• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intriguing foodstuffs!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What would you say is a food that you think the first person to make it was a genius?

I wouldn't say genius, because I don't know, but I was eating straight banana peppers today, and I thought the first person to invent the embalming fluid that gives them that flavor was pretty cool, and I would dance at his/her wedding! :D

Whoever converted the first cucumbers into pickles was an interesting fella, and I wonder if they pickled something other than cucumbers at first?

I saw pickled eggs in embalming fluid for sale at Walmart the other day, and my question is, do you think I should try them?

I like dill pickles and the juice, but I think I would like to try a pickled egg b4 buying a jar of them, because they only come in a large jar I noticed!

Pickled spicy carrots and asparagus are nice! Eggs just strike me as possibly tasting a bit rancid when sitting in such fluid for ages.

Let me know what food leaves you with the impression of interesting, or the first person who tried tried it being heroic, intriguing, or clever!

I think I read tea as a drink was discovered by accident, but still, some one had to be the first to drink that and coffee, and look at how much people depend on those products to function well in the morning these days! Whoever discovered tea and coffee had destiny to change the world!

First person to make cheese is interesting too, as well as the first homo Sapien to drink milk that wasn't from a human. :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You should totally try the pickled eggs!

Bread. How the heck did people come up with an idea to ground stuff into powder, mix it into a mush, coax it to rise somehow, and then bake it?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
front_fr.20.400.jpg

Who would think that 5 types of coffee plus coffee beans would be so wonderful, such a taste sensation as coffee ice cream.

Or how about snail poridge?
And bacon and egg ice cream cooked in liquid nitrogen?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you make your own bread some times? I never have!

I do! I love baking bread. Some is easier than others... if you ever want to try, I'd start with Irish soda bread. It has few ingredients, and is fairly forgiving. Its filling and has a unique flavor, too.

@JustGeorge
I had a closer look at your avatar, and it dawned on me, the absurdity of claim so many religious people have of Hinduism being demonic! :)

Seriously! There is nothing demonic about dear Sita at all. (That's who is in my avatar; Sita, with her twins Kusa and Lava.) Sita is the wife of Rama, who... well, its a long story(the Ramayana, to be exact), but she really went through some terrible ordeals.

Yes, you're right. Spring Navaratri(Chaitra Navaratri) starts for us on April 1st(it starts the 2nd on other parts of the world).

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I do! I love baking bread. Some is easier than others... if you ever want to try, I'd start with Irish soda bread. It has few ingredients, and is fairly forgiving. Its filling and has a unique flavor, too.

Seriously! There is nothing demonic about dear Sita at all. (That's who is in my avatar; Sita, with her twins Kusa and Lava.) Sita is the wife of Rama, who... well, its a long story(the Ramayana, to be exact), but she really went through some terrible ordeals.

Yes, you're right. Spring Navaratri(Chaitra Navaratri) starts for us on April 1st(it starts the 2nd on other parts of the world).
I've prayed to Lord Rama before.

One of the RF members here invoked his powerful name for me over 1,000 times before I plead guilty on 2-22-2022 at court. I got out of more jail time. The prosecutor initially wanted me to have 6 months, and my attorney got him to agree to " time served."

Is Sita mother of the Twins? I live in the "Twin Cities"! The baseball team here is called "Twins", and it was an account where people called me TC, that lead me to a city , where people where TC hats and shirts. TC is the logo for "the Twin Cities Twins".

I'm fond of the Twins who founded Rome too.

Sita looks like very precious in the painting.

Is she a Prehistoric Divinity?

Is she like a Spiritual mother to the devotees who pray to her? :)

Is Navaratri pronounced like it's spelled?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've eaten an entire cantaloupe the way most people eat an apple. No knife, no cutting, just one bite at a time, no spitting out skin.

I was on something though.

@JustGeorge, does that sound like something Ares might do?

I had nothing to eat, was homeless, so my whole meal was one cantaloupe in a single sitting, in the morning, outside of Lunds. It was quite filling. :)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I want to meet the guy who invented the coffee that comes from cat poop.

Or maybe I don’t want to meet that guy.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I've prayed to Lord Rama before.

One of the RF members here invoked his powerful name for me over 1,000 times before I plead guilty on 2-22-2022 at court. I got out of more jail time. The prosecutor initially wanted me to have 6 months, and my attorney got him to agree to " time served."

Is Sita mother of the Twins? I live in the "Twin Cities"! The baseball team here is called "Twins", and it was an account where people called me TC, that lead me to a city , where people where TC hats and shirts. TC is the logo for "the Twin Cities Twins".

I'm fond of the Twins who founded Rome too.

Sita looks like very precious in the painting.

Is she a Prehistoric Divinity?

Is she like a Spiritual mother to the devotees who pray to her? :)

Is Navaratri pronounced like it's spelled?

Sita is an incarnation of Lakshmi, who appeared out of the earth as a baby in her father's field. She is literally a child of Mother Earth. She is married to Rama when she is older, and when Rama is exiled, she follows him into the forest. Her, Rama, and his brother Lakshmana live peacefully there until one day the two men are tricked into leaving her alone by an asura named Ravana, and he kidnaps her. Because of a past curse on him, he is unable to force himself on her, but keeps her in his kingdom, promising her that if she doesn't choose to come to him willingly within a year's time, he will eat her for his breakfast!

Meanwhile, of course, Rama and Lakshmana attempt to find and rescue her. They are aided by a group of monkeys(this is where Hanuman comes in, if you've ever heard of him). Hanuman locates her, but she does not go with him; she wants to go only with Rama. Long story short, Rama does rescue her and they all return to their kingdom, exile having been served.

Happily ever after, right? Wrong. . All is well for awhile, until the the people of Ayodhya, the place which Rama rules, begin to talk. All rumors involving "How could Sita resist the handsome Ravana? I am sure she was unfaithful to Rama." While Rama himself didn't necessarily believe this, it wasn't suitable for a good king to have a wife in which the public scorned. So, he had his brother trick her into going away from the city, down a river in a boat. Lakshmana leaves her at an ashram in the forest. So miserable is she that she is about to drown herself in the river, but she is seen by the sage Valmiki, who stops her, and takes her into his ashram.

It is discovered in time that she is pregnant, and the twins you see in the picture are born in the ashram. There they grow. Over time, Rama dwells on what he has done, always missing his wife. Years down the road, he sends for her, and she returns with the children. Still, the public talks. Sita declares that if she is pure, her Mother Earth will take her back this very instant! And... she does. The earth opens up and swallows dear Sita, refusing to subject her to humiliation anymore. And then Rama is left without her for good.

It doesn't seem Sita is widely worshiped. She does have a birthday celebration; two, actually. Its not that she has two birthdays, its that its celebrated on different days in different places. One was in February, and one is in May this year.

I think Navaratri is pronounced as its spelled. I'm a bad person to ask for pronunciation. I mispronounce a lot, because I don't have a lot of people to talk to about things that interest me out there in the real world, so I don't get to try all these fun words out.

I've eaten an entire cantaloupe the way most people eat an apple. No knife, no cutting, just one bite at a time, no spitting out skin.

I was on something though.

@JustGeorge, does that sound like something Ares might do?

I had nothing to eat, was homeless, so my whole meal was one cantaloupe in a single sitting, in the morning, outside of Lunds. It was quite filling. :)

No, Ares wouldn't do that, and he'd probably watch you with horror. But LeeAnder totally would... and then be horrified when he was informed he wasn't supposed to eat that.

I ate a mango with the peel the first time around... you live and learn.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sita is an incarnation of Lakshmi, who appeared out of the earth as a baby in her father's field. She is literally a child of Mother Earth. She is married to Rama when she is older, and when Rama is exiled, she follows him into the forest. Her, Rama, and his brother Lakshmana live peacefully there until one day the two men are tricked into leaving her alone by an asura named Ravana, and he kidnaps her. Because of a past curse on him, he is unable to force himself on her, but keeps her in his kingdom, promising her that if she doesn't choose to come to him willingly within a year's time, he will eat her for his breakfast!

Meanwhile, of course, Rama and Lakshmana attempt to find and rescue her. They are aided by a group of monkeys(this is where Hanuman comes in, if you've ever heard of him). Hanuman locates her, but she does not go with him; she wants to go only with Rama. Long story short, Rama does rescue her and they all return to their kingdom, exile having been served.

Happily ever after, right? Wrong. . All is well for awhile, until the the people of Ayodhya, the place which Rama rules, begin to talk. All rumors involving "How could Sita resist the handsome Ravana? I am sure she was unfaithful to Rama." While Rama himself didn't necessarily believe this, it wasn't suitable for a good king to have a wife in which the public scorned. So, he had his brother trick her into going away from the city, down a river in a boat. Lakshmana leaves her at an ashram in the forest. So miserable is she that she is about to drown herself in the river, but she is seen by the sage Valmiki, who stops her, and takes her into his ashram.

It is discovered in time that she is pregnant, and the twins you see in the picture are born in the ashram. There they grow. Over time, Rama dwells on what he has done, always missing his wife. Years down the road, he sends for her, and she returns with the children. Still, the public talks. Sita declares that if she is pure, her Mother Earth will take her back this very instant! And... she does. The earth opens up and swallows dear Sita, refusing to subject her to humiliation anymore. And then Rama is left without her for good.

It doesn't seem Sita is widely worshiped. She does have a birthday celebration; two, actually. Its not that she has two birthdays, its that its celebrated on different days in different places. One was in February, and one is in May this year.

I think Navaratri is pronounced as its spelled. I'm a bad person to ask for pronunciation. I mispronounce a lot, because I don't have a lot of people to talk to about things that interest me out there in the real world, so I don't get to try all these fun words out.

No, Ares wouldn't do that, and he'd probably watch you with horror. But LeeAnder totally would... and then be horrified when he was informed he wasn't supposed to eat that.

I ate a mango with the peel the first time around... you live and learn.
Thank you so much George! I truly love her! :heart:

Not sure why it took me a while to read your post.