• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran: More than 100 protesters believed to be killed as top officials give green light to crush

danieldemol

Premium Member
Iran: More than 100 protesters believed to be killed as top officials give green light to crush protests

'Verified video footage, eyewitness testimony from people on the ground and information gathered from human rights activists outside Iran reveal a harrowing pattern of unlawful killings by Iranian security forces, which have used excessive and lethal force to crush largely peaceful protests in more than 100 cities across Iran sparked by a hike in fuel prices on 15 November, said Amnesty International today.

At least 106 protesters in 21 cities have been killed, according to credible reports received by Amnesty International. The organization believes that the real death toll may be much higher, with some reports suggesting as many as 200 have been killed. State media have reported only a handful of protester deaths, as well as the deaths of at least four members of the security forces.'

Iranian security forces are using lethal force to crush protests

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's a bad time in some nations to believe in freedom. Iran is one example. China is much worse with their attacks on Muslims. Other nations are no picnics either.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One has to wonder which is worse, China or Islam.
China`s treatment of religious people who want to leave communist party is horrible. Take the example of Falun Gong practitioners who get tortured, or killed because they cultivate their mind and body.
Or the fact that muslims there too are tortured and killed.

Yes Iran is a horrible place for many too no doubt about that, But Communist party in China is doing their evil deeds mostly in hiding from media.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I expected that response.
But Tibetans would still disagree, their having been conquered & subsumed notwithstanding.

Yeah, well, they're not the only ones who have suffered such a fate.

Don't get me wrong. I don't support China, at least not nearly as much as US capitalists do. But in terms of geopolitical mischief, they seem far better behaved in recent times than Iran or several other countries I can name.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, well, they're not the only ones who have suffered such a fate.

Don't get me wrong. I don't support China, at least not nearly as much as US capitalists do. But in terms of geopolitical mischief, they seem far better behaved in recent times than Iran or several other countries I can name.
We'll agree to disagree.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Tibet is not a part of China, But China has treated Tibet as if it is the leaders of China that rule over Tibet. And they have done so for many years and even made Dalai lama have to run away from Tibet.

Well, they do rule over Tibet. That still remains fact, even if some people believe that Tibet should be independent. The issue between China and Tibet goes back centuries; it wasn't something that started with the Communist Chinese. Even the exiled Nationalist Chinese government on Taiwan believes they still control Tibet.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well, they do rule over Tibet. That still remains fact, even if some people believe that Tibet should be independent. The issue between China and Tibet goes back centuries; it wasn't something that started with the Communist Chinese. Even the exiled Nationalist Chinese government on Taiwan believes they still control Tibet.
Well, the pressure on tibet become very bad when communists took power in China, and it is not only Tibet they hurt, as i said earlier, Falun Gong practitioners in mainland China are killed, sent to prison, followed, bullied,tortured. So I have no good to say about Communism.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the pressure on tibet become very bad when communists took power in China, and it is not only Tibet they hurt, as i said earlier, Falun Gong practitioners in mainland China are killed, sent to prison, followed, bullied,tortured. So I have no good to say about Communism.

I don't deny this, and in retrospect, it may have been a bizarre comparison to make, at least in comparing China to Iran.

I see both countries as quasi-nationalistic, and that may explain what's going on.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I reject all hardness! Whether it be Islam, State Communism, or any other kind of organized hardness.