• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introduction to Sikhism?

Hello everyone :)
I am completely ignorant about Sikhism. As someone who has never studied this religion before, can you please recommend some websites to go to, or any good books?
And also, what is Sikhism about anyways? All I know is that it is monotheistic and has I believe ten gurus. Can someone please give me the basics? thank you :)

xkatz

Hello everyone :)
I am completely ignorant about Sikhism. As someone who has never studied this religion before, can you please recommend some websites to go to, or any good books?
And also, what is Sikhism about anyways? All I know is that it is monotheistic and has I believe ten gurus. Can someone please give me the basics? thank you :)

Sat sri akal/Shalom/Salaam,

I would look here on RF for info on Sikhism, the Wikipedia entry on Sikhism, and Sikhnet. I was a Sikh for a brief time myself, and I may consider going back to it again at a later time; so feel free to PM me if you want.

Sikhism is about being a righteous person, and being devote to Waheguru/G-d. There teachings are based on the 10 gurus. What is interesting about Sikhism IMO is that while it is a distinct faith, it is in a way, interfaith to an extent. Guru Nanak's most famous quote is, "There is no Hindu. There is no Muslim". Sikhs also welcome anyone to their temples and are very nice. Their scripture is the Guru Granth Sahib, which was written by the Gurus as well as Hindu and Sufi saints. As to, G-d, Sikhs are monotheists as I said already, but G-d in Sikhism could technically be pantheistic as well. I don't want to go too much into it so hopefully GURSIKH will come on and help me with your question :D

Last edited:

GURSIKH

chardi kla
hi Bowingtogod ,

Introduction to Sikhi ;)

“ There is one supreme eternal reality; the truth; immanent in all ; creator of all ; immanent in creation. Without fear and without hatred; not subject to time; beyond birth and death; self-revealing. Known by the Guru’s grace.

Chant And Meditate:

True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.
True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1|| "

Mool Mantra very first Hymn of Guru Granth Sahib

Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Last edited: