• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introversion or the Journey Inward

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if the kingdom of heaven is within, can it be found without turning inward first?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's not introversion, but introspection. Introversion is being socially withdrawn, keeping to oneself, and such. Introspection is looking within.

I'll post my thoughts to your question a little later, as the answer is little involved. In short, yes, seeking externally can lead to one recognizing the inner landscapes. For instance, praying to God outside yourself, activates interior energies. But ultimately it has to be the inward path to find Truth within. Then that which is within and without are harmonized and become extensions of each other.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
No, good householder, it can not be found without leaving the world behind at first place. One needs to leave "home", ones senses, to reach the higher realms of the Brahmas, i.e. at least the first Jhana.

To reach such purification of one virtue is needed a basic training, which assists one in learning not to take on sensual impulses in harmful and not given way. As for being able to turn rightly inwardly, the practice of eight Silas is necessary.

A perfect day, this full moon Uposatha, to start such a journey and take refuge and Silas for it. Much success with blessed own choices.

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, good householder, it can not be found without leaving the world behind at first place. One needs to leave "home", ones senses, to reach the higher realms of the Brahmas, i.e. at least the first Jhana.

To reach such purification of one virtue is needed and basic training, which assists one in learning not to take on sensual impulses in harmful and not given way.
Unless you practice a tantric path.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
Unless you practice a tantric path.
Who says such, with founded authority, householder Windwalker? Even the OP starter, possible not so informed, realiced the nature of the Kings-heaven. One may reach some heavens in the sensual realms, if not falling into hell inbetween with such practice.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Who says such, with founded authority, householder Windwalker? Even the OP starter, possible not so informed, realiced the nature of the Kings-heaven. One may reach some heavens in the sensual realms, if not falling into hell inbetween with such practice.
even in hell there I AM.

light impressed with love. the darkness is as light to love.

unconditional love is not a respecter of forms

The Buddha said, “Those who rejoice in seeing others observe the Way will obtain great blessing.” A Sramana asked the Buddha, “Would this blessing be destroyed?” The Buddha replied, “It is like a lighted torch whose flame can be distributed to ever so many other torches which people may bring along; and therewith they will cook food and dispel darkness, while the original torch itself remains burning ever the same. It is even so with the bliss of the Way.”

such is the way of bliss, of love

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I see. Well, we have to look at it within its context. Now don't we? In what context was Christ saying this and who was his audience?

I AM christ and you are my audience. I AM buddha, krishna. oneness doesn't distinguish between this friend and that foe. i got my crown

:rolleyes:

listen to what the spirit says.

Revelation 14:2
And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It's not introversion, but introspection. Introversion is being socially withdrawn, keeping to oneself, and such. Introspection is looking within.

I'll post my thoughts to your question a little later, as the answer is little involved. In short, yes, seeking externally can lead to one recognizing the inner landscapes. For instance, praying to God outside yourself, activates interior energies. But ultimately it has to be the inward path to find Truth within. Then that which is within and without are harmonized and become extensions of each other.
we're talking about an involution of consciousness?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
What Christ actually stated was, "ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ θεοῦ ἐντὸς ὑμῶν ἐστίν." This is to say, "the Kingdom of God is in your midst."
This is correct. His audience was the poor and the outcast, he was telling them that the Kingdom of God was and is among them has a congregation of love and support doing the work of Holy Spirit that would later come to dwell in them at Pentecost.