1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interesting question...:X

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by tumble_weed, Aug 4, 2004.

1. tumble_weed

tumble_weed Member

Ratings:
    +6
    My friend and I were having a conversation today and we came up with an interesting question...What exactly is wrong with having sex with an ape?

yes a weird topic...but if you seriously think about it what makes it immoral to have sex with an ape or an animal of a different species....i mean not to say I plan to but...x_x

The point is...what exact reason is against cross species breeding...I think it's been found that you cannot reproduce with another species...but if that's true then homosexuality is just as bad

2. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Sex amongst humans and by humans is based on the premise that both parties give consent to the other. It is the basis for statutory rape. By definition, a child under a certain age can not give consent - period. Sex with a minor under the statutory age is without consent and punishable by law. Sex with an adult who does not give consent is rape while with a child it is statutory rape (even if the child is willing).

Likewise, an animal can not give consent so beastility is prohibited by law. It is not a matter of productive sex (cross-breeding) but of law.

I fail to see the connection of your question to homosexual sex given the these facts Consent is the operative word with homosexuals as with heterosexuals.

-pah-

3. (Q)

(Q) Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Theres nothing wrong with having sex with an ape, as long as the ape agrees. ;)

4. Ardhanariswar

Ardhanariswar I'm back!

Ratings:
    +66
    haha.

i read some indian (native american) legend about a girl who was abducted by a bigfoot (!!!) and they had a child. i wonder how that child looked like. hehe.

5. (Q)

(Q) Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    i read some indian (native american) legend about a girl who was abducted by a bigfoot (!!!) and they had a child. i wonder how that child looked like

I found a picture:

[​IMG]

6. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    This is also a good line of reasoning as to why we should refrain from unnecessary animal slaughter. We have not the consent to have sex with animals, nor do we to kill them. In the case that it is necessary to kill them for food (perhaps if one lives in a desert) it is understandable, but there are plenty of other types of food available that do not require slaughtering.

7. tumble_weed

tumble_weed Member

Ratings:
    +6
    good point...it seems we don't judge other animals by the same ideas as we judge ourselves by

what about apes having sex with other apes neither party can give consent...and all laws have been made by humans so how can we morally judge animals by our own standards? if they can't be judged by our own standards how can we say that they need to give consent, if sexual consent is purely a construct created by man... ...

The connection to homosexuality is that homosexual couples cannot further the species by giving birth

8. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Actually, homosexuals males have about 50% of the rate of bearing children as heterosexuals; in women, it is higher (especially through artifical insemination). Japan's gays is much higher at 87%.

But these facts are not the only factor in survival of the species. Homosexuals provide nurture for many children not their own, thus establishing or contibuting to a nuclear family.

-pah-