• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interpretation... Or God's View

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Also. I looked at the words of that song, and nowhere does it say Jesus is coming back to earth to do work. So it seems you are interpreting the words of people to mean what you want them to say.
The words I see there are in harmony with scripture. Jesus promised to return for the remaining ones of his church.
That's what these people are singing.
Christians all have different beliefs about what will happen in the end times, yet they are all reading from the same Bible...

It's hilarious. :D

nPeace

Veteran Member
Most Christians believe what I claimed.
Set up a poll on this forum and you will find out.
If 8 billion people believe something based on something unrelated to it's source, that has nothing to do with the millions that use the source. :shrug:

nPeace

Veteran Member
Christians all have different beliefs about what will happen in the end times, yet they are all reading from the same Bible...

It's hilarious. :D
Yes. Your Christians. You're right. That is hilarious.
Imagine someone making their story and then laughing at it.
animated-smileys-laughing-291.gif

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If 8 billion people believe something based on something unrelated to it's source, that has nothing to do with the millions that use the source. :shrug:
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes. Your Christians. You're right. That is hilarious.
Imagine someone making their story and then laughing at it.
animated-smileys-laughing-291.gif
I have no Christians....

Almost all Christians believe that the resurrected Jesus who they believe ascended to heaven as per Acts 1:9-11 is going to 'come in the clouds' and return to earth just as He ascended.

Wake up and smell the coffee. :rolleyes:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have no Christians....

Almost all Christians believe that the resurrected Jesus who they believe ascended to heaven as per Acts 1:9-11 is going to 'come in the clouds' and return to earth just as He ascended.

Wake up and smell the coffee. :rolleyes:

I believe that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that.
Against all contrary evidence.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You earlier said Bahaullah interpreted the Bible though. Have you changed your mind?
Yes, I understand you believe Bahaullah - the infallible.

The Key here is that we see this is the Word Christ promised, these explanations are given by God, via the Father Baha'u'llah.

Regards Tony

Bird123

I believe I am not interested in taking off my God shoes to put on yours.

My response of walk a mile in my shoes was in response to Trailblazer's statement: I have yet to understand why you think you understand God or know the real truth about God.

If you are requesting as Trailblazer, the answer is the same. On the other hand, your journey has never depended on me. Everyone is capable of Discovering everything I have said for themselves. Discovering Truth has always been more rewarding than valuing Beliefs.

I make no demands. I have no shoes for you to wear. If you think your beliefs equals wearing God's shoes, there will come a point in time where you are going to be surprised

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Muffled

Jesus in me
My response of walk a mile in my shoes was in response to Trailblazer's statement: I have yet to understand why you think you understand God or know the real truth about God.

If you are requesting as Trailblazer, the answer is the same. On the other hand, your journey has never depended on me. Everyone is capable of Discovering everything I have said for themselves. Discovering Truth has always been more rewarding than valuing Beliefs.

I make no demands. I have no shoes for you to wear. If you think your beliefs equals wearing God's shoes, there will come a point in time where you are going to be surprised

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

I would not be surprised. Sometimes I have trouble understanding where I begin and God ends or vice versa.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe it is a package deal. When you get God you get Jesus also. However He might be polite and not mention it, if it distresses a person.
I cannot speak for Bird123, but when I got Baha'u'llah I got God, and I got Jesus too, because Baha'u'llah validated Jesus as a Manifestation of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I cannot speak for Bird123, but when I got Baha'u'llah I got God, and I got Jesus too, because Baha'u'llah validated Jesus as a Manifestation of God.

I believe you self deluded. You do not get God when you get the B man. You might as well try getting to God by Rama. It wouldn't work any better.

I believe the B man was not capable of validating anything.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You do not get God when you get the B man.
I get God with Baha'u'llah just as much as you get God with Jesus, because they are both Manifestations of God, and as such they were both the representative and mouthpiece of God on Earth.

“The Person of the Manifestation hath ever been the representative and mouthpiece of God. He, in truth, is the Day Spring of God’s most excellent Titles, and the Dawning-Place of His exalted Attributes. If any be set up by His side as peers, if they be regarded as identical with His Person, how can it, then, be maintained that the Divine Being is One and Incomparable, that His Essence is indivisible and peerless? Meditate on that which We have, through the power of truth, revealed unto thee, and be thou of them that comprehend its meaning.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 70

Muffled

Jesus in me
I get God with Baha'u'llah just as much as you get God with Jesus, because they are both Manifestations of God, and as such they were both the representative and mouthpiece of God on Earth.

“The Person of the Manifestation hath ever been the representative and mouthpiece of God. He, in truth, is the Day Spring of God’s most excellent Titles, and the Dawning-Place of His exalted Attributes. If any be set up by His side as peers, if they be regarded as identical with His Person, how can it, then, be maintained that the Divine Being is One and Incomparable, that His Essence is indivisible and peerless? Meditate on that which We have, through the power of truth, revealed unto thee, and be thou of them that comprehend its meaning.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 70

I believe you are deceiving yourself. All you are getting is a philosopher's view of God/Allah in the Bible and Qu'ran.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe you are deceiving yourself. All you are getting is a philosopher's view of God/Allah in the Bible and Qu'ran.
By the same token, I believe that Christians who reject Baha'u'llah and believe that Jesus is going to return someday in the clouds are deceiving themselves. From my perspective, I am getting the latest Word of God through Baha'u'llah.