• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a Flat Tax Fair?

We Never Know

No Slack
Conservatives are always pushing for a "flat tax." It sounds so simple: One easy rate, so we all pay the same, easy to calculate... Get rid of deductions and lower the tax rates. But is it really fair?

Does anyone ever think their tax is fair?

The Tax Poem

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table at which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes are the rule.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways to tax his a$$.

Tax all he has, Then let him know, That you won't be done till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers, Then tax him some more, Tax him till he's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in which he's laid.

Put these words Upon his tomb, 'Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply the inheritance tax.

Neutral Name

For the record, you did not answer my question, i still would like it answered.

But, ill answer yours. Its not wrong for the employee to ask his employer for a fair wage. Its wrong for the employee to ask the government to force his employer to pay him a fair wage.

Can you re-post your question. I did ask you once before but haven't seen it posted.

Equal opportunity? 1st off You stole that form Enoch.

Im reinforcing what enoch said. If you wanna call it steeling, go right ahead.

The WAY he put it was simply different to how i put it. I used the word liberty, he used the word opertunity. But, the spirit of what wer talking about is the same. But, its amazing that you wanna nit pick at nothing and miss the forrst for the trees and absolutely refuse to address our point.

Also you said inequality is good and no one should be equal. Now your talking about equal liberty??? You say your not talking about status but yet you put emphasis on poor peoples status. Your contradicting yourself

Im not contradicting myself. I explained what i meant, but you wanna twist my words.

Equal opertunity or equal liberty is not the same thing as everyone being equal on everything in life. I gave you examples. Men and women dont have equal strength. Some people are smarter then others. Some are ritcher then others.

But, those who are less strong, less ritch, less smart, they have the equal opertunity to change those things.

@Jollybear I wanna know how you came to the conclusion that by me saying Supply-side economics as a theory has virtually no support from professional economists is me saying all economist agree with me.

Look, do you have proof that all economists that dont agree with you are NOT PROFESIONALS? Yes or no?

And you want a article saying all economist agree me. Because that’s not rational thinking. In any case here’s a evidence to back up my claim.

The GOP's Original Sin

This article says nowhere that all enonomists that disagree with you are not profesionals.

Also I notice how you NEVER provide evidence to back up any of your claims, but you always demand others to provide evidence and answer your questions. And even when do manage to provide some kind source, its easily debunked and proving to be misleading. And instead of correcting your mistakes and being accountable you double down on your wrongness and accuse others of not being accountable. It’s pretty clear that you don’t wanna have a honest debate with people on this forum.

Your talking about YOURSELF.

Prometheus85

Im reinforcing what enoch said. If you wanna call it steeling, go right ahead.

The WAY he put it was simply different to how i put it. I used the word liberty, he used the word opertunity. But, the spirit of what wer talking about is the same. But, its amazing that you wanna nit pick at nothing and miss the forrst for the trees and absolutely refuse to address our point.

Im not contradicting myself. I explained what i meant, but you wanna twist my words.

Equal opertunity or equal liberty is not the same thing as everyone being equal on everything in life. I gave you examples. Men and women dont have equal strength. Some people are smarter then others. Some are ritcher then others.

But, those who are less strong, less ritch, less smart, they have the equal opertunity to change those things.

Look, do you have proof that all economists that dont agree with you are NOT PROFESIONALS? Yes or no?

This article says nowhere that all enonomists that disagree with you are not profesionals.

Your talking about YOURSELF.

Debating with you is pointless. Because you contradict yourself over and over again and you don’t possess the ability to think rationally.

How did you get this

"This article says nowhere that all enonomists that disagree with you are not professional"

And this

Form this

Supply-side economics as a theory has virtually no support from professional economists.

I’m confused and curious on why you keep asking me to give YOU proof that economist agree with me, or don’t agree with me and are not professionals.

Because that kind of logic just can't be argued with because it's so demented, so lost in its own insanity, that any attempts to make it rational would make it more incomprehensible.

Can you re-post your question. I did ask you once before but haven't seen it posted.

First, what was the question I did not answer? Second, getting back to greedy bosses. How many will pay their employees appropriately if not forced by the government? No too many, I'm sure.

I did post my question. My question was why is it wrong for a business owner to not keep and enjoy the profits he worked so hard for?

Also, you say your so sure the owners wont pay fair wages if there not forced. Are you really sure about that?

Heres the reality, in the USA the federal minimum wage is $7 and change. Yet, most companies pay way above that. Many pay $11 or more. Depending on the job and company. Yet, there not forced to pay $11, there only forced to pay $7 and change.

Think about this for a moment, if you ask politely and negociate DIRECTLY to your employer, they will have alot of respect for that, you dont think they will work with you?

Im not a business owner, but let me say this, if i was and an applicant went behind my back to ask government to force me to pay him X amount of money if i hire him and i knew this, i would absolutely refuse to hire him. Why? Because he does not have any transparency toward me. He does not trust me enough to directly ask me and negotiate a fair pay.

Debating with you is pointless. Because you contradict yourself over and over again and you don’t possess the ability to think rationally.

How did you get this

"This article says nowhere that all enonomists that disagree with you are not professional"

And this

Form this

Supply-side economics as a theory has virtually no support from professional economists.

I’m confused and curious on why you keep asking me to give YOU proof that economist agree with me, or don’t agree with me and are not professionals.

Because that kind of logic just can't be argued with because it's so demented, so lost in its own insanity, that any attempts to make it rational would make it more incomprehensible.

Its not hard to understand.

Sinple question. Do any profesional economists agree with my views? Yes or no.

Prometheus85

Its not hard to understand.

Sinple question. Do any profesional economists agree with my views? Yes or no.

Now it’s your views? Before it was my views?

Where are u getting this, do any professional economist agree with your views form?

Before you said this.

Now you change your whole question. Lol

Does anyone ever think their tax is fair?

The Tax Poem

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table at which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes are the rule.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways to tax his a$$.

Tax all he has, Then let him know, That you won't be done till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers, Then tax him some more, Tax him till he's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in which he's laid.

Put these words Upon his tomb, 'Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply the inheritance tax.

And do you agree this is how it should be?

Rise

According to God, yes. The tithe is a flat tax on income.

Historically it is always the elite rich who are against a genuine flat tax.

In medieval France it was the land owning lords who refused to allow themselves to be taxed by the king, but went along with increased taxes on the poor.

The elite today largely dont pay taxes either. They pay politicians to write tax loopholes only they have the means to take advantage of. They pay armies of lawyers/accountants to set up tax free foundations as shelters for thier wealth or park the wealth overseas.

Yet we see most of the rich elite continue to advocate for making our current tax system even more progressive than it already is. Why? Because they want to kick the ladder out from anyone who is trying to climb towards the top, fearful someone will one day unseat them from their position of wealth and power.

Progressive taxes and obscene amounts of regulation keep most economic up and comers sufficiently burdened to ensure they won't be able to soar too high and build wealth past a certain point - meanwhile those already in the stratosphere are exempt from anything that would bring them down.​

Last edited:
Now it’s your views? Before it was my views?

Where are u getting this, do any professional economist agree with your views form?

Before you said this.

Now you change your whole question. Lol

Why cant you ever stop wasting time bull****ing around and just answer a simple question?

We Never Know

No Slack
What about no income tax at all, just sales tax for all?

John Doe makes $20k annually. That 10%($2000) is a lot of money to him.

Joe Doe makes $20 million annually. His 10% would be $2 million which he wouldn't miss plus he would have fraudulent writes off to cover that plus probably made another $10 million he didn't report.