• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intelligent life on other planets?

kai

ragamuffin
It seems strange that god would have an image, are there any writings of prophets etc who have actually seen god

Genna

The prophets have seen "theophanies" or manifestations of the invisible God such as the burning bush and Jesus Christ.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Jayhawker Soule said:
You apparently do not understand scientific method ... :no:
You won’t get an argument from me about that, but my position has not been to demonstrate my understanding (or misunderstanding) of scientific method but to demonstrate that it is the phenomenon that is not abiding by these methods. No matter how many centuries pass, no matter what technological and scientific advances we make, we will always remain a primitive society compared to this phenomenon.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
May I recommend the book ...

189280302X.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

mo0seonfire said:
i believe that life on other planets exists, regardless if the bible says so or not. im not too sure about angels and demons being aliens, though they do kinda fit that 'alien' position. i believe angels and demons are more of man's myths, similar to god, hercules, and greek gods. as for aliens, there are too many other galaxies with too many other planets for earth to be the only place of inteligent life.

--mo0seonfire
After communicating with relatives and others in the after life for many years as I channel for Spirit I believe from my own experience that Angels and Demons are merely the Spirit of man who walked the earth and died and went to the after life where they have everlasting life.
When humans die here on earth their spirit with all its intelligence leaves that body and goes to the Spirit World where they have everlasting life and the personalities they display there is much like the personality they had here on Earth either good or bad as they choose to be when the communicate back to those still on Earth.
I am still trying to learn what happens to mean spirits in the Spirit World.
Do they burn in Hell for Eternity?
And where is Hell?
What is Heaven Like?
I don't have all the answers yet and I may not find all the answers until one day I die and go to the after Life, and so for now I am learning what I can and passing it on to those who might want to seek out their own throughs by trying to develop their communications skills to talk to the After life themselves and then we can all continue to search for the truth.

kai said:
It seems strange that god would have an image, are there any writings of prophets etc who have actually seen god
As a channeller for Spirit I have had a spirit appear to me in the image of Jesus and talk to me and I have had a white haired man appear to me and tell me he is God.
Other times he appears to me as a Black Man and sometimes as others and he can appear as anything he wants to to me but whatever image he appears in I always know when he is present because of the feeling I get.
Others whom I have known before their death have appeared to me and some I have not known when they walked the earth have appeared to me and their purpose seems to be to teach everlasting life.
But most people have a problem believing this just as they did when jesus told them he is the Channel for God and the same thing happened when Joan of Arc told others she saw visions and said she was messaging for God.
After what happened to Jesus and Joan of Arc when people didn't believe I keep a low profile while telling others these Stories which many refuse to believe.
The man who appears to me as God predicts Earthquakes, and shows me lost ships under the ocean and he can do healings for those on Earth through me.
He predicts the weather months and even years in advance and he can diagnose cures for diseases and pass many wonderful things to Earth through me and Others if they will only keep an open mind and listen.
This Spirit in the Spirit World has the ability to show me into the future and back in time.
I believe others could do this if they would believe in him and tell him that they want to work with him.

arthra

Baha'i
Genna wrote:

Does the bible, quran or any other religion make them mention of Intelligent life on other planets?

My comment:

The Baha'i Writings do contain references:

"Verily I say, the creation of God embraceth worlds besides this world, and creatures apart from these creatures. In each of these worlds He hath ordained things which none can search except Himself, the All-Searching, the All-Wise."

~ Baha'u'llah in Gleanings

"Regarding the passage on p. 163 of the 'Gleanings'; the creatures which Bahá'u'lláh states to be found in every planet cannot be considered to be necessarily similar or different from human beings on this earth. Bahá'u'lláh does not specifically state whether such creatures are like or unlike us. He simply refers to the fact that there are creatures in every planet. It remains for science to discover one day the exact nature of these creatures."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, February 9, 1937) (Lights of Guidance 478.)

