• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone or Android?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My first venture into the smartphone world was with a Blackberry 8310 back in 2008. I went through two iterations of this phone, not wanting to move away from the physical keypad.

I moved to Android in 2011 going to a Galaxy S with a slide-out keypad, and eventually was able to wean myself off of the physical keyboard and got used to the digital one. Since that time, I've been with Samsung Galaxies and Notes with the exception of my week using my daughter's old iPhone 6 for a week until I got frustrated and put the SIM card back in my Galaxy.

Starting in September of last year, my company required me to use and iPhone for work (gave me a 6) and while I was unhappy with how slow it was, the iOS ecosystem began to grow on me.

Early this week, the battery in the 6 they gave me finally took a crap, so they upgraded me to the iPhone 8. I was astounded by how easy the switch was between the phones. I couldn't believe all I had to do was back up the phone onto iCloud, turn it off, turn the new phone on, sign into iCloud, and have the same exact setup, apps, text messages, call history...everything, as the old phone. And the iPhone 8 is much faster than my personal daily driver, the Galaxy S7

I have to say, now that I've gotten more used to the operating system and seeing how user friendly the software is, especially when upgrading, my favor is starting to lean toward Apple.

I'm due for an upgrade on my personal S7 and I'm honestly torn between going with an S9 or the iPhone.

What is your daily driver? Your work phone? What operating system do you prefer and why?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
3d3dd6c56f61bc9f01bc48dd6b6a3be9.jpg

I use a ZTE Android smartphone.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I use Iphone because that's what my son uses.
(He handles all our modern electronics.)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Android. I used to like Windows back when they actually made phones.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is a truly religious, even fundamentalist, question. Do you prefer a walled garden ruled over by a single company - then iPhone. Do you prefer an evolutionary hardware jungle with software reigned over more or less by one company - then Android.

I personally prefer the choice that Android gives me. My current phone is an LG G4 (yes, I don't keep up with the current ones) and the one before was a Galaxy S3. I have no decision what my next phone will be.

Orbit

I'm a planet
My first venture into the smartphone world was with a Blackberry 8310 back in 2008. I went through two iterations of this phone, not wanting to move away from the physical keypad.

I moved to Android in 2011 going to a Galaxy S with a slide-out keypad, and eventually was able to wean myself off of the physical keyboard and got used to the digital one. Since that time, I've been with Samsung Galaxies and Notes with the exception of my week using my daughter's old iPhone 6 for a week until I got frustrated and put the SIM card back in my Galaxy.

Starting in September of last year, my company required me to use and iPhone for work (gave me a 6) and while I was unhappy with how slow it was, the iOS ecosystem began to grow on me.

Early this week, the battery in the 6 they gave me finally took a crap, so they upgraded me to the iPhone 8. I was astounded by how easy the switch was between the phones. I couldn't believe all I had to do was back up the phone onto iCloud, turn it off, turn the new phone on, sign into iCloud, and have the same exact setup, apps, text messages, call history...everything, as the old phone. And the iPhone 8 is much faster than my personal daily driver, the Galaxy S7

I have to say, now that I've gotten more used to the operating system and seeing how user friendly the software is, especially when upgrading, my favor is starting to lean toward Apple.

I'm due for an upgrade on my personal S7 and I'm honestly torn between going with an S9 or the iPhone.

What is your daily driver? Your work phone? What operating system do you prefer and why?

I have had an iPhone for many years and find it easy to use, lots of apps. I currently have an iPhone 8+ and really like the larger screen size. On the flip side, my husband has an Android phone that he's happy with, but which I can't figure out how to operate.

I like the way the iOS works on iPhone, the settings and controls are intuitive to me. Not sure how much this helps.

Jumi

They both suck. Apple is much nicer to use than Android, but Android has a bit more freedom.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have had an iPhone for many years and find it easy to use, lots of apps. I currently have an iPhone 8+ and really like the larger screen size. On the flip side, my husband has an Android phone that he's happy with, but which I can't figure out how to operate.

I like the way the iOS works on iPhone, the settings and controls are intuitive to me. Not sure how much this helps.

The settings and controls are quite different between the two operating system. I've become quite proficient at both, but the biggest difference I see are that settings are more centralized in iOS, especially app settings, while settings in Android apps are within each individual app. While it took me a bit to become used to iOS settings, I find them more user friendly than in Android.

Jumi

*smiles* How jaded we've become with technology.
Technology is fine in itself. Just the fact that the top today is a garbage heap in terms of design choices. At least they're easy to use, unless you want more privacy or security. Nope, gotta let problems happen or customer anger reach some level first before fixing anything. So progress is slow, except for eye candy, now that gets on your phone fast along with those nice ads that seem to think they guess what you like. Imagine showing an app that teaches a language to a new friend who happens to be female who speaks that language, then some mail order bride ad for that country pops up... fun.

Still if you need to choose, I'd choose the OS by whatever apps you like to use or would like to have on your phone. end of rant

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I just went through an upgrade from the Google Pixel to the Pixel 2. Whilst I really like the Pixel, it died suddenly (only bad word I have for it) so I wasn't 'prepared' for the switch.

It was uber-easy. Perhaps not quite as easy as an iPhone, but then again, I'm not using a full suite of Google products.

I wouldn't ever contemplate going back to Apple. My wife and kids use them (happily) and they drive me nuts when I'm forced to for whatever reason.

[edit] In case it matters I'm pretty strictly a big phone guy, so I use a Pixel 2 XL, upgraded from a Pixel XL. Prior to that I was using Notes.