• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview with TheScholar

TheScholar

Scholar
Hey all,

I'm TheScholar, since I'm a new guy I think the best way for you guys to get to know me is to interview me. I will answer any question that doesn't put to much personal information on the internet.

I'm a classic scholar that studies history, religion and philosophy. I am a former Catholic that studied to be a priest, and after realizing flaws in Catholic doctrine, I had a crisis of faith that left me in the rank of the Agnostics. Within the last few weeks, I have refound my faith and emerged as a Pentecostal.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Hey all,

I'm TheScholar, since I'm a new guy I think the best way for you guys to get to know me is to interview me. I will answer any question that doesn't put to much personal information on the internet.

I'm a classic scholar that studies history, religion and philosophy. I am a former Catholic that studied to be a priest, and after realizing flaws in Catholic doctrine, I had a crisis of faith that left me in the rank of the Agnostics. Within the last few weeks, I have refound my faith and emerged as a Pentecostal.
After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

Why do irons have a setting for permanent press?

How can you tell when sour cream goes bad?

How much sin can I get away with and still go to heaven?

How young can you die of old age?

Can you be arrested for selling illegal-sized paper?

If the number 2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still number 2?

Where would we be without rhetorical questions?

TheScholar

Scholar
After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

In ancient times, wax tablets.

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

Wouldn't know, never slept with a girl. It's a religious thing.

Why do irons have a setting for permanent press?

No idea

How can you tell when sour cream goes bad?

It starts to get moldy.

How much sin can I get away with and still go to heaven?

How much can you confess and then repent for?

How young can you die of old age?

When can you apply for social security?

Can you be arrested for selling illegal-sized paper?

It's illegal in 38 states.

If the number 2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still number 2?

That's the grade of the graphite, not the grade of volume produced.

Where would we be without rhetorical questions?

We would be in a time and place where I didn't have to spend five minutes answering them.

Skwim

Veteran Member
In ancient times, wax tablets.

Wouldn't know, never slept with a girl. It's a religious thing.

No idea

It starts to get moldy.

How much can you confess and then repent for?

When can you apply for social security?

It's illegal in 38 states.

That's the grade of the graphite, not the grade of volume produced.*

We would be in a time and place where I didn't have to spend five minutes answering them.
Believe me, you're not under any obligation to answering anything here . . . . . . .as far as I know anyway. :shrug:

*Actually, it refers to the proportion of graphite to clay: the more clay the harder the pencil.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Scholar....You seem like a smart guy. Why Pentecostal?

Wikipedia says 'Like other forms of evangelical Protestantism, Pentecostalism adheres to the inerrancy of scripture and the necessity of accepting Christ as personal Lord and Savior.'.

Is this true? Is this true for you?

TheScholar

Scholar
Scholar....You seem like a smart guy. Why Pentecostal?

Wikipedia says 'Like other forms of evangelical Protestantism, Pentecostalism adheres to the inerrancy of scripture and the necessity of accepting Christ as personal Lord and Savior.'.

Is this true? Is this true for you?

I am a Classic Pentecostal.

There are several Pentecostal denominations and a number of independent practitioners and churches. The original Pentecostal Church was started by William Seymour. It was unique, because women were allowed to preach and lead. The congregation did not have racial or class boundaries, and it was a liberal church.

In the 1920s a group of Conservative Baptist Churches, which only resembled Pentecostalism in the way of speaking in tongues, pulled Baptist out of their name and shoved Pentecostal in its place. Since then there has been a large divide in the Pentecostal Denominations. Those guys are represented by the Holiness and United Denominations, I refuse to call them Pentecostal and in conversation, I still call them United and Holiness Baptists. Whenever you hear about a corrupt Pentecostal Pastor, 9 times out of 10, the pastor is from one of those to Conventions.

Check out the Foursquare Pentecostals.

I believe in the Big Bang, Evolution and the Power of Science. My father is an engineer and my professor said I had a natural gift for Biology.

Last edited:

TheScholar

Scholar
Briefly, what is your view of evolution, the Flood, birth control, and same-sex marriage?

The Flood - Take the Assault Rifle to them, especially when their swarming you in a large group. Seriously, the Flood is metaphoric and symbolic.

Birth Control is a no go unless its for a legitimate medical purposes, but I understand its not my place to judge.

Government has no business regulating marriage, it is not my place to judge and I wish them long, healthy and happy marriages. It is not my place to force my religion on anyone.

I believe in Evolution and the Big Bang.

Last edited: