• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a Head Transplant Ethical?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
MV5BMTgzMTU1MjQ0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIwMTY1MjE@._V1_.jpg

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
"Lazy thinking is lazy doing."

It was not lazy thinking. Get real. :rolleyes:

I considered both, considered how the media was using them, then prioritized what I wanted in my post. I decided a shorter title was more appealing. That was not lazy. Get over yourself.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Do you think this is ethical? Why or why not?
There are those who donate their bodies to science, there are organ donors, and there are people who would consent to receiving said donations. As long as everything is on the up and up legally, I don't really care. The only ethical concern I have as a medical professional is informed consent. I'm honestly really curious to see if this will work.

Would God approve of something like this, if it could be done safely?
Probably not, but He's not in a big rush to give the guy going to be getting the new body quality of life anyway. God also doesn't seem to be able to pull this off, given the whole John the Baptist fiasco.

Ethical? I don't even believe it is possible as most of the medical world is taking an arm's length view of the claim. The fellow involved seems to be little more than a self-promoting fruitcake.
Lots of things used to be impossible before some idiot was like, "Hold my beer."

I suppose that person could give consent, however, it brings into question should we consider the feelings of the family of the donor body in such a position?
Only if they were in charge of the donor's wishes. If the donor themselves made the decision, I don't care what the family thinks.

I carry a donor card giving my concent for any part of my body to be used after i die. My kidneys, liver, heart, lungs etc could save/prolong a few lives. I see no reason my head shouldn't be used if the tech is there to do the job properly.
It's not like I'm going to need it back. :)

How many of you think assisted suicide is ethical?
I consider it far more ethical than to watch someone suffer for months if not years because they can't accept Mommy or Daddy is not immortal.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
After a decade long battle with a lung transplant recipient I finally removed the donor status from my paperwork.
I don't want any part of my body potentially keeping another waste of flesh breathing.

That's a remarkable story.

See if you can watch this without weeping (about 2 minutes long):

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think it would be perfectly ethical, the body would lose full rights as a citizen and belongs only to the head for government paperwork purposes.

Edit btw it would be called a body transplant.