• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Invitation to a Banquet

Heyo

Veteran Member
In 2009 Stephen Hawking threw a cocktail party for time travellers but nobody came. It might have had something to do with the fact that he send out the invitations after the event.

I'm planning to have a banquet next year so this time the invitation is sent out well before the event.
Everyone who wants to participate has to pay one Dollar for my expenses and to pledge $100 as I'm going to give away a big price for everyone who shows up. (So you only have to pay the $100 if I'm not alone that evening.) You can also pay and pledge if you don't want to partake but you are interested in the outcome of the event.

The catch: I'm not revealing the date or the location. That shouldn't hinder people with precognition, divine revelation or the ability to read (my) mind.

Who would be willing to partake?
(And who would be willing to help me set this up and make it more public that just on RF?)

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
You can also pay and pledge if you don't want to partake but you are interested in the outcome of the event.

It'll be on 15 March 2023, no?

I'm only interested in the outcome of the event. Here's 5000 KRW. It's currently worth 3.91 USD, so please give me 3720.62 KRW in change.

IMG_20220514_181338.jpg

Heyo

Veteran Member
It'll be on 15 March 2023, no?
It will be on the least rational day possible. That way I know it hasn't been determined rationally by past experiences with me.
I'm only interested in the outcome of the event. Here's 5000 KRW. It's currently worth 3.91 USD, so please give me 3720.62 KRW in change.
Your pledge has been registered.

MikeF

Premium Member
It will be on the least rational day possible. That way I know it hasn't been determined rationally by past experiences with me.

Your pledge has been registered.

How does one determine the least rational day possible? Just curious. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have just over a million Italian lira that i forgot about when they went euro. Only found when moving house and no longer accepted in exchange.

Will that be sufficient?

Or do i use it to wallpaper our office?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In 2009 Stephen Hawking threw a cocktail party for time travellers but nobody came. It might have had something to do with the fact that he send out the invitations after the event.

I'm planning to have a banquet next year so this time the invitation is sent out well before the event.
Everyone who wants to participate has to pay one Dollar for my expenses and to pledge $100 as I'm going to give away a big price for everyone who shows up. (So you only have to pay the $100 if I'm not alone that evening.) You can also pay and pledge if you don't want to partake but you are interested in the outcome of the event.

The catch: I'm not revealing the date or the location. That shouldn't hinder people with precognition, divine revelation or the ability to read (my) mind.

(And who would be willing to help me set this up and make it more public that just on RF?)
Count me in! I suggest February 29th, 2023!! I've already sent you the $1 though the new conglomerate of Fed Ex and UPS... their new name FED-UP. :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have just over a million Italian lira that i forgot about when they went euro. Only found when moving house and no longer accepted in exchange.

Will that be sufficient?

Or do i use it to wallpaper our office?
That converts to about 3 euros at the few sites that will even bother to convert them. Sounds like you have some bargain priced wallpaper if it is enough to do your office.

1000 ITL to EUR Converter | Italian Lira to Euro Calculator | DigitalCoinPrice

I certainly hope it is. My calendar is wide open then!

Just realised it would have to be Octadi the 18th of Thermidor. Octadi the 20th would be very irrational indeed :oops:

I can't make it as I'm on holiday until Duodi the 2nd of Fructidore

MikeF

Premium Member
Just realised it would have to be Octadi the 18th of Thermidor. Octadi the 20th would be very irrational indeed :oops:

I can't make it as I'm on holiday until Duodi the 2nd of Fructidore

You'll be missed!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

You could make it like a celebrity roast, except the roastee would be a member of RF.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Let me in on the results!