• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inter religion Marriage

Anmol Kumar

If there is only one god then why there are different rules in all different religious books. Why one non-muslim can't marry a muslim women ???

danieldemol

Premium Member
If there is only one god then why there are different rules in all different religious books. Why one non-muslim can't marry a muslim women ???
Welcome to RF :)

My take on it is that there are many rules because there are many humans from different times and places and cultures who faced differing needs and requirements.

Since the rules are man made hence the reason for there being different rules.

A non Muslim can’t marry a Muslim woman due to the bigotry that Muslims have towards non-Muslim culture, when there is no war between Muslims and non-Muslims it really is that simple.

Kind regards,
Dan :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Welcome to RF.

I personally don't think that gods or rules are particularly central to religion, nor should they ever be.

Islaam is remarkable, and we should not attempt to extrapolate from it.

Still, your thread title asks about inter-religion marriage, and there are a few significant facts to consider.

Marriage is an union of two people into a joint project. That means a continuous demand for good communication between the two, and to some degree among them and their families.

Divergence of creeds does not have to be an impediment there, but it is only fair to point out that a common language and terminology among the people involved can definitely be helpful in attaining effective mutual understanding and cooperation.

Whether that advantage is significant in practice, and whether it should be demanded, are of course considerably more difficult questions. I don't see how they can be given justice with a template answer; the specifics of the situation, and particularly of the people involved must be considered.

All the best, @Anmol Kumar

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There may only be one God, but the approach to that God, or the understanding of that God can be incredibly different. Hindus and Muslims are worlds apart. In my experience, interfaith marriages definitely increase the likelihood of said marriage to fail.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What a person believes in should not be a hindrance for who he/she marry. if a person wishes to marry someone from a different culture or religious faith, it should be up to those two if they can be happily married or if the religious belief would create tension and problems.
As long we respect each religion as how we respect our own belief then it should not be a problem,

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
I'm catching up with all the new posters' threads I missed.
Join us for the free (staff paid for) breakfast....
th

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If there is only one god then why there are different rules in all different religious books. Why one non-Muslim can't marry a Muslim women ???
Welcome to RF. I do not know if God exists and if God exists then is there only one or many. You said it - different rules in all different religious books. Community pressure, fear of being killed for honor. But still inter-religious marriages take place. In India, courts will provide security.
coz hindu women are better :)
? In what way? :)
any Christian female experience in interfaith relation, advice needed?
It depends on the culture, education, financial status, etc. of the person and woman's family. Tick mark what is common.

Last edited: