• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview with Norwegian Satanist

Zephyr

Moved on
I'll be the dissenting voice and say that it wasn't all rediculous. Yes, he's a nutjob and crazy hardcore Satanism bugs me just as much as Christianity, but I do think that Europe needs to be reclaimed from the Christian invasion. However, that would also mean removing the Satanism with it. Church burnings are extreme and I don't condone them, but I'm not exactly troubled by them either.

In the end, he, or any other satanists shouldn't be talking about reclaiming Europe from the Christians.

Ulver

Zephyr said:
I'll be the dissenting voice and say that it wasn't all rediculous. Yes, he's a nutjob and crazy hardcore Satanism bugs me just as much as Christianity, but I do think that Europe needs to be reclaimed from the Christian invasion. However, that would also mean removing the Satanism with it. Church burnings are extreme and I don't condone them, but I'm not exactly troubled by them either.

In the end, he, or any other satanists shouldn't be talking about reclaiming Europe from the Christians.

This is not the case with all, but for most within the Black Metal scene (esp in Norway) Satanism is a system that is used in the opposition towards christianity. If that objective could be accomplished then they would all give up the notion of Satanism, many would retain the some of the ideas from it, but the symbols and such would mean far less to them. I don't think this can be fully done for even the Church was unable to destroy all of the pagan traditions, so it seems silly to say all roots of Judaic/Christian faith could be done with in Norway. As to what to do then, well fact is most of them already have an appreciation of their ancient heritege and Viking belief. In fact I've read interviews with "Gaahl" and he (views that he) practices and follows what he sees as the path of Odin. I'll try to see if I can find any online interviews that deal with that and link them. I do think you would of found the extra 30min documentary more interesting because it goes into more depth about the scene's relation to Viking Ancestory and the beliefs from it.

Ulver

Here's another clip from the documentary that someone on youtube posted, hopefully this doesn't vanish as quickly. This is the part of the mini-documentary that talks about Black Metal's connection to Norse Mythology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwCxMGzwb4c

note: might need to turn the volume up.

I wish I could post the rest, because this is only about 5 min. of the whole 30 min. mini-doc that the director added.

gnomon

Are they being serious or is it merely showmanship?

The interviews are much too short and lacking to place into context. And while the short interview with Ghaal has him coming across as ... ignorant ... the majority of U.S. "shock" musicians understand playing a role and the value it has for their business.

d.

_______
gnomon said:
Are they being serious or is it merely showmanship?

most black metal people aren't, but some are. there are some deeply unsettling stories which i won't go into here.