• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internet Outages Recently

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Namaste, everyone. How many of you are experiencing unusual internet outages recently? Where I live in the US, Spectrum has been down for three days so far. What my father heard from Spectrum is that they are upgrading their internet service so that the speed is faster.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Namaste, everyone. How many of you are experiencing unusual internet outages recently? Where I live in the US, Spectrum has been down for three days so far. What my father heard from Spectrum is that they are upgrading their internet service so that the speed is faster.

It's a Russian and/or Chinese attack on the American populace for the purpose of mind control. /s

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Same slow, mediocre internet as always!

Though its probably more likely due to the fact the cats have chewed through out modem cords numerous times than the fault of the company.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Same slow, mediocre internet as always!

Though its probably more likely due to the fact the cats have chewed through out modem cords numerous times than the fault of the company.

Mine run behind the entertainment system, knocking down all the cords/equipment, such as modem. Isn't it fun.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine run behind the entertainment system, knocking down all the cords/equipment, such as modem. Isn't it fun.

We have our modem hanging on the wall from a couple screws, too far from the couch to properly lean over and chew(though the damage has already been done). Sometimes it still gets knocked down, though, when they jump from couch to desk top(we have the tall desk variant).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've had or heard of no weird outages recently. Problems when upgrading can occur.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Cable internet came late here, so its good enough for most purposes. It comes with 'Introductory' rates, meaning the price is set to increase yearly or so. The alternative (Satellite) is not so fast, and it also has introductory rates. The 2 companies act as the internet utility.

PureX

Veteran Member
What they mean is that they've oversold their capacity to the point where it's collapsing, and so need to upgrade. So be prepared for another rate hike.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I access the Internet on my smart-phone, which is a Huawei. I'm not sure how to pronounce it, and guess it sounds like "who-are-we?"
I hope the Chinese aren't monitoring my usage. :p

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not had any outage for a few months, last time they were working on the exchange and promised it back within 6 hours. It came on in less than 3.

The changes gave us an extra 5 to 8 (varies) meg per second so no complaints.