• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran admits to shooting down plane

sooda

Veteran Member
Three years have shown us that Trump is not the master negotiator he claimed.
We wonder if negotiation is even the goal with Iran. Does Israel pull the strings
to simply lay waste to Iran, if not militarily, then economically?

Perhaps.. Trump seems to be flailing around.. I have seen zero evidence that he's a negotiator.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps.. Trump seems to be flailing around.. I have seen zero evidence that he's a negotiator.
He appeared to have tried with N Korea.
Oddly....many lefties here saw that as cozying up to a dictator.
And even opposed it.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Are you saying the U.S. is to blame?

I'm saying three things:
  1. The irresponsible escalation from President Bone Spur was guaranteed to incur collateral damage.
  2. The (coerced) honesty of the Iranian regime stands in sharp contract to the pathological dishonesty of the Trump Administration.
  3. Those who convulsively rally around this sick president too often demonstrate multiple and serious defects, not the least of which is rank hypocrisy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Parenthetically, to the best of my knowledge the US has never issued a comparable apology for the fate of Iran Air Flight 655.

The U.S. did indeed express regret for the loss of human life as well as having paid $71 million in 1996 towards the rightful heirs of those whom the U.S. military had inadvertently blasted to death over the Persian Gulf near where the U.S. and Iran had been engaged in naval combat.

Do you seriously think the same consideration will be given by Iran for having blasted away a jetliner as the consideration the U.S. gave after the U.S. military blasted away a jetliner.?

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
The U.S. did indeed express regret for the loss of human life as well as having paid $71 million towards compensating the rightful heirs of those whom the U.S. military had inadvertently blasted to death over the Persian Gulf near where the U.S. and Iran had been engaged in naval combat.
You cannot resson with TDS.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
MH17 is way to political to clear the truth. Interesting, Ukraine is involved again...Remembering Korean plane killed by Soviets...

Although the missiles might be different, the mode of operation might be the same (effects on aircraft structure) as to show both were at least ground-to-air missiles rather than the explanation apparently given - missiles fired from an aircraft. But as you say, I doubt this will affect that affair.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
A US bomber taking off from the airport in Tehran?

The person who fired the missiles apparently thought it was an American cruise missile:

Iran's admission of guilt over plane crash sparks unrest in Tehran

A missile operator acting alone because of a “communications breakdown” had mistaken the Boeing 737 for a cruise missile heading towards a sensitive IRGC site, and only had 10 seconds to decide whether to fire, he said. “He was obliged to make contact and get verification. But apparently, his communications system had some disruptions. Either the ‘jamming’ system was the cause or the network was busy,” he said.

Flight tracking website FlightRadar24 showed the plane following its normal route and travelling at just over 500 kmh – far slower than a cruise missile. Nine flights had left Tehran’s Imam Khomeini international airport that morning before the Ukrainian airliner without encountering trouble.

The mind boggles as to them not securing the safety of planes taking off from their own airports. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
A US bomber taking off from the airport in Tehran?
Thank you.
After giving this some thought, I no longer believe this had anything to do with nervous reactions.
I think this was retaliation by those who worshiped their assassinated hero.
The claim seems bogus.
For one thing, it was night - dark, so how was the plane's maneuvering detected?
Secondly, is this the first plane along this route, in all the history of Canadian flights?

I don't think so.
I think some who though Qassem Suleimani was their 'god' decided. "You know what... :mad:. Casualties don't need to be in uniform. This is war.

Just my opinion.