• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iraqi Parliament pushes for plan to expel US troops

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Iraqis Push for U.S. Troop Withdrawal in Symbolic Vote

he Iraqi parliament approved a draft bill Sunday requiring the government to ask Washington to withdraw American troops from the country. The move is largely symbolic, as it sets no timetable for withdrawal and is subject to Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi’s approval. But it reflects mounting volatility facing U.S. forces in the region, and the uncertainty of U.S. strategic interests there in the wake of the American drone strike that killed a top Iranian official Thursday.

During the Iraqi parliament’s emergency session, in which some members repeatedly chanted “no to America,” Mahdi revealed new information about the run up to the American drone strike that killed Qasem Soleimani, a prominent Iranian military leader who commanded the country’s elite Quds Force. Mahdi said President Donald Trump called him and asked him to mediate with Iran even as the American president was secretly ordering Soleimani’s killing. Mahdi also said he was set to meet Soleimani, who was carrying a response to an initiative from Saudi Arabia intended to deescalate tensions.

It was also mentioned that Mahdi is under extreme pressure to expel the troops, so it's hard to say what he'll actually do.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Iraqis Push for U.S. Troop Withdrawal in Symbolic Vote

It was also mentioned that Mahdi is under extreme pressure to expel the troops, so it's hard to say what he'll actually do.
I have heard that all foreign troops have to leave Iraq soon, including Americans.
Norway has only 70 soldiers in Iraq at the moment but they have been asked to prepare for leaving, as soon an official request come to Norwegian government

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Good. Let's get the hell out. I am sure everything will be just fine.
Pretty much. I do feel confident Isreal is better able to defend themselves than what Uncle Sam tries to suggest, and probably better equiped and experienced to deal with it than Uncle Sam who really struggles at non-conventional warfare. And to mention Isreal isn't afraid to defend themselves, and would probably have a significantly easier time blowing Iran off the map than Iran would doing that to them. The outside world probably wouldn't like them over it (they already by thise who don't comprehend the risks they face), but they are the ones I would definitely rather see as the dominant state in that area. Especially with the alternative being mostly those who do impose medieval era like religious laws and restrictions.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I predict that if the West leaves Iraq, Iran and Russia will take their place along with Chinese influence. Then of course, Iranian missiles will be much closer to Israel.

It would be win win win for Iran, Russia and China and lose lose lose for Israel.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I predict that if the West leaves Iraq, Iran and Russia will take their place along with Chinese influence. Then of course, Iranian missiles will be much closer to Israel.

It would be win win win for Iran, Russia and China and lose lose lose for Israel.
And Putin's support of Trump starts to pay dividends.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I don't see our mission in the mid east as spending
much life & lucre for Israel's defense. It's their country.
Let them defend it. The cost is too high for us.