• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is A World With Many Religions Better Than a World With Only One?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Was this prompted by this article?

Will religion ever disappear?

I would like to point out that religions are declining in the West, in general, and that the more intelligent and/or educated also tend to be less religious. How does this affect the view that religions are here to stay when hopefully we want to see more prosperity in the world (which the West tends to have) and for better education all around the world too. It is a fact that the most religious tend to inhabit the poorer nations and where education is not so good. I can't see the world having any less religions than it currently has and the likelihood of one dominating is even more remote - given the numbers abandoning religions.

The answer to the question posed is probably neither but instead no religions, but that is extremely unlikely to happen any time soon.

Jumi

perhaps if there were only one religion the arrogance would disappear because we'd be closer to considering everyone equal.
Perhaps they would treat everyone as of their own religion, but they would arrogantly ignore truth. Because they are the only option, there would not be many seeking reality.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Maybe we should go one religion further; would the world be better with NO religion?
Yes, maybe allowing separate so-called religions is like allowing racism in the form of Apartheid?

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If there was only one religion they would be quite arrogant and less interested in looking for the truth.

perhaps if there were only one religion the arrogance would disappear because we'd be closer to considering everyone equal.

Perhaps they would treat everyone as of their own religion, but they would arrogantly ignore truth. Because they are the only option, there would not be many seeking reality.

I think in general a baby is not arrogant. Others teach us. More religions bring out this arrogance. The spiritual seekers will transform their arrogance.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm guessing you are asking if I think my question about a world with many religions is somehow related to my belief that most people are believers. I'm thinking they are but I'm not sure how to describe it.

Here goes an attempt at a better version of the question. A question I don't have an answer to. If most people are believers and if most people will continue to be believers would the world be a better place of all these believers practiced the same religion? I would like to say the answer is yes but my gut kind of tells me that's the wrong answer.

No. A lot of us believe not because we choose but something (and for some, someone) let us find (or receive) a revelation of some sort of truth(s) about reality and are place in it.

So if the whole were christian, many peoples inner being would be so disrupted because a religion they practice isnt insync with the religion or worldview their mind, spirit, and body coinside with. There cant be a one foundation for all religions because that assumes everyone is the same and will receive the same benefit from one single point of view; when, that is unrealistic.

If we practice religions that separates people who disagree with us, then these are not religions many wish to follow. Its not the specific religion but how it works for you and how it works for your interaction with other people.

It would be a coersion of the spirit to have one faith. You would have to change peoples spiritual and mental "genetic" in order to benefits from having one faith asc ompared to addressing peoples behaviors regardless the religion they take up.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I believe religion will always be with us. Just as most people are right handed and a few people are left handed and a smaller number of people are ambidextrous, I believe most people are wired to be heterosexual and I believe that most people are wired to be believers in something bigger than themselves. I am not saying heterosexuality and believing are correlated. I am saying the majority of the people in the world are religious and will continue to be religious. Grant you, there might be a better word that 'religious'. However, my point is I don't think one worldwide religion is the answer. The Christian scriptures, i.e. the Book of Revelation, disagree with me.

Most religions teach we perfect ourselves, over time. The Christian scriptures say we cannot perfect ourselves morally and get help from the cross of Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection to pay our sin, guilt and shame.

Most religions are not Christianity. People are mostly religious, which makes the atheists here curious, desiring to participate at these forums to learn more.

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
Bush wrote the Seven Noahide Laws into existence for good reason as they're said to be the bedrock of civilization according to bill H.J.Res.104, may the global rule of the Sabbatean-Frankists, the Freemasons, Israel and Donald Christ be filled with grace, peace and safety. Most people put absolute trust in the ultra rich anyhow, and If you want to find out who rules you find out who you aren't permitted to talk about, and besides, the United States has already proven to be the revived Roman empire which is ruled by a certain authority which shouldn't be questioned.

Have a nice day.

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
If there would be a religion which dominates today it's the money religion, and now many are working hard towards a cashless society, you can see it in the crypto mania of today, it's even driving the prices up of computer hardware and it all really boils down to greed and selfishness. I bet that many will be eager to get fully connected to the system via transhumanism.

2 Timothy 3:2

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
Thank you.

Profound reaction to my post, I know what your pleasure is.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy what is coming onto this world, and the signs of it are ever increasing, scoffers will have a great time.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I believe religion will always be with us. Just as most people are right handed and a few people are left handed and a smaller number of people are ambidextrous, I believe most people are wired to be heterosexual and I believe that most people are wired to be believers in something bigger than themselves. I am not saying heterosexuality and believing are correlated. I am saying the majority of the people in the world are religious and will continue to be religious. Grant you, there might be a better word that 'religious'. However, my point is I don't think one worldwide religion is the answer. The Christian scriptures, i.e. the Book of Revelation, disagree with me.
Well there's not much chance that we'll all be one religion until God shows his face more, and if God shows his face more the religions will be more primitive. It's a balance of silence/science.

arthra

Baha'i
I don't think one worldwide religion is the answer.

Baha'is believe that the major world religions do share a common spiritual origin. Our history and development suggest I think that each religion became manifest in varying social and cultural platforms with the overall goal of advancing civilization and fostering the growth of our spiritual and social development.

I would offer that there is a growing trend toward understanding each others' spiritual development and that this can be seen internationally and sometimes locally in inter-faith activities.

One example is the Parliament of World Religions that meets regularly:

parliamentofreligions.org | Parliament of the World's Religions

ukok102nak

:smoke: every living person on earth want the same ideas
thou with different approaches
and if we may say so
as it is written
In spite of many daydreams, pointless actions, and empty words, you should still fear God.
Ecclesiastes 5:7 GW

in every sentences ends with emotions until the very questions stops
same as unto those people who has their own reality to differ
such as ours for
we believe that life in this reality is existed only for one purpose
where everythin from nothin turned out to be a real surprise in the beginning
of everythin which are currently existing
even within this present time of ours
therefore
one has become one with
the word
as it is written
:read:
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Deuteronomy 32:4 KJVA

in hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Titus 1:2 KJVA

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them ; and that from a child thou hast known the holy Scriptures,
which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:14‭-‬17 KJVA

as they say
You don’t need anyone to write to you about the way Christians should love each other. God has taught you to love each other.
1 Thessalonians 4:9 GW

we just want to ask (because we are not all knowing)
if anybody could

try to guess
what will happen
when a single thought of thinkin
from something bigger than ours or themselves
silently whisperin unto each and individual you and me
though still remained unheard by our own freewill
forcing someone to act against their own will
and becaused
the light in every creatures heart remain unspoken along with all that is good who speak
and doesn't lie about this
at exactly about this moment of pleasure
the unthinkable unexpedtedly
tempting someone
whose sounds shall never be heard again within the the entire existence
of everything .. .
is it now the perfect time to ask a question
if it is going to happen
so that we may
think one worldwide religion is the answer against the true evil

but nevertheless
if someone says we hope not as it is impossible
then someone tell also unto that someone
if it is impossible that the sound of thought in our mind
nor the light in our heart is
the very reason why
we keep our hope going on living . ...
with the help and mercy of the Lord and of the will of God
everytime

one neighbor of ours bellieved
someone ask this to another neighbor of ours and we
hope their faith comes before the answer

Last edited: