• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introducing myself (and a question)

Books&Tea

Hello all,

My name is Angel and I am a 27-year-old professor, PhD student, and aspiring writer. I was raised Catholic but became agnostic early on in life. I always believed in a higher power but did not want to subscribe to any one religious doctrine. That all changed when I started learning about Judaism.

I have many questions concerning God, religious faith, and philosophy. As such, I found myself drawn to this forum. I hope to learn from all of you. I will mostly be posting in the Judaism forum, however I will probably be perusing the other forums as well since I enjoy learning about different faiths.

As for my question, I am wondering why I am unable to post in the Judaism forum. It says I do not have sufficient privileges. Is this due to the fact that I am a new member? I checked off the "abrahamic religions" option in my profile settings.

Thank you!

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Hello all,

My name is Angel and I am a 27-year-old professor, PhD student, and aspiring writer. I was raised Catholic but became agnostic early on in life. I always believed in a higher power but did not want to subscribe to any one religious doctrine. That all changed when I started learning about Judaism.

I have many questions concerning God, religious faith, and philosophy. As such, I found myself drawn to this forum. I hope to learn from all of you. I will mostly be posting in the Judaism forum, however I will probably be perusing the other forums as well since I enjoy learning about different faiths.

As for my question, I am wondering why I am unable to post in the Judaism forum. It says I do not have sufficient privileges. Is this due to the fact that I am a new member? I checked off the "abrahamic religions" option in my profile settings.

Thank you!

They say it can take up to an hour for the process to complete.

Welcome to the forum.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello and welcome! :) If you go to your user settings in your profile, you can select a DIR which you wish to identify.
And as RabbiO said, it can take an hour or two for the process to be finished. :)

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Hello all,

Thank you!
Welcome. Yeah, just try again in an hour or so.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
I can't tell you anything about God.
But I can offer you....
79bf70d60d6aef4290d3697836f1f8fd.jpg

Salivation instead of salvation!

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Hello and welcome! :) If you go to your user settings in your profile, you can select a DIR which you wish to identify.
And as RabbiO said, it can take an hour or two for the process to be finished. :)

I can't find that. Where exactly is it? Thanks.

Can you choose several? Such as Heathen and Paganism and Agnosticism?

Tabu

Hello all,

Thank you!
Hello , and Welcome to RF.
Hope you find much of what you are looking for on RF.

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
Hello all,

Thank you!

Welcome :)

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Shalom and welcome to RF. I hope you can convert one day.