• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting Religious Prehistory

Ellen Brown

I happened upon a very interesting YouTube Video that appears to go back to Pre-Abrahamic, Pre-Zoroastrian existence? Very interesting.

Ellen Brown

Glad to discover that the thumbnail was the real Sargon of Akkad, and not the youtuber Carl Benjamin.

I'm wary of any historical analysis crediting military losses to "degeneration", but will give the video a proper watch later.

I'm not a Historian, I just read lots. I don't actually trust anyone's authoritative explanation of History. Perhaps Isaac Asimov got close? Thankfulness fills me that I have tried my utmost to please the God I know. For me, there is not much time left, hopefully.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I happened upon a very interesting YouTube Video that appears to go back to Pre-Abrahamic, Pre-Zoroastrian existence? Very interesting.

Yes, the religious history of the Middle East is rather well-documented from the time of Sumer (~4,000 BC) onward. Sumer, Akkadia, Asyria, Babylon, Canaan, the Hittites, the Hurrians... We know about the religious beliefs and practices of all these peoples.

Ellen Brown

Yes, the religious history of the Middle East is rather well-documented from the time of Sumer (~4,000 BC) onward. Sumer, Akkadia, Asyria, Babylon, Canaan, the Hittites, the Hurrians... We know about the religious beliefs and practices of all these peoples.

Most Americans, and perhaps the British do not know about these things. And this sort of history is often couched in religious dogma, meaning that most things before 1500 BC are regarded as fable. Sad really.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Most Americans, and perhaps the British do not know about these things. And this sort of history is often couched in religious dogma, meaning that most things before 1500 BC are regarded as fable. Sad really.

At the risk of sounding nihilistic, the history of the last 50 years is vehemently disputed by those who were there and still alive today.

Ellen Brown

At the risk of sounding nihilistic, the history of the last 50 years is vehemently disputed by those who were there and still alive today.

I think that even the experts "know so little that they don't even know what they don't know". I have been and remain devout about the One God, but after that, it seems that things are badly off track, with leaders often distorting what they know to benefit themselves.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There's no doubt that there's been an evolution of all religions, and I certainly don't think that's all bad. However, the "purists" would definitely disagree.