• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing God

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Up to you, i really couldn't care less. When several dating methods agree the artifacts are between 8 and 10 thousand years olrd then there is only answer. And a young earth is not it.
Again -- I am not a "young earther." So that wouldn't apply to the way I look at things. Have a good one.

YoursTrue

Well according you some , your god created us... Everyone... Interesting that gets his oppos to murderband rape his failures.

A woman raken against her will after watching her family massacred and forced to marry the one who killed her loved ones is not a willing wife.

And you can bull all you want go gloss over the horror of it it is still a horror
So let's say for the sake of argument (or rather discussion?) that God had nothing to do with a woman watching her family massacred. Actually, though, He permitted it. But you don't believe in God anyway, so it's obvious that humans were responsible, right? Not a real good testament for 'mankind,' is it?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So let's say for the sake of argument (or rather discussion?) that God had nothing to do with a woman watching her family massacred. Actually, though, He permitted it. But you don't believe in God anyway, so it's obvious that humans were responsible, right? Not a real good testament for 'mankind,' is it?

So the bible is wrong.

ChristineM

Premium Member
MAN's long history has proven that it is MAN who dominates MAN to MAN's hurt, MAN's injury - Ecclesiastes 8:9

To marry after a month of mourning is Not rape - Deuteronomy 21:13

I think its amazing how people can excuse their god for his products. One doesn't give car manufacturers the same leeway when something goes wrong

To be forced to marry and then screwed is rape

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think its amazing how people can excuse their god for his products. One does give car manufacturers the same leeway when something goes wrong.........

A car manufacturer's warranty comes with requirements and people accept them.
If something goes wrong the manufacturer will take care of you.
However, the requirement is that you keep up your obligation in those requirements.
If you never change the oil the manufacturer is Not responsible for what goes wrong.
God told what the warranty was at Genesis 2:17.
The warranty requirement was don't eat the forbidden fruit.
Adam and Eve chose to ignore the warranty requirement.
Adam's choice was to turn away, turn aside from the warranty and go out on his own.
Thus, by turning away from the Divine Warranty Adam was accepting the choice to sin.
Adam's viewpoint would now be that Adam would be the one responsible for what happens.
Today's international news gives us the man-made answer.- Ecclesiastes 8:9

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
??? Edited
It's simple. Satan implied to Eve she would Not die ( Like a shifty used-car salesman would lie about a car )
Implying Eve did Not need God (The Manufacturer) and she would Not die if she did Not keep up the warranty.
Implying that Eve would be better off driving as her own goddess in choosing directions.
By God allowing sufficient time for the ' human experience ' to take place would reveal the truth about living life outside of God's Warranty, His righteous requirements such as found at John 13:34-35.
Today's international news should cause some to wonder about the validity of what Satan claimed - Genesis 3:4

YoursTrue

So the bible is wrong.
It is understood that there are times God backed the Israelites, and times He did not but allowed the nations around them to hurt them. Interestingly, Jesus gave the following commandments to the Israelites. I realize you don't like God, but then -- the equation is, in part, to love your neighbor as yourself.
Mark 12:30,31 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this:
‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”
I'm not going to convince you. I am sure I can't. I am glad that I found God, and He found me. :) Or allowed me to "find Him." Very glad. I know you question that, and that's the way it is.

YoursTrue

I think its amazing how people can excuse their god for his products. One doesn't give car manufacturers the same leeway when something goes wrong

To be forced to marry and then screwed is rape
Sadly to say, it happens in this present world a lot. Now it is said that the U.S. is going to raise the debt ceiling again. So the question is: do you think mankind is capable of solving its own problems? And more importantly pertaining to the above, how do you think the world situation can be rectified?

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's simple. Satan implied to Eve she would Not die ( Like a shifty used-car salesman would lie about a car )
Implying Eve did Not need God (The Manufacturer) and she would Not die if she did Not keep up the warranty.
Implying that Eve would be better off driving as her own goddess in choosing directions.
By God allowing sufficient time for the ' human experience ' to take place would reveal the truth about living life outside of God's Warranty, His righteous requirements such as found at John 13:34-35.
Today's international news should cause some to wonder about the validity of what Satan claimed - Genesis 3:4

Magic. And funnily enough humans have 4 or 5 timrs the lifespan as people in those days

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sadly to say, it happens in this present world a lot. Now it is said that the U.S. is going to raise the debt ceiling again. So the question is: do you think mankind is capable of solving its own problems? And more importantly pertaining to the above, how do you think the world situation can be rectified?

No, we can't solve the problems, one person or a group of people just to not jave the ability to solve worldwide problems and wishful thinking isn't going to make it all go away.

I'd say, "this is the only life you have, don't wastevit dreaming about an afterlife" if everyone realised this then perhaps some of the problems can be eased but not the big picture

YoursTrue

It is said in the bible that JC said that, there is no action proof for it. I have a completely different view of Jesus,
On a way I can understand that, since so many so-called Christians kill one another, etc.

YoursTrue

No, we can't solve the problems, one person or a group of people just to not jave the ability to solve worldwide problems and wishful thinking isn't going to make it all go away.

I'd say, "this is the only life you have, don't wastevit dreaming about an afterlife" if everyone realised this then perhaps some of the problems can be eased but not the big picture
I don't live for an "afterlife." I will tell you this, however ... Because of my study and faith I am no longer doing many things I used to do...like smoking, for one. And I am happy to know that God promises new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness is to dwell. Revelation 21:1-5. This knowledge helps me to avoid illegal drugs for one thing. I am no longer confused as to this world and am happy knowing what the future will bring.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't live for an "afterlife." I will tell you this, however ... Because of my study and faith I am no longer doing many things I used to do...like smoking, for one. And I am happy to know that God promises new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness is to dwell. Revelation 21:1-5. This knowledge helps me to avoid illegal drugs for one thing. I am no longer confused as to this world and am happy knowing what the future will bring.

I never smoked nor have i used illegal drugs, no god needed.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I know what I'm about to say isn't something you believe in, but I wanted to respond to your post. Over the years, I have met some people who were worried about their own afterlife or the afterlife of their deceased loved ones. I wasn't always able to communicate with their loved ones, but I tried to console and counsel them about the spirit world and what could happen to them after death. My point is that many people are concerned about dying and what happens after death. It worries them because they're uncertain about it. Based on my personal experiences over the years, I believe the Bible's teaching about the afterlife is inaccurate and misleading.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Magic. And funnily enough humans have 4 or 5 timrs the lifespan as people in those days
At the time of the writing at Psalms 90:10 we find that 70 to 80 years was the average life span.
At the time of fallen father Adam the life span was within a thousand years of age. Genesis chapter 5.
Adam living to 930 years and the oldest person on Bible record is Methuselah who lived to be 969 years old.
So, Adam and the rest of mankind before Noah could Not live past 1,000 years old.
They all died within that thousand-year day or time frame.
But during Jesus' coming thousand-year day instead of death there will be life, everlasting life forever on Earth.