• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing Debater Slayer

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't done one of these in a while, and some things have considerably changed for me in the last year. So ask away!

In general, how much closer are you to where you want to be and how much farther away are you from where you don't want to be?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If I could choose, I would probably pick Australia, New Zealand, the UK, the Netherlands, or Canada--in that order. Failing that, just about any developed country would do, even if just as an intermediate point until I could move to a more suitable one.

We win again!!! Mwahahaha!!!!!

Errr....I mean...nice list.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
To avoid any potential confusion, in the U.S. pudding refers to a specific dish that's similar to mousse or custard. In the UK and commonwealth countries, "pudding" is a synonym for desert if I'm not mistaken.
But slightly different if 'pudding club' is mentioned. :oops:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
To avoid any potential confusion, in the U.S. pudding refers to a specific dish that's similar to mousse or custard. In the UK and commonwealth countries, "pudding" is a synonym for desert if I'm not mistaken.

There's also a somewhat cake like dessert with the same title.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What country do you live in? What do you like about it? Is there a country you would love to visit?

1) Egypt.

2) I like the hyper-extroversion of the culture, although it's not without its downsides. I also like that there's a considerable measure of spontaneity in the workplace and in general interactions. For instance, if you go to work 15 minutes late, you can explain that away in most cases by citing, say, a traffic jam or a faulty alarm. You won't get your professional head chopped off for it.

The weather is also quite nice, although I'm a bit biased because I can handle summers with 45°C (113°F) or hotter days quite easily. :D

There are other things; these are just a few off the top of my head.

3) I would like to visit many, many countries, perhaps starting with a tour of Asia where I'd visit Thailand, India, Vietnam, and others. It would be easier for me to think of countries I would not like to visit instead of ones I'd like to visit!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Since you are staff,, currently online here are... Total: 443 (members: 22, guests: 376, robots: 45)

Whats the deal with the robots?

Bots are often used for many reasons. Some scrape data (e.g., comments and posts) from the internet for the purpose of analysis, some send spam emails, some log the most popular keywords and search terms, etc. It's a vast area that is only growing bigger with the increasing popularity of artificial intelligence and machine learning.

I don't know what the purpose is of the bots that hover around RF, but I would guess at least some of them fall within the above categories.

This may be useful reading here:

What is a web crawler? | How web spiders work

If we make a poll and votes/choices are anonymous, can the staff see who voted for what choice?

No. It used to be that admins could see that info via the admin CP, but that hasn't been the case ever since the software change in 2014.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
In general, how much closer are you to where you want to be and how much farther away are you from where you don't want to be?

I would say much closer if only due to graduating college and getting conscription out of the way. Still a bit far if we go by the average required experience for many jobs abroad, though (three or more years, typically, although of course there are ones that require more and some that require less).

Hopefully not as far as the averages would indicate, though.