• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introduction to Satanism

Satanica

Satanism is a modern representation of a philosophical understanding of the world which is in no way new to humanity. It is, at its core, a philosophy which puts the individual at the center of one’s attention. It is a philosophy which champions the carnal instead of seeing the material world as lowly in contrast to the spiritual realms. In fact, it often promotes these realms as intrinsically connected rather than entirely separate. It should be stated that Satanism is rarely actual Devil worship. Satanists don’t believe in the biblical ‘Satan.’ Rather, the term ‘Satan’ is used to symbolize the ideas and forces of nature which are inherent to our understandings of the universe. For Spiritual Satanists, it is also used to refer to a pre-biblical entity which champions these understandings.

Read the full article here: Introduction to Satanism

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
It should be stated that Satanism is rarely actual Devil worship. Satanists don’t believe in the biblical ‘Satan.’ Rather, the term ‘Satan’ is used to symbolize the ideas and forces of nature which are inherent to our understandings of the universe.
This may be true for atheistic Satanism, but you posted this in the theistic Satanism DIR. For those who follow theistic Satanism, Satan is ineed seen as a real, sentient being, not just a symbol.

Satanica

This may be true for atheistic Satanism, but you posted this in the theistic Satanism DIR. For those who follow theistic Satanism, Satan is ineed seen as a real, sentient being, not just a symbol.
Read on - it includes a theistic perspective. This excerpt is only part of the article, which was indeed written by a theistic satanist.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Read on - it includes a theistic perspective. This excerpt is only part of the article, which was indeed written by a theistic satanist.
Maybe so, but the atheistic side is the only one in your OP, when really a definition of atheistic Satanism has no place in the theistic Satanism DIR at all. That's like posting a definition of Protestantism in the Catholic DIR, it's just not the right place. I'm not saying this to harsh on your post, but instead to point out that we need to be mindful about making sure that what we post is relevant to the section we post it in.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I define "Theistic Satanism" as the consistent worship of Infernal/ cthonic deities through one's spiritual-religious system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I'm not tempted by the click-bait. Secondly, the post is just against the rules. If you are not a theistic of any sort you are unable to post here outside of questions. Theistic Satanism is pretty broad (there are plenty of spiritual characters that are associated with the name), but it has nothing to do with the ramblings of LaVey. Nothing at all.

Lastly, there are zero "newbies" around besides you... At least, as the score has been kept. :p

CaligulaLUX

I'm not tempted by the click-bait. Secondly, the post is just against the rules. If you are not a theistic of any sort you are unable to post here outside of questions. Theistic Satanism is pretty broad (there are plenty of spiritual characters that are associated with the name), but it has nothing to do with the ramblings of LaVey. Nothing at all.

Lastly, there are zero "newbies" around besides you... At least, as the score has been kept. :p

I so agree with you, Mindmaster. I am a Traditional, Spiritual, Theistic Satanist. I am new but this is my conclusion of myself after much thought, research and prayer. I love the prayer books by VenusSatanas and Marie Ravensoul and also the introduction to Theistic Satanism by Brother Nero. All excellent books, especially the third one. I really enjoy offering prayers to praise & honor Satan. I offer them in front of my recently bought statue of Baphomet. Do any of you have one, too? I live in London. Any covens in London for Theistic Satanists? Ave Satanas!

GoodbyeDave

You'd think that there'd be something in London, but a duckduckgo search only came up with pseudo-Satinists, evangelical scare stories ("Satanic ritual abuse in Hampstead"), and "Buy Satanic clothing at Amazon".