• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intro... brand new member!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Salamoalaykom,

New Muslim here. You can call me Ghazaly. I like debating. What's up?

Any Muslims out here?
Any anti-Muslims?
Anything I need to know about this Forum?
Any tips?

Wa 'alaykum assalaam. Eid Mubarak!

I'm an ex-Muslim, but I'm not really anti-Islam anymore. I believe the religion, like almost any other religion in the world, is too diverse in its sects and various interpretations for blanket opposition to it to be reasonable or productive. Instead, I believe in endorsing progressive sects and interpretations and supporting attempts to reform ones that aren't.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi @Ghazaly !

I'm not a Muslim, but I like most everybody(unless they're deliberately mean).

Any questions you have on how to use the forum can probably be answered here: RF Rules

Overall, we're a diverse bunch, and you'll find a wide range and opinions and worldviews.

Jump in and have fun!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Em hotep!

Enjoy your stay and I hope you make friends.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Join us for snacks & lively discussions about religion in the staff cafeteria....
200.gif

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Debate here is defined to be any conversation in which one person corrects another, tries to show them where they are incorrect etc.

Non-debate is any conversation in which people do not correct each other and merely state what they think about issues, not about what other people on the forum think.

Debate must only happen in areas specially marked for debate, because that makes moderation easier.

Accessing your dir, the Islam dir, requires changing a setting in your account settings -- adding a check to the 'Abrahamic' box then waiting for about an hour. Until then you will not be able to post in the Islam dir.

'Dir' is short for directory'Dir' is short for 'Discuss Individual Religions' and it refers to an exclusive section of the forums. A Dir is a section of the forums exclusively for the use of people who belong to the designated religions or other groups For example only Christians may post in the Christian dir.

Last edited:

Ghazaly

Wa 'alaykum assalaam. Eid Mubarak!

I'm an ex-Muslim, but I'm not really anti-Islam anymore. I believe the religion, like almost any other religion in the world, is too diverse in its sects and various interpretations for blanket opposition to it to be reasonable or productive. Instead, I believe in endorsing progressive sects and interpretations and supporting attempts to reform ones that aren't.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

- What made you apostatize? What kind of interpretations or reforms do you support? Which sets are you referring to?

Thanks!

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome!

For a moment, your profile pic reminded me of Maimonides:

rambam-maimonide-2507.jpg