• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irish Election - Just voted

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I just voted.
Seems like a waste of time when the EU/IMF are running the place.
But anyway I got to vote against the FF thiefs.

Anyone the blindest bit of interest in the elections here?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Interested to see how Jerry Adams gets on.
I can't quite understand why he is doing it.

It will be interesting. I think he'll get elected. I also think that Sinn Fein will overtake FF as the 3rd largest party.

I think SF were taken by surprise when Arthur Morgan decided not to run in Louth and I think Adams was their best chance of holding the seat. I think that's why he's doing it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Let me know how it turns out, will you? I'm especially interested in whether the bankers will win this one.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Let me know how it turns out, will you? I'm especially interested in whether the bankers will win this one.

I will of course, we'll be away for the weekend but I'll be back Mon :)

Unfortunately for us the banks have it won already - all parties with the exception of Sinn Fein are intent on plodding along with the perceived wisdom. i.e. Joe and Jane Bloggs must pay for the losses of the banks.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
From the FT
Enda Kenny, Fine Gael’s leader and presumptive taoiseach, claims he will renegotiate the deal. The likely outcome is a face-saving but useless compromise: in return for a lower interest rate, Mr Kenny will stand by his predecessors’ suicidal conflation of bank and sovereign debt. The Irish tragedy will come full circle – but a new act will open in Europe’s drama. Crucifying the Irish for the sins of their banks will not bring redemption, but more strain on sovereign debt. That is a greater threat to Europe’s banks than is applying capitalism to senior creditors – all the more so when imminent stress tests offer a chance to separate healthy banks from sick ones

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not even interested in our elections....yours even less so.
It's like bad weather. Nuthin I can do about it except endure it.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Nuthin I can do about it except endure it.

I disagree with this mindest.

Even the most repressive governments only rule with the consent of their populations.

My hard-left views are very much in the minority in this country but I can present and argue my case. There's a lot that I or anyone can do.