• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intuition and answered prayers

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have strong intuition but never really thought it was a thing 'till I saw books on it. I hear testimonies of answered prayers and it sounds like the more people are connected to spiritual faiths, the higher their intuition and awareness; thus, the closer they get to the foundations of their spirit-ual (or however one prefers to call it; context focused) faith abrahamic and not.

Do you guys have strong intuition? Doesn't need to be connected to god. Strong I mean a bit more often than once a week or every other month.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have strong intuition but never really thought it was a thing 'till I saw books on it. I hear testimonies of answered prayers and it sounds like the more people are connected to spiritual faiths, the higher their intuition and awareness; thus, the closer they get to the foundations of their spirit-ual (or however one prefers to call it; context focused) faith abrahamic and not.

Do you guys have strong intuition? Doesn't need to be connected to god. Strong I mean a bit more often than once a week or every other month.
Yes i do have stronger intuition, the problem lately is that i have not listen to it, and it made me do some wrong decisions in my life. So actually your OP resparked my thought of going back to using my intuition more, and to listen to the advice i picking up :)
And yes my intuition do belong in the spiritual section too :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes i do have stronger intuition, the problem lately is that i have not listen to it, and it made me do some wrong decisions in my life. So actually your OP resparked my thought of going back to using my intuition more, and to listen to the advice i picking up :)
And yes my intuition do belong in the spiritual section too :)

Thanks. I appreciate the comment.

I usually get small ones daily and I just shrug. Sometimes I say thank you and other times I say that's weird. A lot of times I'd attribute it to my deceased aunt and grandmother. I went to a spiritual workshop at my church half a year ago and afterwards, we all felt a since of awe and connection. Made everything seem "right." It last for the night.

I figure we can strengthen our intuition-some say connection with god, consciousness, or so have you-though for the non-religious it's a wide playing ground.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thanks. I appreciate the comment.

I usually get small ones daily and I just shrug. Sometimes I say thank you and other times I say that's weird. A lot of times I'd attribute it to my deceased aunt and grandmother. I went to a spiritual workshop at my church half a year ago and afterwards, we all felt a since of awe and connection. Made everything seem "right." It last for the night.

I figure we can strengthen our intuition-some say connection with god, consciousness, or so have you-though for the non-religious it's a wide playing ground.
I am sure non-religious people can have a very strong intuition too :)

And from experience many years ago. using Tarot cards, Lenormand cards or oracle cards can help build stronger intuition. that is actually the first way I myself opened up my intuition. Then when I practiced a spiritual lifestyle it did become stronger.

Jedster

I am pretty sure that most people know a lot more than they care to admit to themselves, usually because they have been told by elders/leader etc how things really are.
Like being told how evil we are and are born sinners etc, at a young age.
Religions, in particular can be pernicious.

If more people believed in themselves more they could hear their own intuition and not borrow it from others, i.e no necessity to follow any path unless one is attracted to it as a way of living.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

There are basically two forms of thinking: reasoning and intuiting. While a religious person can engage reasoning in their faith, faith itself is in essence an intuition. Intuitions are a biologically passed on ability to judge social situations, like reading faces, judging tone of voice, discerning patterns, etc. Everything about religious practice hones intuition. This doesn't mean that every intuition is going to be correct. Just like people make mistakes in their reasoning (and I mean people make errors in reasoning a LOT). So it is a good idea to always have a little humility and know that one's intuitions could be mistaken.

Yes, my intuition is very strong, you might say gifted. But not as strong as, say, a mentalist. And of course, I'm much more limited in print.

BTW one mistake that intuition consistently makes is seeing patterns where none exist. You have to be very,very careful of not allowing this flaw to make you see "answered prayers."

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Do you guys have strong intuition?
Yup. I do.

Problem is: being wrong can be super embarrassing depending on the situation... o_O:rolleyes::eek:

Also... using it can be an invasion of privacy, if I intuit something personal about someone without them telling me, and they realize it, it's ... uhhhhh ... weird sometimes.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

It's there but I don't focus on it. I've discovered that the more you focus (think about) it, the less it comes, the less accurate it is. Analysis of it actually hinders it. So I just shrug ... meh.

It's similar of high performance athletes. They have to learn how to relax while running, while swimming,while concentrating. At first it would seem to be counterproductive, but with experience one discovers it's not at ll.

IndigoChild5559

Yup. I do.

Problem is: being wrong can be super embarrassing depending on the situation... o_O:rolleyes::eek:

Also... using it can be an invasion of privacy, if I intuit something personal about someone without them telling me, and they realize it, it's ... uhhhhh ... weird sometimes.
Yeah. You learn to keep your mouth shut, eh? :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I've never paid attention to quantity. I do try to pay attention to intuitive understanding especially after events prove that to be real intuition and not the fulminations of my lower mind.

IndigoChild5559

I've never paid attention to quantity. I do try to pay attention to intuitive understanding especially after events prove that to be real intuition and not the fulminations of my lower mind.
Actually, intuition is older than reasoning, therefore part of the "lower" mind. :)

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Ordinary thinking is very slow. Sometimes as slow as speech.
Those two hundred billion brain cells can think way faster than that.
The thoughts and the ‘me’ are superficial.
I think a lot of intuition is realisations coming from the unconscious mind as it joins the trillions of dots that make up our experience.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yup. I do.

Could you give an example?

I know my intuition is more spontaneous. It will reflect something I thought/acted on doing the day and if I don't act on it for whatever reason, a reflection of that thought/action would be the "answer" consequence/benefit to whatever it was I did, thought, or said. I was thinking of looking more into it but then I figure it would invalidate the spontaneity if that's in deed, the supposed nature of intuition.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It's there but I don't focus on it. I've discovered that the more you focus (think about) it, the less it comes, the less accurate it is. Analysis of it actually hinders it. So I just shrug ... meh.

It's similar of high performance athletes. They have to learn how to relax while running, while swimming,while concentrating. At first it would seem to be counterproductive, but with experience one discovers it's not at ll.

Hm. I notice for me it's more of a pinball thing. If I recognize it or think about it based on what I did, said, or thought, I don't see a consequence or benefit or even a message of whatever back. Can't figure how to explain it. It's a bit more than gut feeling, though.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What do you mean by fulminations of your lower mind?

I would think it be, how can I say, wrong to divide the two experiences?

Wouldn't the upper and lower mind be interrelated insofar they can't be differentiated between the two?

I think that's how we can appreciate the mundane things the same way as the spiritual. That way in our religions there isn't a limitation of knowledge and experience each religion provides in their own unique way.