"Therefore, it cannot be imagined that the worlds of existence, whether the stars or this earth, were once inhabited ... and that they were without man! This supposition is false and meaningless. The word of God is clear as the sun. This is a spiritual proof, but one which we cannot at the beginning put forth for the benefit of the materialists."

~ Abdul-Baha

(SAQ 196-197)

"Man" is not necessarily though to be considered though to be in the forum of "man" on this earth. I like the term "sentient" or intellegent life because it is a broader term than "man" as such.

You can also find references in Hindu and Buddhist, Jaina scriptures that support that.

- Art

arthra

Baha'i
The following statement also implies that before man "apppeared" on the earth "he" existed elsewhere:

"Therefore, it cannot be said there was a time when man was not. All that we can say is that this terrestrial globe at one time did not exist, and at its beginning man did not appear upon it. But from the beginning which has no beginning, to the end which has no end, a Perfect Manifestation always exists. This Man of Whom we speak is not every man; we mean the Perfect Man."

~ Abdul-Baha

(SAQ 196)

Genna

arthra said:
~ Baha'u'llah in Gleanings

"Regarding the passage on p. 163 of the 'Gleanings'; the creatures which Bahá'u'lláh states to be found in every planet cannot be considered to be necessarily similar or different from human beings on this earth. Bahá'u'lláh does not specifically state whether such creatures are like or unlike us. He simply refers to the fact that there are creatures in every planet. It remains for science to discover one day the exact nature of these creatures."

- Art

Creatures on "every" planet? what about mars and Jupiter, aren't they inhabitable?

cardero

Citizen Mod
WHERE ARE THEY FROM?

"Before we can begin to study life on other planets as we understand it, we must first comprehend that life could exist on other planets as we do not understand it."

Inter-terrestrial- Some researchers agree that the phenomenon has always been present on our earth, even before the formation of humans. Technological developments far beyond our years have given these entities an edge for space travel and science techniques. Some also speculate that we are a creation of such beings and that earth may have been planted by such intelligences. Why they are here is also a cause for question. Do they just work here? Are they stranded here? What happened to the planet that they originated from? What are their plans for humankind?

Extraterrestrial-This theory only gains far more acceptance because of the behavior of these intelligences. When people witness unearthly craft or other worldly beings they must simply assume that the phenomenon does not belong to earth because we do not have any constructions on earth that behave like the phenomenon or that the beings that are reported do not resemble humans of earth physically, emotionally or spiritually. So researchers assume that these intelligences are visitors from some other galaxy that are intervening with earth’s populace and affairs.

A time magazine essay, “A Fresh Look At Flying Saucers” points out how difficult long distance space travel becomes.

**“Even the nearest star, Proxima Centaur, is 4.3 light-years away. And because presumably no spaceship-or any matter-can travel at or beyond the velocity of light, which is the universal speed limit according to the Einstein theory of relativity, it would take considerably longer than 4.3 light-years to reach the earth from its nearest stellar neighbor. At the 17,500 M.P.H. that astronauts travel, it would take nearly 170,000 years.

Other-Dimension-Another possible origin that researchers adhere to is the other dimension theory which states that intelligent alien beings have discovered some way to enter and exit through rifts or tears in our continuum. This would certainly lay waste to the idea of time and space travel.

** This theory states “that our own space may be curved, either in a negative or positive direction, or it may have a zero curvature. Scientists have not decided which type of curvature is characteristic of our own universe, but given the idea that our space is curved, it is interesting to consider concepts in mathematical space topology such as Jordan’s Curve Theorum which states in effect ”that there are an inside and an outside of a simple closed plane. This idea seems to imply that if our universe is similar to a closed curve, then there might be an “inside” and an outside” universe coexisting in the same space with our own universe.”
Would it be possible for universes of different spatial curvatures to co-exist in the same space? Could you move from one universe to another provided you understood spatial curvature, or gravitational formula for each space?

