• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a Flat Tax Fair?

John Doe makes $20k annually. That 10%($2000) is a lot of money to him.

Then he should either budget better or go make more money. Or be content.

Joe Doe makes $20 million annually. His 10% would be $2 million which he wouldn't miss plus he would have fraudulent writes off to cover that plus probably made another $10 million he didn't report.

If he did fraudalent write offs, why would he do that if he wouldnt miss his 2 million?

Why should a person making $20k per year pay the same 10% tax as someone making $20 million per year?

Because its fairness. And it creates incentives to move up the income ladder.

I think that I have already answered the rest. So, no owners won't pay fair wages. That is a constant in this country. Look around.

No, you have not answered my question.

My question was> why should business owners not be allowed to enjoy and keep the fruits or profits of there years of hard work?

Also i made a point that said owners usually pay MORE then the federal minimum wage.

Ill give a source showing this. Here is just one example out of multiples.

Warehouse Worker Hourly Pay in Charlotte, North Carolina | PayScale

So $13.28 for a wearhouse worker in charlotte NC.

But the federal minimum wage only requires $7.25

This proves government dont need to force owners to pay fair wages.

Plus, if a worker wants more, they can ask and negotiate directly to there boss.

Prometheus85

Why cant you ever stop wasting time bull****ing around and just answer a simple question?

No. Because all u do it ask questions. Not only that, but it’s also attempt by to make wild accusations acceptable by framing them as questions rather than statements. A perfect example is you asking me to give you proof that economists agree with me and my views or agree with your and views. By just asking questions it shifts the burden of proof on to your opponents rather than explaining your ludicrous beliefs.

So no I’m not asking your questions because you don’t debate honestly.

Neutral Name

My question was> why should business owners not be allowed to enjoy and keep the fruits or profits of there years of hard work?

Also i made a point that said owners usually pay MORE then the federal minimum wage.

Plus, if a worker wants more, they can ask and negotiate directly to there boss.

Actually, in the past, I have had many minimum wage jobs and even jobs which didn't pay minimum wage like waitressing. At times, I did not even make minimum wage. Yet, I gave my all for my employers. I was hard working, loyal and dedicated. It is moral for employers to show the same to their employees.

Prometheus85

Your argument flawed for one major reason.

The fact that both corporate profits and CEO salaries have increased to insane levels. A typical CEO made 20 times the salary of his or her average worker. Last year (2018), CEO pay at an S&P 500 Index firm soared to an average of 361 times more than the average rank-and-file worker, or pay of $13,940,000 a year, no matter how you slice it is obvious that not only have wages not kept with inflation but the money the companies made is going into the CEO pockets rather then the workers. And you’re literally that CEO’s should reap all the benefits and not share anything with their workers. That’s insane!

Actually, in the past, I have had many minimum wage jobs and even jobs which didn't pay minimum wage like waitressing. At times, I did not even make minimum wage. Yet, I gave my all for my employers. I was hard working, loyal and dedicated. It is moral for employers to show the same to their employees.

I agree with you that employers should pay there workers based on work ethic, skill and responsibility.

And if they pay less then there value, thats wrong.

But, i also think its equally wrong to have government force them to pay the full value.

I think negociating directly to the employer is better.

Plus, if the market is left free, then the market will decide the wages as well.

If one wearhouse pays more then another, then workers will flock to the higher paying wearhouse. Then the lesser paying wearhouse will be INDIRECTLY FORCED to raise wages in order to COMPETE for workers.

You see?

Your argument flawed for one major reason.

The fact that both corporate profits and CEO salaries have increased to insane levels. A typical CEO made 20 times the salary of his or her average worker. Last year (2018), CEO pay at an S&P 500 Index firm soared to an average of 361 times more than the average rank-and-file worker, or pay of $13,940,000 a year, no matter how you slice it is obvious that not only have wages not kept with inflation but the money the companies made is going into the CEO pockets rather then the workers. And you’re literally that CEO’s should reap all the benefits and not share anything with their workers. That’s insane!

Whats wrong with a CEO or a business owner keeping and enjoying the profits he worked hard for by building his business? He earned it. Are you saying the worker on the bottom should make as much as him, the owner?