• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview With MaddLlama Discussion

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This thread is for discussing the extrarodinarily insightful interview with MaddLlama. Post your questions and comments on the interview here!

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Sunstone said:
This thread is for discussing the extrarodinarily insightful interview with MaddLlama. Post your questions and comments on the interview here!

Gah! I forgot that there were separate threads for this! I was wondering why my post was deleted.:sorry1:

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
My post that was in the wrong section. Again, sorry.

MaddLlama said:
And, of course my favorite episode of the show was the episode where GIR becomes the house and must go and retrieve the fast food tacos. It's one of the lines from the episodes that sends me into fits of giggles. And now, I have a t-shirt with the full line - "I love the little tacos, I love them good".

:biglaugh: My favorite part is when he freaks out because he can't find is mouth!

I have a fascination both with Japanese culture and language, and also the social habits of, well, everything. My interest in anime is what sparked my love for Japanese culture

Ooh! Me too! But I think you already knew that.;)

Japan, definately.

Ooh! Me too! But I think you already knew that.:D

I find the Japanese language to be very beautiful and expressive, sometimes to me moreso than english. It's a different way of expressing the way I feel and what I want to say.

I think I'd feel the same. I wish I knew even a little Japanese. I only know things here and there. How fluent are you?

And with the sociology studies, the comparison between modern and old within the discipline is fascinating, as in "why did/do we do that" sort of thing.

I'm not sure if it's any interest because it's psychiatry and not necessarily sociology, but I recently got a book called "Doctors of the Mind" through the passing of my grandparents. I tend to find that people who like sociology also enjoy psychology and psychiatry, so that's why I'm sharing. Anyway, it's about the old and new techniques of diagnosing patients and what the old and new techniques of treatment are. Being that it was my grandpa's book, it's actually dated in 1942. So, even the "modern" techniques are old. Anyway, I took a lot of space explaining that even though it probably wasn't necessary.

I do a little bit of fantasy writing, and some anime fanfiction. I'm not very good (or at least I don't think so). I've worked on some stories and I have a lot of ideas, but I've never actually finished anything. Too many ideas, not enough time, and my brain works faster than my fingers sometimes.

My brain works faster than my fingers many times too. Would you mind sharing any ideas you've had? If not here, how about privately?

Oh so I have to play favories now? Hmmm...
MidnightBlue
ZombieHarlot
FeathersInHair
Evereal
Jewscout

I chose these five because thier posts are always very insightful and intelligent, and they make me laugh. They are also five of the people who really helped make me feel at home and treated me like a friend, rather than just some random person like I get at other forums. And, if you'll notice I picked 5 people with different religious leanings - it's important to me to get different perspectives in that way. Of course being an atheist I pay attention to what MB has to say =)

You have no idea how giddy I became seeing my name here! I don't know how insightful, intelligent, or funny I am, but I definately try to be a friend. I often am intimidated by how young I am compared to a lot of the other members. I feel I have a lot to learn, but that's one reason why I'm here. So anyway, I take this as a great compliment. Thank you!

Phil, I'm married....I don't think in those squishie terms anymore.
To be serious, I think that it's partly true. When I fell in love it was like having a whole new outlook on life, but it was because I was with him, not because I saw things from his perspective.

"I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl who's still around the morning after."

But if Elliott Smith thinks it's true, it MUST be true!

The Harriman Outlets, because it's full of designer stuff and supposed to be cheaper, but really it's the same price and they never have what I want ;_;

There are too many places like this. That's why I can't wait until I'm well off enough to buy stuff straight out of Elle Magazine. Yes - I'm going to be rich someday.

I know this sounds really cliche but I don't have a stock answer for you.

Sometimes things are cliche because they've proven to be good answers through the test of time and relativity.;)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
zombieharlot said:
:biglaugh: My favorite part is when he freaks out because he can't find is mouth!
OMG yes that's so great!

I think I'd feel the same. I wish I knew even a little Japanese. I only know things here and there. How fluent are you?
Not too fluent. So far I've only been through the first level course. I have a general idea how to make sentences, but my vocabulary leaves a lot to be desired. =(

I'm not sure if it's any interest because it's psychiatry and not necessarily sociology, but I recently got a book called "Doctors of the Mind" through the passing of my grandparents. I tend to find that people who like sociology also enjoy psychology and psychiatry, so that's why I'm sharing. Anyway, it's about the old and new techniques of diagnosing patients and what the old and new techniques of treatment are. Being that it was my grandpa's book, it's actually dated in 1942. So, even the "modern" techniques are old. Anyway, I took a lot of space explaining that even though it probably wasn't necessary.
I think I'm probably the exception to the rule. I am so bad with psychology that it actually is funny. To watch me try to understand it, that is.

My brain works faster than my fingers many times too. Would you mind sharing any ideas you've had? If not here, how about privately?
Sure =) I'll send you a PM later on.

You have no idea how giddy I became seeing my name here! I don't know how insightful, intelligent, or funny I am, but I definately try to be a friend. I often am intimidated by how young I am compared to a lot of the other members. I feel I have a lot to learn, but that's one reason why I'm here. So anyway, I take this as a great compliment. Thank you!
I don't remember if you've ever told me how old you were (short term memory loss, press 9), but you can't be that much younger than me. :p
Besides, how many other people around here can talk about Invader Zim with me? lol
<3

"I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl who's still around the morning after."

But if Elliott Smith thinks it's true, it MUST be true!
He's kinda creepy lookin though....

There are too many places like this. That's why I can't wait until I'm well off enough to buy stuff straight out of Elle Magazine. Yes - I'm going to be rich someday.
Hehehe. I'm a bit of a designer whore myself. To the point where I won't buy anything from the Coach outlet in Harriman because they only have the matte leather styles instead of the signiture print.

Sometimes things are cliche because they've proven to be good answers through the test of time and relativity.;)
I like to be original. ;)

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
MaddLlama said:
Not too fluent. So far I've only been through the first level course. I have a general idea how to make sentences, but my vocabulary leaves a lot to be desired. =(

Well, it's still better than me. I only know random words like, "hime," "kawaii,"douitashima****e," and so on.

I think I'm probably the exception to the rule. I am so bad with psychology that it actually is funny. To watch me try to understand it, that is.

I would LOVE to watch you try and understand psychology!:D

Sure =) I'll send you a PM later on.

I'll hold you to that.

I don't remember if you've ever told me how old you were (short term memory loss, press 9), but you can't be that much younger than me.
Besides, how many other people around here can talk about Invader Zim with me? lol
<3

(pushes 9. Nothing happens. Hmm...is there a manual?)

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it. But I think I put it on my profile. I'm 14. No wait! I'm 17.:D

He's kinda creepy lookin though....

Well, not everyone can look as good as Mana does.

Hehehe. I'm a bit of a designer whore myself. To the point where I won't buy anything from the Coach outlet in Harriman because they only have the matte leather styles instead of the signiture print.

Heheh. I'm at the point where I just don't buy anything.

I like to be original. ;)

:p