• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview with Dr. Mary Schweitzer

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
For those of you that do not know Dr. Schweitzer is the person that discovered "soft-tissue" in a T-rex fossil. She is also a former YEC and she is still very much a Christian. You can hear some of the reasons that she changed her mind about evolution. By the way, she uses one of the same arguments that I have uses, God is not a deceiver.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Yah, that was something that never made sense to me either. My education growing up taught YEC, and the proposed hypotheses included things such as a giant ice canopy that covered the world. Seemed a little ridiculous to me then. Then again, so did evolution

I haven't been able to find anything about an ice canopy now. Apperently that hypothesis has been replaced by a water or vapor canopy. Still seems a bit fantastical for my tastes

The+Firmament+that+divides+the+Waters+from+the+Waters+%7Bcolor+black%7D.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
For those of you that do not know Dr. Schweitzer is the person that discovered "soft-tissue" in a T-rex fossil. She is also a former YEC and she is still very much a Christian. You can hear some of the reasons that she changed her mind about evolution. By the way, she uses one of the same arguments that I have uses, God is not a deceiver.
At least she's a real Dr of Paleontology.

Twilight Hue

Yah, that was something that never made sense to me either. My education growing up taught YEC, and the proposed hypotheses included things such as a giant ice canopy that covered the world. Seemed a little ridiculous to me then. Then again, so did evolution

I haven't been able to find anything about an ice canopy now. Apperently that hypothesis has been replaced by a water or vapor canopy. Still seems a bit fantastical for my tastes

That canopy farce is absolutely ridiculous.

Christians will believe anything to explain things.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
That canopy farce is absolutely ridiculous.

Christians will believe anything to explain things.

Yah... Science doesn't really seem much like science to me if you're just trying to stretch it to fit within the confines of strictly defined presuppositions

Twilight Hue

Yah... Science doesn't really seem much like science to me if you're just trying to stretch it to fit within the confines of strictly defined presuppositions
Especially when science put out the facts.

Like had there been a water canopy for sake of argument that helped create the Bible flood, Noah and his family would be boiled alive like lobsters. Lol.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

What did you not like about evolution? That is about the same as not liking gravity.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Evolution. Man says in science laws. As without laws his machine designs won't function he says.

Controlled reactions chosen by just humans. Who've studies huge reactive masses as histories. Evolution caused he quotes.

So you ask a man are you personally beyond the thought of your science?

Yes I'm not mass energy that evolved in space history.

Okay are you in control of evolution law expecting all energies in past to now by law re evolve your person and nature now. The law by purpose human what is evolution.

By laws evolution keeps changing biologies types?

Yes.

Yet you are the God scientist that causes it by removing huge natural energy masses in past laws. Stating I believe in the discussed law as a science evolution change to all biologies.

So your answer the past in science equals now?

Yes. Choices. Laws I exact and I'll use now myself.

Why humans pretending they are a God destroy all life on earth claiming it evolution.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Especially when science put out the facts.

Like had there been a water canopy for sake of argument that helped create the Bible flood, Noah and his family would be boiled alive like lobsters. Lol.

Well, only if you assume the modern boiling point of water is the same as the boiling point back then, and that people's heat tolerance is consistent since ancient history.

Which you can't prove because science can only deal with something, something that gives me an out when I make crap up.

So there.

Twilight Hue

Well, only if you assume the modern boiling point of water is the same as the boiling point back then, and that people's heat tolerance is consistent since ancient history.

Which you can't prove because science can only deal with something, something that gives me an out when I make crap up.

So there.

More than just temperature. Atmospheric pressures as well.

Quote by Paul Farrar..

First, let us look at atmospheric pressure. For the earth's atmosphere, the pressure is almost exactly hydrostatic, since it is held to the earth by gravity and velocities are too low to significantly change the pressure. In plain language this means that the air pressure at any point is equal to the weight of the air in a unit area column above that point. At sea level, air pressure in US engineering units is about 14.5 pounds/sq inch because a column of air one inch square extending to the top of the atmosphere weighs (Guess what!?) 14.5 pounds. On top of Mt. Everest, the pressure is lower because the lowest and densest 9km of the atmosphere is below that point.

Now the "vapor canopy" would form a part of the atmosphere, being a body of gas (water vapor) gravitationally held to the earth. It would in fact be most of the pre-flood atmosphere. There would have to be enough vapor to form 9km of liquid, when condensed, and, therefore the vapor would weigh as much as 9km of water. The pressure at the earth's surface, where Noah and family lived, would be equal to one atmosphere PLUS the weight of a 9km column of water of unit area. This is equivalent to the pressure 9km deep in the ocean. What is this pressure? Well, each 10m of water is roughly equivalent to one atmosphere, so the pressure would be 900 atmospheres. The atmosphere would also have a composition of about 900 parts water vapor to one part of what we call air today.

How could an atmosphere almost 100% water vapor not condense? The temperature would have to be raised to the point where the partial pressure of water equals 900 atmospheres, i.e. the boiling point at that pressure. So we find Noah et al. living in a 13,000psi boiler. Is this credible?

Brian2

Veteran Member

Good interview.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
That was excellent.