• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran's use of ‘electric shocks’ on gay children is torture, says UN report

danieldemol

Premium Member
'A UN report released Wednesday on widespread human rights violations in the Islamic Republic of Iran contains shocking findings that the theocratic state imposed electric torture on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender children.

The UN Special Rapporteur for the Islamic Republic of Iran, Javaid Rehman, wrote that he is “concerned at reports that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender children were subjected to electric shocks and the administration of hormones and strong psychoactive medications. These practices amount to torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment, and violate the State’s obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child."'

Read more here: Iran's use of ‘electric shocks’ on gay children is torture, says UN repor

We Never Know

No Slack
'A UN report released Wednesday on widespread human rights violations in the Islamic Republic of Iran contains shocking findings that the theocratic state imposed electric torture on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender children.

The UN Special Rapporteur for the Islamic Republic of Iran, Javaid Rehman, wrote that he is “concerned at reports that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender children were subjected to electric shocks and the administration of hormones and strong psychoactive medications. These practices amount to torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment, and violate the State’s obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child."'

Read more here: Iran's use of ‘electric shocks’ on gay children is torture, says UN repor

Do they use the same shock treatment on whores, playboys, men commiting polygamy without a court order approved by their first wife, etc.. Or is it just for other people that do what they feel makes them happy?
I'm not for or against gays. Being a heterosexuals male I will admit I don't understand how a male would rather be with another male instead of a female. Or vise-versa.
Is it from DNA, rejection, acceptance, raising, abuse, etc. I don't have a clue which is why I can say I don't understand it.
But happiness and living life is all about the persons self and what they want, its not about having to explain it to others.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Probably American military use the same aweful techniques in their system, but any form of torture done by any nation should be stopped

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Welcome to the Islamic Republic of Iran - and they are - just please don't export it. :oops:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Have you been to Iran? :) the people there are very nice. But the leadership both political and religious have gone way to far in their search for power.
No, and no intention of going there. Of course the people will mostly be as nice as in most other countries - I have travelled quite a bit. I did meet one student from Tehran when we shared a house (before the current regime came to power). His morals were questionable, but I didn't then see all Iranians much the same. It's the regime in charge that is the issue, as you point out.