• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interessed in Ahmadiyya

PrinceVegeta

Salam Alaykoum Wa Rahmatullah
Hello. i am a shia muslim but i am interesses in Ahmadiyyat i very much like the teachings and i know mirza ghulam ahmad claimed to be both isa(As)and mahdi(as). but what about the fact that in sunni hadiths its said that his name should be Muhammad ibn Abdullah just like the Prophet (Sawas)? i read a lot on alislam.org but this question is still bothering me. Or that he will have a stuttering problem etc Wasalam

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Salam Alaykoum Wa Rahmatullah
Hello. i am a shia muslim but i am interesses in Ahmadiyyat i very much like the teachings and i know mirza ghulam ahmad claimed to be both isa(As)and mahdi(as). but what about the fact that in sunni hadiths its said that his name should be Muhammad ibn Abdullah just like the Prophet (Sawas)? i read a lot on alislam.org but this question is still bothering me. Or that he will have a stuttering problem etc Wasalam
Peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be on you.....Here are some quotes from the writtings of Hazrat Promised Messiah, Covenanted Mahdi (on whom be peace) :

"There is yet another point which one learns by pondering over the Word of God. When love of Allah, the Exalted, leads a man progressively towards truth and righteousness and he gives up his selfish and carnal desires, he reaches the ultimate stage of the purification of his soul. This is when he comes out of the dark abyss of his ego and its passions; and his body, which is the throne of the soul, is fully cleansed of all carnal dust and smoke and he becomes like a drop of crystal clear water. At this stage, in the sight of Allah, he is the pure soul that has emerged after the carnal self has melted away, and has, in complete obedience to his Lord, acquired a resemblance with the angels. It is at this stage that he deserves to be called Ruhullah18 or Kalimatullah.19 This is also what we understand from the Hadith: 20 quoted by Ibni Maja and Hakam,
la Mahdi illa Esa
that only he can attain the perfect status of Mahdi (as) who has first become ‘Isa (as) . This means that when a person becomes so perfect in devotion to Allah, that he become a pure soul, only then does he become 'Ruhullah' in the sight of Allah and is known in heaven by the name of ‘Isa (as) . God Almighty bestows upon him a spiritual birth, which is purely by His Grace and not through a corporeal father. To be so completely free from all kinds of darkness of the corporeal self, as to become soul incorporeal, is the consummation of self-purification and self-annihilation for the sake of Allah. This is the state of ‘Iswiyyat which Allah bestows to perfection upon whomever He pleases.

And the highest stage of Dajjaliyyat, according to:
akhlada elalardh
is that a person becomes progressively more and more inclined towards mundane desires till he falls into the abyss of darkness and becomes darkness itself. He acquires a natural amity with darkness and an innate antagonism to light. The existence of Dajjaliyyat, as opposed to ‘Iswiyyat, is imperative, because opposites can only be recognized by contrast. These opposites have existed since the time of our Holy Prophetsa. He called Ibni Sayyad Dajjal and said to Hadrat ‘Ali ra: 'You bear a resemblance to ‘Isa (as)'. This was when the seed of ‘Isa as and Dajjal was sown. With the passage of time, as the darkness of Dajjal grew, so did people with the true spirit of ‘Isa as continue to appear to oppose it. This went on until the perfect Dajjaliyyat emerged in the last days, because of the vice, sin, disbelief, and transgression that prevailed all over the world like it had never done before. The Holy Prophetsa had prophesied that such conditions would prevail in the latter days. Hence it was necessary that there should also be a full manifestation of ‘Iswiyyat to counter it. It must be remembered that 'Dajjaliyyat' is a term that signifies all those evils the prevalence of which in the latter days was foretold by the Holy Prophetsa Hadrat Muhammad (sa) has mentioned several hundred of its ramifications or branches....."

"Undoubtedly, people have greatly erred in understanding the Ahadith that mention the prophecy of the Holy Prophetsa about the coming of a person named Mahdi. In general, it has been erroneously assumed that the word 'Mahdi' invariably refers to 'Muhammad son of ‘Abdullah' who has been mentioned in some Ahadith. But a careful study reveals that the Holy Prophetsa has foretold the coming of several Mahdis. One of them has been called Sultan-e-Mashriq as 22 in Hadith; he has to appear in an eastern country, like India; while the country of his origin must be Faras (Persia). In fact, it is he concerning whom is written in a Hadith that even if faith ascended to the Pleiades, he would bring it back even from there. Yet another sign concerning him is that he will be a farmer. In short, it is a definite and proven fact that several Mahdis are mentioned in the Sihah Sittah,23 and one of them will appear in the Eastern countries. But some people have been confused by the amalgamation of these Ahadith. However, the point which deserves most attention is that the time of advent of one Mahdi (as), as foretold by the Holy Prophet (sa) is the same in which we live......"

Ref: Pages 19 on ward @ https://www.alislam.org/library/books/TheHeavenlySign.pdf

More @ https://www.alislam.org/r.php?q=imam+mahdi&sa=