**Excepts taken from Rev. Barry Downing's The Bible and Flying Saucers

(to be continued)

cardero

Citizen Mod
This reads like science fiction but it is interesting to examine one flying saucer report recorded by Donald Keyhoe.

As Captain Howard was checking his arrival time, a dark object appeared a few miles to the left. Flying parallel to the plane, it was clearly visible in the light setting sun. Maneuvering around this mysterious craft were several small, round objects. For a few moments, Captain Howard and his co-pilot, First Officer Lee Boyd, watched in amazement. Until then Howard had been skeptical of flying-saucer reports, and Boyd and been only half convinced.

The small saucers appeared to be flying in and out of the larger ship, though the pilots could not be sure.

Suddenly, the mother ship changed its position, making it appear to change shape, just as an aeroplane, seen from different angles, assumes varying shapes.

Both Captain Howard and Boyd were convinced the object were solid. And from the way the six small UFOs maneuvered, circling and apparently boarding the mother ship, they were obviously under intelligent control.

CallingGooseBay Air Force Base, Boyd reported the strange formation. Within seconds two US Saberjet fighters were scrambled to meet the Centaurus. By now, all the crew and some of the passengers had seen the saucer formation. Had this been a cargo flight, Captain Howard might have risked a closer approach. But with the lives of the crew the fifty-one passengers to consider, he decided against it.

The mother ship and its smaller saucers were still flying parallel to the Centaurus when one of the Saberjet pilots radioed the airliner from a point twenty miles away. The saucers, Captain Howard told him, were still pacing his plane. "I'll be there, in two or three minutes," the Air Force pilot answered.

Then a strange thing occurred.

Quickly the six smaller craft merged with the mother ship. Acceleration at a tremendous speed, the larger machine vanished in a matter of seconds." (Reference #1)

Was this dark, cigar-shaped craft turning within the pilots' field of vision, or was it changing shape or "morphing," due to the hyper-spatial stresses imposed upon this UFO? We can only speculate, but at this juncture in our research, the evidence suggests that the object was operating outside of our known parameters of aerial flight.

When the craft quickly disappeared from view, was it moving with rapid acceleration, or was this "mother ship" UFO in fact a time-tunnel, closing like the shutter on a camera? In either case, the UFO mother ship would appear to be moving off with a rapid, increasing velocity when viewed from the pilot's perspective, while within this, our time space continuum.

The Opening Of Heaven.
It is very interesting to note that the scriptures also report “windows” to heaven.

Genesis 7:11
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on this day all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

Matthew 3:16
16 After being baptized Jesus immediately came up from the water; and, look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw descending like a dove God’s spirit coming upon him.

Acts 7:55,56
55 But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand, 56 and he said: “Look! I behold the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.”

Acts 10:10,11
10 But he became very hungry and wanted to eat. While they were preparing, he fell into a trance 11 and beheld heaven opened and some sort of vessel descending like a great linen sheet being let down by its four extremities upon the earth;

If were to believe that “heaven” and the “Holy Spirit” have always been with us and if we are to believe that theory that dimensions can occupy the same space then we must reexamine the following scriptures.

Matthew 3:2
2 saying: “REPENT, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 6:10
10 Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.

Matthew 18:20
20 For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.”

Luke 17:20
20 But on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, he answered them and said: “The kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness, 21 neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is in YOUR midst.”

As reported in the Bible, heaven may be an entirely different universe right in the midst of us.

