• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran steps further from nuke deal, adding pressure on Europe

Cooky

Veteran Member

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran increased its uranium enrichment Sunday beyond the limit allowed by its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, inching its program closer toward weapons-grade levels while calling for a diplomatic solution to a crisis heightening tensions with the U.S.

Iran’s move, coupled with earlier abandoning the deal’s limit on its low-enriched uranium stockpile, intensifies pressure on Europe to find any effective way around U.S. sanctions that block Tehran’s oil sales abroad.

But the future of the accord that President Donald Trump unilaterally pulled the U.S. from a year ago remains in question. While Iran’s recent measures could be easily reversed, Europe has struggled to respond, even after getting a 60-day warning that the increase was coming.

Cooky

Veteran Member
IOW:

Hey... We're going to break the agreement and enrich more uranium in 60 days, just like we already broke the agreement on low-enriched uranium a few months ago... Sorry dudes.

Cooky

Veteran Member
With American elections coming up next year, Iran could have played this better... Another baffling, and just plain weird decision by the Iranian gov.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
But I thought the Europeans were still honoring the deal. Now Iran seems to show that it doesn't care about Europe.
What Iran cares about is having nuclear weapons and eased trade restrictions. Once the country most strongly pushing for trade restrictions, who are also the country Iran wants nukes in defence against, left the party, the outcome was pretty forgone. This is Trump's ****up, and everyone else tried to tell you lot that this is exactly what would happen. But Trump had to knock over Obama's block tower because... reasons... and now you all are acting shocked that exactly what everyone said would happen is happening?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I mean, we KNOW the Iranians are somewhat unhinged and punchy, but there was a plan in place and it was working. Why'd Trump have to go and ruin it? Other than spite, I mean?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's as if conflict is their main goal or something...
It is Trump that forces Iran to keep making weapons since Trump pulled America out of the same deal as Iran pulled out of, Why is it ok that America have nuclear weapons but when Iran tries to make them it become illegal?
The way Trump doing things is a dangerous way toward war.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
This is Trump's ****up, and everyone else tried to tell you lot that this is exactly what would happen.

Ahem note the date on this article from 2016. Which is 2 years before Trump pulled out of the deal in 2018.

Iran Breaches the Nuclear Deal and UN Resolutions for Third Time | HuffPost

United States withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action - Wikipedia

Other than spite, I mean?

Iran broke the deal multiple times since it was established in 2015. They never had any intentions of keeping it.

I mean, we KNOW the Iranians are somewhat unhinged and punchy, but there was a plan in place and it was working.

It never worked. Not even for a year, a month, a day, a single second even. They never stopped enriching uranium.

The way Trump doing things is a dangerous way toward war.

You mean Iran.

sooda

Veteran Member

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran increased its uranium enrichment Sunday beyond the limit allowed by its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, inching its program closer toward weapons-grade levels while calling for a diplomatic solution to a crisis heightening tensions with the U.S.

Iran’s move, coupled with earlier abandoning the deal’s limit on its low-enriched uranium stockpile, intensifies pressure on Europe to find any effective way around U.S. sanctions that block Tehran’s oil sales abroad.

But the future of the accord that President Donald Trump unilaterally pulled the U.S. from a year ago remains in question. While Iran’s recent measures could be easily reversed, Europe has struggled to respond, even after getting a 60-day warning that the increase was coming.

I have been watching this slow motion train wreck... I sure hope we don't go to war.

Enoch07

Premium Member
No, I mean The way Trump are acting toward the world, that will lead toward WW3 if he does not stop.
Honestly i am not afraid of Iran.

You afraid of the wrong folks then.

Because Iran has been lying for 4 years now pretending like it wasn't enriching uranium but in fact it has been. You think they plan on petting puppies with those nuclear weapons?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You afraid of the wrong folks then.

Because Iran has been lying for 4 years now pretending like it wasn't enriching uranium but in fact it has been. You think they plan on petting puppies with those nuclear weapons?
What i say is that America is not the only country that should be allowed to have nuclear weapons, but it look like Trump do not want anyone else to have it. And what about the constant threat he telling Iran?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Ahem note the date on this article from 2016. Which is 2 years before Trump pulled out of the deal in 2018.

Iran Breaches the Nuclear Deal and UN Resolutions for Third Time | HuffPost

United States withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action - Wikipedia

Iran broke the deal multiple times since it was established in 2015. They never had any intentions of keeping it.

It never worked. Not even for a year, a month, a day, a single second even. They never stopped enriching uranium.

You mean Iran.
I agree that the Iranian government breached the deal first. However, there is at least dispute over that. The idea is that you test missile systems that are designed for non-nuclear missles and but with the changing of some parts now have a system that is designed and capable of delivering a nuclear warhead.

The current breach of amassing more nuclear material is much less ambiguous and can be blamed on America withdrawing from the deal. Whether this is true or not is immaterial. The facts as they are do not favor the U.S. in international opinion.

Enoch07

Premium Member
What i say is that America is not the only country that should be allowed to have nuclear weapons, but it look like Trump do not want anyone else to have it. And what about the constant threat he telling Iran?

America isn't the only country with nukes.

But Iran has shown it is untrustworthy just by not adhering to the agreement at all.

Well what do you expect to happen when a country you agreed with has been deceiving the whole world. They agreed to peace but build nukes instead.

If they back off the nukes, sanctioned will be raised and Iran can have good trade with rest of the world again.

Nobody in the U.S. or Europe wants war.

But you can bet the first target of nukes from Iran will probably be Israel or another U.S. ally. Then we our hand will be forced.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I agree that the Iranian government breached the deal first. However, there is at least dispute over that. The idea is that you test missile systems that are designed for non-nuclear missles and but with the changing of some parts now have a system that is designed and capable of delivering a nuclear warhead.

The current breach of amassing more nuclear material is much less ambiguous and can be blamed on America withdrawing from the deal. Whether this is true or not is immaterial. The facts as they are do not favor the U.S. in international opinion.

Unfortunately facts do matter.

Iran never upheld their end of the deal from the beginning. This is because they never intended to. They agreed to the deal to get everyone off their backs so they could have extra time to develop nukes. Which is what happened exactly as they planned.

You can blame on "bad orange man" all day if you want. But Iran has never even tried to honor the deal. Even before Trump was President.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

But Iran has shown it is untrustworthy just by not adhering to the agreement at all.

Well what do you expect to happen when a country you agreed with has been deceiving the whole world. They agreed to peace but build nukes instead.

If they back off the nukes, sanctioned will be raised and Iran can have good trade with rest of the world again.

But you can bet the first target of nukes from Iran will probably be Israel or another U.S. ally. Then we our hand will be forced.
Well America has shown time after time that they attack countries around the world. But you maybe call it self defence when

To say nobody in US want war is false. More then one time people in your government has Said they are prepared for war.