• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internal Justice watchdog finds that Russia probe was justified, not biased against Trump

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Of course the Trump cult will denounce these findings and create an alternate reality. But I'm very happy to see that there are still honorable people in this era who are doing their job. And that story as well as I assume many other people and outlets will continue lying because the investigators did not bow down to the "Holy Trump, hallowed be His Name"

Internal Justice watchdog finds that Russia probe was justified, not biased against Trump

The FBI mishandled parts of its application to monitor a Trump campaign aide as it was probing possible Russian interference in the 2016 election, but the overall investigation was justified, according to a long-awaited report by the Justice Department's watchdog that rebuts the president's depiction of a politically biased plot against him.

The report by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz concluded that the FBI and the Justice Department launched their investigation into the 2016 campaign not for political reasons, but because of evidence the Russian government was using cutouts to reach out to the Trump campaign as part of its efforts to influence the election.

Horowitz found that political bias did not taint the actions of former FBI leaders who have frequently been the subject of presidential attacks on Twitter, including former Director James Comey, former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and former Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I told you this investigation was a farce conspiracy theory a year ago. All that build up for nothing. Republicans have gone rogue.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
August 2016

Lisa page:
"Not ever going to become president right?right?!"

Peter Strzok:
"No, no he won't, we'll stop it"

Shad

Veteran Member
Of course the Trump cult will denounce these findings and create an alternate reality. But I'm very happy to see that there are still honorable people in this era who are doing their job. And that story as well as I assume many other people and outlets will continue lying because the investigators did not bow down to the "Holy Trump, hallowed be His Name"

The FBI mishandled parts of its application to monitor a Trump campaign aide as it was probing possible Russian interference in the 2016 election, but the overall investigation was justified, according to a long-awaited report by the Justice Department's watchdog that rebuts the president's depiction of a politically biased plot against him.

The report by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz concluded that the FBI and the Justice Department launched their investigation into the 2016 campaign not for political reasons, but because of evidence the Russian government was using cutouts to reach out to the Trump campaign as part of its efforts to influence the election.

Horowitz found that political bias did not taint the actions of former FBI leaders who have frequently been the subject of presidential attacks on Twitter, including former Director James Comey, former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and former Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok.

AG has final say and he disagrees.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You have high level people in one of the most powerful law enforcement agencies in the world talking about stopping a presidential candidate from winning an election three months before an election and uses the word "we" (I think it is reasonable to conclude that within the context it meant the powers of that agency). Also there were numerous discrepancies in the wiretapping requests some of which were described as heavily embellished which were passed off as just mistakes. It is difficult to imagine that something at such a high level was handled so sloppily and approved anyway.

esmith

Veteran Member
and the left continues to march toward their downfall, heck they are even becoming racist.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
For months conservatives were shouting "Just wait until the Horowitz report comes out! It'll blow the lid off this whole deep state scheme, show that Obama tapped Trump's phones, the FBI put spies in the Trump campaign, and that it was all just a witch hunt...just you wait!!"

The Horowitz report comes out and concludes there is zero evidence of political or personal bias in the Russia/Trump investigation, and the intelligence community was justified in starting it. No "deep state", no "witch hunt", no spying, and no tapping Trump's phones.

So what do conservatives do? Toss the report in the trash and start shouting "Just wait until the Durham report comes out! It'll blow the lid off this whole deep state scheme, show that Obama tapped Trump's phones, the FBI put spies in the Trump campaign, and that it was all just a witch hunt...just you wait!!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
For months conservatives were shouting "Just wait until the Horowitz report to come out! It'll blow the lid off this whole deep state scheme, show that Obama tapped Trump's phones, the FBI put spies in the Trump campaign, and that it was all just a witch hunt...just you wait!!"

The Horowitz report comes out and concludes there is zero evidence of political or personal bias in the Russia/Trump investigation, and the intelligence community was justified in starting it. No "deep state", no "witch hunt", no spying, and no tapping Trump's phones.

So what do conservatives do? Toss the report in the trash and start shouting "Just wait until the Durham report comes out! It'll blow the lid off this whole deep state scheme, show that Obama tapped Trump's phones, the FBI put spies in the Trump campaign, and that it was all just a witch hunt...just you wait!!" :rolleyes:

August 2016

Lisa page:
"Not ever going to become president right?right?!"

Peter Strzok:
"No, no he won't, we'll stop it"

You have high level people in one of the most powerful law enforcement agencies in the world talking about stopping a presidential candidate from winning an election three months before an election and uses the word "we" (I think it is reasonable to conclude that within the context it meant the powers of that agency). Also there were numerous discrepancies in the wiretapping requests some of which were described as heavily embellished which were passed off as just mistakes. It is difficult to imagine that something at such a high level was handled so sloppily and approved anyway.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
@Stanyon you obviously didn't read the report, or you would have also noted the text and IM messages among staff that were the opposite of Strzok and Page. From the report....

"We reviewed the text and instant messages sent and received by the Handling Agent, the co-case Handling Agent, and the SA for this CHS, which reflect their support for Trump in the 2016 elections. On November 9, the day after the election, the SSA contacted another FBI employee via an instant messaging program to discuss some recent CHS reporting regarding the Clinton Foundation and offered that "if you hear talk of a special prosecutor...I will volunteer to work [on] the Clinton Foundation." The SSA's November 9, 2016 instant messages also stated that he "was so elated with the election" and compared the election coverage to "watching a Superbowl comeback." The SSA explained this comment to the OIG by saying that he "fully expected Hillary Clinton to walk away with the election. But as the returns [came] in...it was just energizing to me to see...[because] I didn't want a criminal to be in the White House."

On November 9, 2016, the Handling Agent and co-case Handling Agent for this CHS also discussed the results of the election in an instant message exchange that reads:

Handling Agent: "Trump!"

Co-Case Handling Agent: "Hahaha. **** just got real."

Handling Agent: "Yes it did."

Co-case Handling Agent: "I saw a lot of scared MFers on...[my way to work] this morning. Start looking for new jobs fellas. Haha."

Handling Agent: "LOL"​

Aaron Blake on Twitter

So news flash for ya'....people who work in the government have political opinions too. It's only problematic when they let it influence their official duties. And as the IG report concluded, there was zero evidence that such a thing happened related to the Trump-Russia investigation.

Riders

Yes it seems quite right.