• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intelligent life on other planets?

Super Universe

Defender of God
wanderer085 said:
First of all, angels and demons are man-made myths and not even well supported biblically.

A real alien encounter, I believe, would be quite different than anything we have imagined.

Have you ever read any of Robert Frost's poetry?

What if it was a hot summer and he wrote about the snow?
What if he never truly saw a bird that he talked about?
Maybe a tree he describes was all in his imagination?

If proof is necessary for you to believe in anything then why are you here? You continue to demand for something that you know does not exist in such a way that you will ever accept.

Face it, many of us have seen and experienced some amazing things, things that you obviously haven't.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Genna said:
Does the bible, quran or any other religion make them mention of Intelligent life on other planets? Why would God make the universe which is filled with billions of galaxies, each galaxy containing at least hundreds of billions of stars. Perhaps there are intelligent life on other planets pondering the same philosophical questions as we?

You are indeed right. Why would God make the universe which is filled with billions of galaxies, each galaxy containing at least hundreds of billions of stars. In the Quran God mention it. It can't be just like that, empty. I agree with you.

[120] To Allah doth belong the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is therein, and it is He Who hath power over all things. (Quran 5:119)

[44] The seven heavens and the earth, and all beings therein, declare His glory: there is not a thing but celebrates His praise; and yet ye understand not how they declare His glory! Verily He is Oft-Forbearing, Most Forgiving! (Quran 17:44)

[71] If the Truth had been in accord with their desires, truly the heavens and the earth, and all beings therein would have been in confusion and corruption! Nay, we have sent them their admonition, but they turn away from their admonition. (Quran 23:70)

Genna

So do you agree that God made "man" in His image? Does the Quran agree with this? And if so, would you say that these other beings are also made in His image?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Genna said:
So do you agree that God made "man" in His image? Does the Quran agree with this? And if so, would you say that these other beings are also made in His image?

There is no such a conception in islam that states that God made "man" in his image.

God says about himself ...

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[1] Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

[2] Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

[3] He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

[4] And there is none like unto Him. (Quran 112:1-4)

Therefore, even though the human being is unique but after all he/she is just nothing but, another creature of God almighty.

Genna

What do you mean by human beings are unique? Are they unique above all the other sentient beings in the seven heavens? If so, why? why did he choose humans to be unique among all creation? Sorry for all the questions, I am very inquisitive!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Super Universe said:
Face it, many of us have seen and experienced some amazing things, things that you obviously haven't.
All self-deluded people "experience some amazing things". Speaking of which, what color are your aliens, and what is the Urantia teaching on the race question?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Genna said:
What do you mean by human beings are unique? Are they unique above all the other sentient beings in the seven heavens? If so, why? why did he choose humans to be unique among all creation? Sorry for all the questions, I am very inquisitive!

No please don't worry, you can ask as much as you want because i dislike blind faith in things without questioning it.

When i say unique that doesn't mean by anyway to be above all the other sentient beings but just, huamn being are different because God chose for us to live on earth and be his a vicegerent on earth, that's why we don't believe in the original sin but we believe that God chose for Adam and all human beings after him to live on earth, even before Adam was created and eats from the tree with Eve.

God say in the Quran:

[30] Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praise and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

The angels were created before us definitely and they were worshipping God as well and they never sin, then what is the purpose of our existance then?

Human beings are strange but so powerful, they do alot of evil but when they do good things they surpase all creatures on earth in that. This is simply the mystery of human being.

I'll mention here things i posted before in another thread.

God chose for human beings to have specific features and ability to learn and discover which no one before us got to have this the way it's within us.

Let us focus in here and observe this dialogue between God and the angels.

[30] Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praise and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

Now, he gave them a proof or an example that God will put in human beings something which no one ever had before.

[31] And He taught Adam the names of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell Me the names of these if ye are right."

[32] They said: "Glory to Thee: of knowledge we have none, save what Thou hast taught us: in truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom." (Surah 2:30-32)

I advise you to read this great book, i have it in my room and i just finished reading it. It's about the angels asking God why he wants to create this creature called human beings while he had those perfect Angels. Human beings are not perfect, but there is a wisdom in that. Please read this book, it's so great and you will definitely enjoy reading it. :)

Even Angels Ask, by Jeffrey Lang.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Even-Angels-Ask-Jeffrey-Lang/dp/0915957671

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Lang

We are so special and unique that God chose us to be vicegerents on this earth. We all know well that the day a baby is born into this world, he/she know nothing about life, how to eat, how to drink, how to pee (in his father clothes or in the toilet), but on the other hand you will find out that animals are by default have a tendency toward doing the same thing that their group have been doing since ages as it's automatically attached to their DNA. For us, human beings, we start from zero then we will surpasses animals in our knowledge and dealing in this life and we can improve and nothing can hold us back from doing so as long as God gave us the chance to know more and more and guided us to do so.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Continue ...

