• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran cleric: People who are vaccinated for COVID have ‘become homosexuals’

danieldemol

Premium Member
'An Iranian regime cleric in the holy city of Qom on Tuesday issued a homophobic rant against people vaccinated for COVID-19, claiming that they become gay after receiving the vaccine.

Ayatollah Abbas Tabrizian wrote on his Telegram social-media platform: “Don’t go near those who have had the COVID vaccine. They have become homosexuals.”'

Read more here: Iran cleric: People who are vaccinated for COVID have ‘become homosexuals

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
'An Iranian regime cleric in the holy city of Qom on Tuesday issued a homophobic rant against people vaccinated for COVID-19, claiming that they become gay after receiving the vaccine.

Ayatollah Abbas Tabrizian wrote on his Telegram social-media platform: “Don’t go near those who have had the COVID vaccine. They have become homosexuals.”'

Read more here: Iran cleric: People who are vaccinated for COVID have ‘become homosexuals
:facepalm:

Dear Ayatollah, i guess you need to study the Holy Quran a bit more:flushed: you can't get homosexuality by a vaccine :openmouth: if a person is truly homosexual, they was born like that...

Dang it... can i get that Dude's job or what :confused:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I think this episode has nothing to do with religion.
But with education.
I suspect that education has nothing to do with it. This is the case of leading a donkey to water but it doesn't want to drink.

Conspiracy theorists only care about facts that suit their preconceived ideas and reject all other facts.

danieldemol

Premium Member
:facepalm:

What do you think motivated him to make such a statement?
Could be many things, in a theocratic regime like Iran homophobia is a path to leadership. I suspect it is lust for worldly power and the material trappings that it brings that lead people to loudly promote indoctrinated bigotry.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Could be many things, in a theocratic regime like Iran homophobia is a path to leadership. I suspect it is lust for worldly power and the material trappings that it brings that lead people to loudly promote indoctrinated bigotry.

Good point. I understand why they hate homosexuals but do they have something against the vaccine?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Good point. I understand why they hate homosexuals but do they have something against the vaccine?
The article seemed to suggest that there is not enough vaccine to go round, so the leadership is secretly getting it whilst publicly denouncing it, however I'm a bit sceptical of the articles claim, because Iran has executed 4,000 - 6,000 homosexual people since the Islamic revolution, so the leadership would be playing a dangerous game to unwittingly portray themselves as gay people in such a toxic homophobic environment.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Is the Ayatollah perhaps considering a run for America's Presidency on the Republican ticket?

If so, he's off to a good start.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Do you ever wonder where these people come from?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A web search indicates that the ayatollah is well known for disdain and distrust of modern medicine. This outburst is simply the latest example,

I think that's more than enough evidence these days to conclude the Ayatollah is behind the anti-vaccine cult in America. The most alarming implication of that is the role COVID played in 2020 rendering so many anti-maskers on the right too sick to vote in the election. Dang, the Ayatollah handed the election to Biden so fast that Biden wasn't even given enough time to properly steal it.

Mark my words: A man who can think that far ahead in order to take down Donald Trump and clear the way for his own run on the Republican ticket is well beyond formidable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A web search indicates that the ayatollah is well known for disdain and distrust of modern medicine. This outburst is simply the latest example,
I am flabbergasted. It never occurred to me
that Iran would have its share of crackpots.
(I thought we had a monopoly.)

exchemist

Veteran Member

Yes, but aren't there people in the US who think the vaccine turns you into a G5 mast.........or something.........? :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If I had to guess: he's setting up an excuse for the day he gets outed.

Are you suggesting he's shooting to become the first openly homosexual American president?

Hm... If he makes it, he'll likely be the only one ever on the Republican side of the aisle.