewish and rabbinical theology.

11. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    "Not saying"? That is exactly what you have been saying until now. Is it truly impossible for you to admit that there is zero evidence for your view?

12. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    The belief that the Messiah isn't a divine Savior is never mentioned in the Old Testament-its just an interpretation of the Old Testament. There are many opinions but there is only one absolute truth. I believe that the Messiah is a divine Savior, because when people commit crimes they go to jail, and no matter how hard we try, we are still going to sin. A barrier of sin exists between people and God, and Jesus came to remove that barrier of sin. The Old Testament talks about a Savior Messiah, who will also have political functions during the 1000 years, but He is first and foremost a Savior Messiah. I Know My Redeemer Lives

13. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    Whatevs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Job knew that the barrier of sin existed between people and God. Job 9:33

Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

15. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    Oh brother. :facepalm:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    The Messiah came to remove the barrier of sin from between people and God. Only God can do that. The compound unity of echad shows that the Messiah was God the Son and the divinity of the Messiah is what the Bible teaches. Yachid refers to a solitary oneness and is never used to refer to God.

17. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    Look, it's long been obvious that you don't care about what other people actually say to you. You're only interested in repeating your same bunch of points. As long as that's the case, I guess I have nothing else to say to you. Therefore, I recommend you stop quoting old posts of mine. It's a waste of both of our time.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Why do you think echad is used for God in the Old Testament and not yachid?

19. Harel13

Harel13 Am Yisrael Chai

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    It's called Hebrew man. Hebrew works like that. It's later Christian polemics that claimed that Jews changed the meaning of Hebrew. Pure, disgusting audacity.

20. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Christians saying anti semetic things was terrible. They were being a bad example of Jesus and did more damage to the gospel than even atheists. That has nothing to do with Jesus dying for his creation. Real Messiah