• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intros to Luciferianism

EverChanging

I am looking for good introductory books on Luciferianism, particularly those that are more atheistic in their outlook. Anyone have any recommendations?

Kapalika

Premium Member
A lot of people swear by Michael Ford but his lack of proof reading in the one book of his I ever read turned me off from actually reading it.

Wikipedia or other such resources probably have some good starting points. I'm not sure if I can point towards anything specific, I more generalize from the mythology and various sources here and there.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Yeah I would avoid Ford. There actually aren't many good Luciferian authors out there sadly.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
A lot of people swear by Michael Ford but his lack of proof reading in the one book of his I ever read turned me off from actually reading it.

Yeah, when I was looking into Luciferianism, I was told Ford not only had a bad way with words, he actually poorly researched and even plagiarized some material. I read a sample of a couple of his books and he did not seem to be remarkably intelligent or informed. Not really a good candidate for research. Hard to read and not very reliable.

@EverChanging :

Lucian Black has good reviews on Amazon but I haven't read any of his books myself. Might be worth looking into, but maybe ask around.

Asenath Mason has a couple of good books on Luciferian magic, focusing on dragons. Not much on the philosophy, though.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I don't think Lucian Black is completely non-theistic. (More agnostic, imo.) He's Hermetic, a Freemason, and a friend to my Order.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I don't think Lucian Black is completely non-theistic. (More agnostic, imo.) He's Hermetic, a Freemason, and a friend to my Order.

It seems if you hang out long enough in any occult scene you're gonna make personal contact with the names in it or at least contact with someone in direct contact.

I wonder if that says more how small our groups are or more how open they are. It's like in a world where the imagery is popular almost no one is serious about it.

crossfire

Premium Member
It seems if you hang out long enough in any occult scene you're gonna make personal contact with the names in it or at least contact with someone in direct contact.

I wonder if that says more how small our groups are or more how open they are. It's like in a world where the imagery is popular almost no one is serious about it.
Sounds like "The Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon."

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Despite some of his early works suffering from lack of editing, Michael W Ford is IMO THE authority on Luciferianism and Luciferian Magic. In order to comprehend the depth of this philosophy and practice one cannot and should not avoid his work.

crossfire

Premium Member
Despite some of his early works suffering from lack of editing, Michael W Ford is IMO THE authority on Luciferianism and Luciferian Magic. In order to comprehend the depth of this philosophy and practice one cannot and should not avoid his work.
I couldn't even finish The Wisdom of Eosphoros; it was so disjointed.