• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IPCC 6th Assessment Report

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Global surface temperature will continue to increase until at least the mid-century under all emissions scenarios considered. Global warming of 1.5°C and 2°C will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur in the coming decades.

Time to buy a house on a hill.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
The scary part is the rise in sea-levels. We've had coastal flooding from surge tides.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What's going on in one picture

30yrNormal_Temp_1901-2000_620.png

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tidal flooding, sometimes called sunny day flooding, is a thing now:

"While people associate flooding with storms, hurricanes, or certain seasons, sunny day flooding can occur on days when there hasn’t been any rainfall or a cloud in the sky. Scientists point to this trend of sunny day flooding as one way that climate change is affecting our natural environment. The frequency of tidal flooding can be attributed to some of the symptoms of climate change, such as the rise in sea level, the erosion of coastal barriers like reefs and sandbanks, as well as the gradual sinking of lands located on sediment rather than bedrock."

Also,

"ST. PETERSBURG — Sunny day flooding could go from an occasional nuisance to a regular problem in the city, according to a new study. It projects that St. Petersburg might see inundation at high tide more than 60 times a year in the coming decades. Sea level rise, periodic shifts in tides and weather patterns are to blame, researchers said. “The reason we’re worrying about it now is this has been going on forever, but we never noticed it before,” said University of South Florida College of Marine Science Associate Dean Gary Mitchum, one of seven authors on the study. “Now the high tide increase every decade or two is superimposed on sea level rise, and the combination of the two is giving us vastly increased events.” The area could reach what the report deems a tipping point in 2033. In the decade before then, the researchers suggest, St. Petersburg will see high-tide flooding about 6 days a year. In the decade after, that number could reach 67 days of tidal flooding in one year."

Viker

Häxan
I'm so glad I bought a house on a hill in a region hundreds of feet above sea level.

I've never visited Venice. :(
But at least I've been to New Orleans.