• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting Philosophical Question from an anime.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Through interstellar travel we encounter Aliens and lose to them. They basically set up earth as a big zoo monitored by AI which only allows our civilization to get so technical. For the anime we were in the middle ages. The human's realizing they were going to lose built an AI virus that took 5000 years to be ready. 3 people are required to activate this virus and destroy the alien AI. All the people of this time only have limited knowledge basically myths about what actually happened.

For the most part society is not at war but bad people still exist. Nobody knows what happened to the alien race. They could still exist and be willing to wipe us out. It will be years before we develop the technology we need to battle them. Should the 3 people destroy the Alien AI. Should the world vote on it?

For my part I would vote no and leave things as they are. Care to discuss, would you leave things as they are or destroy the Alien AI and allow humans to develop technically again.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Through interstellar travel we encounter Aliens and lose to them. They basically set up earth as a big zoo monitored by AI which only allows our civilization to get so technical. For the anime we were in the middle ages. The human's realizing they were going to lose built an AI virus that took 5000 years to be ready. 3 people are required to activate this virus and destroy the alien AI. All the people of this time only have limited knowledge basically myths about what actually happened.

For the most part society is not at war but bad people still exist. Nobody knows what happened to the alien race. They could still exist and be willing to wipe us out. It will be years before we develop the technology we need to battle them. Should the 3 people destroy the Alien AI. Should the world vote on it?

For my part I would vote no and leave things as they are. Care to discuss, would you leave things as they are or destroy the Alien AI and allow humans to develop technically again.
I had to think about it, before deciding. No.

My reasoning is that the AI must be either suppressing the human potential or trying to improve it; but if it were the second thing there would be much better options. An AI that powerful wouldn't have to drag us through all kinds of horror in order to improve us. Therefore I conclude the AI does not exist for our benefit and must be overthrown.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I wouldn't make the decision for the world. If possible, I'd let everyone vote on it.