• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

International citizenship

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Every country has different immigration laws. Many would be posted on line, and you can always visit any embassy in your country to find out. It's not to be taken lightly, as some countries have severe punishments for anyone overstaying their visas.
And that is the problem

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
With guys identifying as girls I don't see why you can't identify as an international citizen.
I can in daily life, as long i stay here i am now, but as soon i go to a different country i can not answer custom that I am international:) i tried and got in trouble, must say place of citizenship

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
And that is the problem
With the mental state of some folks today, it is the solution. An open citizenship would allow low minded folks (terrorists, criminals) to move about freely. Do you want that?
It also could increase the already huge brain drain problem from the third world, and increase lazy people hanging out on beaches just because they can live simpler in one country. Where cost of living is low, do they really need an influx of rich entitled well off people taking over the resources.

Thees types of challenges are already here today, with restricted immigration laws. Open citizenship would increase them 10 fold.

HonestJoe

What the heck is a "recognised government?" Recognised by whom -- other governments?
It sounds like a racket. How are they different from a criminal gang, other than size? What gives them legitimacy, if not the assent of the people?
Yes, generally that means recognised by other governments. In theory, a government is just the representative of the people of that country.

Obviously reality is much messier than that but it'd be messy regardless of what systems and structures we put in place (or don't). This is the reality of the world were in so that's the context my answer is set in. We could talk about any fantasy utopias we might care to imagine but that wouldn't help answer the OP question. :cool:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
With the mental state of some folks today, it is the solution. An open citizenship would allow low minded folks (terrorists, criminals) to move about freely. Do you want that?
It also could increase the already huge brain drain problem from the third world, and increase lazy people hanging out on beaches just because they can live simpler in one country. Where cost of living is low, do they really need an influx of rich entitled well off people taking over the resources.

Thees types of challenges are already here today, with restricted immigration laws. Open citizenship would increase them 10 fold.
I believe we would look less hatefull at other people if we found that the only thing that divided us was the man made borders

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Since when is realism hate? I don't hate a criminal, but neither am I stupid enough to be manipulated.
I might sound naive, but i believe humans are the same no matter where we are born. But yes you will find those who do wrong anywhere. So a border where you need a paper saying where you was born has no value

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I might sound naive, but i believe humans are the same no matter where we are born. But yes you will find those who do wrong anywhere. So a border where you need a paper saying where you was born has no value

I'm only being realistic. It is the way it is right now, and we have to deal with it that way. Borders are in a constant shifting from closed, to more open, to more closed. On a practical level, no matter how much you want to travel or move, you simply can't. On a smaller scale level, do you think it would be appropriate to move into someone else's house, no questions asked?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm only being realistic. It is the way it is right now, and we have to deal with it that way. Borders are in a constant shifting from closed, to more open, to more closed. On a practical level, no matter how much you want to travel or move, you simply can't. On a smaller scale level, do you think it would be appropriate to move into someone else's house, no questions asked?
Our earth is for all humans, our private home is for our family. But i gladly open my home for those in need of a shelter