• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is according to Jews everything God's will?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Being Jewish doesn't mean you try to fulfill the law.

For some people Messianic Judaism is not beneficial and only the New Covenant is relevant to them.
God knew when he transmitted the Law to Moses that no imperfect human could possibly fulfill it.

YoursTrue

Do you think the Jewish Christian sect changing over time is why Messianic Judaism isn't Christian?
You can say what you want but I still don't know what messianic Judaism is. Even if it's called jews for Jesus. Best I can come up with is that at least one of the apostles seemed to condemn Judaizers. Either Jesus is the Messiah or he wasn't. You have to look at the history of what is called now the "church" from the beginning. And the misunderstanding about Peter said to be the rock. And then people claiming that means he was the first Pope. The history becomes interesting. Remember, lives were given up because of differences, that's how serious it was. And still is.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
God knew when he transmitted the Law to Moses that no imperfect human could possibly fulfill it.
Actually God says it is easy to keep. Perfection is not the standard. Listen to what God actually says, which stands in contrast to what Christians say:

Deuteronomy 30
11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

YoursTrue

Actually God says it is easy to keep. Perfection is not the standard. Listen to what God actually says, which stands in contrast to what Christians say:

Deuteronomy 30
11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
OK, so how is it that the Law is not/ cannot be followed now since the temple is not functionable as it was before 70 CE? Do you think God made that change, or did the rabbis? Just asking...

YoursTrue

Deuteronomy 30
Yet every year the goats were offered on the day of atonement. Did anyone you know of ever follow completely, obeying the Law in its entirety? Yes, God knew no mere mortal could or would follow it. Only a perfect man without sin could follow it. And that, of course, was Jesus.
Was it too difficult for Adam and Eve to follow the one commandment God gave them?

IndigoChild5559

OK, so how is it that the Law is not/ cannot be followed now since the temple is not functionable as it was before 70 CE? Do you think God made that change, or did the rabbis? Just asking...
We are only responsible to keep the laws we are ABLE to keep.

Nothing happens that God does not allow. It doesnt mean there is a change in the law. It simply means that the law is on hold until the temple can be rebuitl.

IndigoChild5559

Yet every year the goats were offered on the day of atonement. Did anyone you know of ever follow completely, obeying the Law in its entirety? Yes, God knew no mere mortal could or would follow it. Only a perfect man without sin could follow it. And that, of course, was Jesus.
Was it too difficult for Adam and Eve to follow the one commandment God gave them?
Keeping the law perfectly without a single lapse is NOT THE STANDARD. That is a wrongheaded notion that Paul made up that Christians can't seem to get past. If I slip up, I repent and return to God's ways. It's really that simple.

Skywalker

Nothing happens that God does not allow. It doesnt mean there is a change in the law. It simply means that the law is on hold until the temple can be rebuitl.

Jesus made a way for the laws that we could not keep.

YoursTrue

So God allowed the temple to be virtually totally destroyed. In 70 C.E. I certainly believe that. And you believe the law of Moses will be reinstated when the temple is rebuilt? I can't go without mentioning though that about two thousand years have passed by since the temple was ransacked and rendered useless for Jews to use.

YoursTrue

Keeping the law perfectly without a single lapse is NOT THE STANDARD. That is a wrongheaded notion that Paul made up that Christians can't seem to get past. If I slip up, I repent and return to God's ways. It's really that simple.
Didn't you say that the God said that the law was not too hard to keep?

YoursTrue

Able to keep? (What does that mean?) I'm figuring you mean about the animal and other sacrifices at the temple, Levitical priesthood and things like that. right? Anything else that you're not able to keep? Ever wonder why God allowed this anyway?

IndigoChild5559

So God allowed the temple to be virtually totally destroyed. In 70 C.E. I certainly believe that. And you believe the law of Moses will be reinstated when the temple is rebuilt? I can't go without mentioning though that about two thousand years have passed by since the temple was ransacked and rendered useless for Jews to use.
Yes, when the third temple is built, sacrifices will resume. It doesn't matter how much time has passed.