• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iron Maiden!!!

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I just have to say that I have been a fan of Iron Maiden for decades. I love their music, their style and the fact that they pull off metal without much use of profanity. I personally do not care whether someone uses profanity, but as a drummer with two young children, I love being able to let them hear "my music" without censoring the language.

That and Eddie is just freaking awesome! One day I will own every single poster and have them framed/mounted in my music room.

Iron Maiden...40+ years and still going strong!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I was so worried at first you were going to say one of them died and there was going to be no more Iron Maiden. /phew
I agree, Iron Maiden is great! Definitely a great example that highlights and showcases the elements that make metal great, from the complexity of their song structure, the finely honed skills on their instruments (and Dickinson's voice), and even their lyrical content for being deep and invoking classic culture and literature, and in the end it's just really great music.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Iron Maiden was the main band that got me into metal. I still consider Wasted Years to be the greatest heavy metal song of all time.

Many of their songs, especially that one, have deep lyrics, top-notch bass, great vocals, and outstanding solos, in addition to just having excellent instrumental work in general.

Up the irons! :D

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Iron Maiden was the main band that got me into metal. I still consider Wasted Years to be the greatest heavy metal song of all time.

Many of their songs, especially that one, have deep lyrics, top-notch bass, great vocals, and outstanding solos, in addition to just having excellent instrumental work in general.

Up the irons! :D

I agree...Wasted Years is one of my all time favorite songs.

Powerslave was my first IM album I bought back in the 80s after hearing Aces High and Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I was hooked at that point! I like some modern metal bands (5FDP, A7X) but I always revert back to the good ole 80s.

Being a drummer and studying other drummers' styles, I am impressed that Nicko McBrain does not use double bass or double pedals! He just has a really fast right foot, especially on Where Eagles Dare. That and he has been their drummer since 1982!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Music...bringing together those that are otherwise at complete odds with each other! ;)
I dunno, musically speaking, Iron Maiden has never moved my quality meter an iota. That they have managed to hang on for so long is noted however. Still, not my cup of tea (and I have a very wide range of musical tastes.)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have liked Iron Maiden for about 30 years, but the funny thing is I do not much like Bruce Dickinson. Like his vocals, don't like the man.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I need these posters to complete my collection:

iron1.jpg

iron3.jpg
iron4.jpg
iron5.jpg
iron2.jpg

VioletVortex

I have these Maiden albums:

Iron Maiden
Killers
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer For the Dying
The X Factor
Virtual XI
The Book of Souls

I love Iron Maiden. They win by far in the war against Judas Priest. Both Paul and Bruce kick as, as does Blaze, but to a lesser extent.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I have these Maiden albums:

Iron Maiden
Killers
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer For the Dying
The X Factor
Virtual XI
The Book of Souls

I love Iron Maiden. They win by far in the war against Judas Priest. Both Paul and Bruce kick as, as does Blaze, but to a lesser extent.

I have all their albums, albeit via MP3 downloads. I have a collection of cassette tapes of their albums from 1980-1990 somewhere in storage.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I just have to say that I have been a fan of Iron Maiden for decades. I love their music, their style and the fact that they pull off metal without much use of profanity. I personally do not care whether someone uses profanity, but as a drummer with two young children, I love being able to let them hear "my music" without censoring the language.

That and Eddie is just freaking awesome! One day I will own every single poster and have them framed/mounted in my music room.

Iron Maiden...40+ years and still going strong!

Yes, funny that they are a kid-safe band in comparison now! There are some out there that make Iron Maiden sound like the Wiggles!

incredible career for a band that never really broke into mainstream, but can fill any stadium. Love Empire of the Clouds and Red and the Black on the new album-