• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran's hardline presidential frontrunner could take the country back to a dark past...

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
One thing I find curious is that only Middle Easterners the US media doesn't like are ever being referred to as "hardline" anything.

For example, Benjamin Netanyahu's coalition would have been politically to the far right of most Western politician, but to my knowledge, has never been described as "hardline" at any point in his decades-long political career despite being an outspoken proponent of a jingoistic and martial foreign policy.

And to my knowledge, no US or other Western politician, no matter how extreme their politics, has ever been described as "hardline".

So where is this "line" that the Iranian president is supposedly going "hard" on? What is this saying about his actual policies compared to all the religiously conservative, misogynist and oppressive leaders that are not considered "hardline" (for example, Netanyahu, MBS, or Putin).