proximodiz

Check these guys out (freezone.najbjerg.info/freezone):
THE FREE ZONE DECREE
The FREE ZONE DECREE was received on Earth on the 10th of November 1982 at 1030 GMT.
It states, (as relayed from Mainship, Sector 9): Official Decree – Galactic Grand Council
1. The planet known as the blue planet – local dialect “Earth” or Terra – Sun 12, Sector 9, is hereby declared a Free Zone.
2. No political interference in its affairs from any other part of the Sector or Galaxy will be tolerated.
3. No economic interference in its affairs will be tolerated from any non-planetary agency or power.
4. All of its inhabitants are hereby declared Free Zone Citizens and free of external political or economic interference.
5. The regulating agency of this decree is the Galactic Patrol Sector 9, Sector Commander Elron Elray and his designated representatives.
6. The planet is henceforth under the Sole Auspices of the Galactic Patrol, Sector 9, for coordination with Galactic and Sector Affairs and for compliance with this decree.
7. The Technical and Ethical experiments in progress on the blue planet are not affected by this decree and are to continue under the auspices of the Galactic Patrol, Sector 9.
8. This Decree is issued by unanimous vote of the Grand Council.
Mship relay by order of Sector Commander Elron Elray

(© Copyright by The Free Zone)

arthra

Baha'i
Genna said:
Creatures on "every" planet? what about mars and Jupiter, aren't they inhabitable?

Well I've been wondering about that.. Most investigators think if water exists on Mars there are likely to be some life forms...as to Jupiter ...well if there are life forms there they may be quite different from the ones we're familiar with. Scientists speculate about oceans on Europa.

Recently a scientist speculated that earth type planets are more likely than previously thought because many of the star sytems with large planets say like Jupiter or larger probably have satellites and palnets that are more like earth.

"If they do ever find an Earth-like planet with an oxygen atmosphere, perhaps it’s a good thing that it’ll be out of our reach. We’d probably only make a mess of it."

Source:

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/exoplanet.shtml

:faint:

- Art

groovyable

I am not sure if i believe in alians from other planets, we always seem to think that they have better techknowledgy than us humans. So if they did have spaceships etc.. you would think they would be able to say 'hellooooo how are ya mateys' maybe not in english yet you'd think they would try to communicate to us. Yet if they are as stupid as us humans and that they cant get fellow alians to mars , then i guess it is just up to God and Christ to sort them out for salvation.

cardero

Citizen Mod
groovyable said:
I am not sure if i believe in alians from other planets, we always seem to think that they have better techknowledgy than us humans. So if they did have spaceships etc.. you would think they would be able to say 'hellooooo how are ya mateys' maybe not in english yet you'd think they would try to communicate to us. Yet if they are as stupid as us humans and that they cant get fellow alians to mars , then i guess it is just up to God and Christ to sort them out for salvation.

I believe the same thing could be said about Biblical “angels” hiding behind clouds, multiple scriptures, rocks, burning bushes and chosen prophets. If God wanted everyone to know His message and will, why would he entrust imperfect humans to deliver these messages? Why not make Himself present to everyone at one time. I smell a new thread brewing.

may

cardero said:
I believe the same thing could be said about Biblical “angels” hiding behind clouds, multiple scriptures, rocks, burning bushes and chosen prophets. If God wanted everyone to know His message and will, why would he entrust imperfect humans to deliver these messages? Why not make Himself present to everyone at one time. I smell a new thread brewing.
there are many spirit creatures doing the will of Jehovah God ,
The Bible indicates that hundreds of millions of angels were created, and all of them are powerful.—Psalm 103:20.
Regarding righteous angels, Revelation 5:11 says: "The number of them was myriads of myriads," or "ten thousand times tens of thousands.
God’s Word, the Bible, tells us that when the earth was founded, "all the sons of God began shouting in applause." (Job 38:4-7) Angels thus existed long before humans were created, even before the creation of the earth. This Bible passage also shows that angels have feelings, for it says that they "joyfully cried out together." Note that "all the sons of God" rejoiced ................ so we are not alone
"And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people."—Rev. 14:6. the angels are helping to direct the preaching of the goodnews of the kingdom................ there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

cardero

Citizen Mod
may said:
there are many spirit creatures doing the will of Jehovah God ,
Rev. 14:6. the angels are helping to direct the preaching of the goodnews of the kingdom................ there is a lot going on behind the scenes.
Covert would be the term I would use too.