Now look at this verse to see how far a human being can reach in his/her knowledge.

It's about Prophet Solomon and the queen of Saba ‘a in Yemen at that time. They were unbelievers and Prophet Solomon had the power of controlling Jinn, wind, animals, etc. He wanted to prove for the queen before she came forward to him how powerful can be the truth as a sign to her.

[38] He said (to his own men): "Ye Chiefs! which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?"

[39] Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."

[40] Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of any eye!" Then when (Sulaiman) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the grace of my Lord! to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of All Needs, Supreme in Honour!"...(Surah 27:38-40)

Did he say, I’m the great, I’m so powerful? No. He was thanking God for what he gave him of power to control creatures and things because it's all by the power and permission of God alone.

Also, you can observe how a human being who has knowledge surpassed the one from Jinn, "even though some scholars said the one who has knowledge of the book might be Jinn as well".

The point is that, human beings are not like any other creatures and we can read, learn and know things which we know not. "does this ring a bell to you"?

Can you guess what was the first verse ever which was revealed to Prophet Mohammed in the cave?

[1] Proclaim! (or Read!) In the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created, (Surah 96:1)

This was the beginning, READ. Is there any limit for knowledge after that?

[109] Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord. Sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."

[110] Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your God is one God: whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner. (Surah 18:109-110)

See? So beautiful. God is all knowing and there is no limitation in his knowledge but we have always to grasp some knowledge and observe this huge universe. That's why the first word ever revealed to our beloved prophet, Mohammed "peace be upon him" was READ. This is what God wanted for his prophets and this is what God wanted for us to do, to read all over and over again.

Nevertheless, you have to know that if God wanted us to be just a programmed creatures or even to have one religion for all of us, all is good and no evil exist, he can do so but ....

[48] To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have We prescribed a Law and an Open Way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single People, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you; so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute; (Surah 5:48)

If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single People ....

But God has a different plan for us.

Now things are getting a bit clearer?

I guess the answer may be yes or no, it depends but at least we know that God promised that he will show us everything and the truth of the matters in which people dispute.

To be short, the point in creating us wasn't to be perfect or to live in a perfect way because Angels are perfect, and they indeed much powerful and their worshipping for God can't ever be compared to our little effort in this tiny planet. They don't sin and they are created from light. We, human beings are definitely, something else. We are not angels, we are not perfect, nor God wanted for this life to be perfect. It's free will. :)

Super Universe

Defender of God
Jayhawker Soule said:
All self-deluded people "experience some amazing things". Speaking of which, what color are your aliens, and what is the Urantia teaching on the race question?

If we are self deluded, what is it to you?

You may tell me that your children are the most beautiful ever but I am not going to tell you that they are not because I choose not to be like you.

Another off topic Urantia race question. You still haven't got the (wherewithall) to begin a topic on it.

What are you afraid of? Go ahead, start a serious debate for once. I'll show up.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Jayhawker Soule said:
All self-deluded people "experience some amazing things".

Hynek was born in Chicago to Czechoslovakian parents. In 1931, Dr. Hynek received a B.S. from the University of Chicago. In 1935, he completed his Ph.D. in astrophysics at Yerkes Observatory. He joined the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Ohio State University in 1936. He specialized in the study of stellar evolution, and in the identification of spectroscopic binaries.

Hynek had one of the longest involvements of any mainstream scientist in UFO studies. Initially a pronounced skeptic, Hynek's opinion gradually changed over the years, with him eventually pronouncing UFOs a major scientific mystery.

Hynek's opinions about UFOs began a slow and gradual shift. After examining hundreds of UFO reports over the decades (including some made by credible witnesses, including astronomers, pilots, police officers, and military personnel) (Posters Note: Please be advised that these kinds of credible witnesses were not available or evident in Biblical times) Hynek concluded that some reports represented genuine new empirical observations.

Another shift in Hynek's opinion came after conducting an informal poll of his astronomer colleagues in the early 1950s. Most of these astronomers had not widely shared their accounts for fear of ridicule, or of damage to their reputations or careers. Hynek also noted that this 11% figure was, according to most polls, greater than those in the general public who claimed to have seen UFOs. Furthermore, the astronomers were presumably more knowledgeable about observing and evaluating the skies than laymen, so their observations were arguably more impressive. Hynek was also distressed by what he regarded as the dismissive or arrogant attitude of many mainstream scientists towards UFO reports and witnesses.

"Ridicule is not part of the scientific method, and people should not be taught that it is. The steady flow of reports, often made in concert by reliable observers, raises questions of scientific obligation and responsibility. Is there ... any residue that is worthy of scientific attention? Or, if there isn't, does not an obligation exist to say so to the public--not in words of open ridicule but seriously, to keep faith with the trust the public places in science and scientists?

(To learn more about J. Allen Hynek go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Hynek)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
cardero said:
Hynek had one of the longest involvements of any mainstream scientist in UFO studies. Initially a pronounced skeptic, Hynek's opinion gradually changed over the years, with him eventually pronouncing UFOs a major scientific mystery.
Well, you found your very own scientist for window dressing. How very special, albeit irrelevant. But, rather than pedantic, strawman references such as "Ridicule is not part of the scientific method, and people should not be taught that it is.", perhaps you could demonstrate your application of that method to support your position.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Jayhawker Soule writes: Well, you found your very own scientist for window dressing.

I assure you, I have not adopted any such practice. I have carefully, considerately examined the efforts and experiences of many diligent researchers and do not elevate one researcher higher than another. The example of this post was purely for your benefit and enlightenment.

Jayhawker Soule writes: How very special, albeit irrelevant.
Special, possibly. Irrelevant, only if you dismiss the evidence arrogantly. Informative, yes.

Jayhawker Soule writes: But, rather than pedantic, strawman references such as "Ridicule is not part of the scientific method, and people should not be taught that it is.", perhaps you could demonstrate your application of that method to support your position.
I am, through my "Close Encounter" contributions. The study of this phenomenon is now considered a legitimate science Jay and though there are some aspects of the phenomenon that every researcher may not agree on, many researchers do agree that the historical Bible is a relevant beginning to this study.

cardero

Citizen Mod
mo0seonfire said:
i believe that life on other planets exists, regardless if the bible says so or not. im not too sure about angels and demons being aliens, though they do kinda fit that 'alien' position. i believe angels and demons are more of man's myths, similar to god, hercules, and greek gods. as for aliens, there are too many other galaxies with too many other planets for earth to be the only place of inteligent life.

--mo0seonfire
I have my theories about life on other planets and with the information in the Bible, I will express them in future posts on this thread. As far as these entities being described as "angels and demons", this is hard to discern because even though it is clear that there is an agenda, what this agenda entails, is very unclear. I cannot ascribe malevolent or benevolent, deceitful or truthful attributes to the intelligent beings that have communicated with primitive societies in the Bible without more evidence. The attributes that I am sure of from all the data that I have examined, is that both "angels and demons" can be manipulative and exploitive.

JerryL

We are so special and unique that God chose us to be vicegerents on this earth. We all know well that the day a baby is born into this world, he/she know nothing about life, how to eat, how to drink, how to pee (in his father clothes or in the toilet), but on the other hand you will find out that animals are by default have a tendency toward doing the same thing that their group have been doing since ages as it's automatically attached to their DNA.
That's really not a true statement for most of the "higher" organisms (Mammals, birds, etc). They learn from their parents, and from experimentation, much as we do.

A human baby does know how to suckle instinctively, and to hold ihs breath when something is in his face (blow on a baby's face sometime), and any number of other instinctual activities.

cardero

Citizen Mod
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

A close encounter of the third kind is an observation of one or more occupants associated with one or more crafts.

Ted Bloecher added seven subtypes to the Third Kind:

• A: The entity is observed only inside the UFO
• B: The entity is observed inside and outside the UFO
• C: The entity is observed near to a UFO, but not going in or out.
• D: An entity is observed, although no UFOs are seen by the observer, but UFO activity has been reported in the area at about the same time
• E: An entity is observed, but no UFOs are seen, nor UFO activity has been reported by someone else
• F: No entity nor UFOs are observed but the subject experiences some kind of "intelligent communication"
• G: Abduction: the subject is abducted by aliens
• H: The alien is either injured, captured, and/or killed by the witness(es) and/or military personnel. The UFO may be captured and/or destroyed by witness(es) and/or military personnel.
(As Allan Hendry notes in his book The UFO Handbook, subtypes D, E, and F could be unrelated with the UFO phenomenon.)

I will take each letter of the alphabet and I will include a scripture and a modern day example. I was able to research many different encounters from the year 1972-74 (there was a major flap going those years). Pay particular attention to the locations of these occurances. This is important when we are determining that this phenomenon is not strictly bound to time, location or ethnicity. Also for those interested members, if you have any holy scriptures that you would like to lend to this discussion, feel free to post them and we can try to figure out what type (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H) of CE3 (Close Encounters of the Third Kind) they fall into.

Class A. The entity is observed only inside the UFO

Exodus 16:10
10 Then it occurred that as soon as Aaron had spoken to the entire assembly of the sons of Israel, they turned and faced toward the wilderness, and, look! Jehovah’s glory appeared in the cloud.

Location. Lower Hutt New Zealand
Date: July 1972
Time: 0200A
An unidentified woman reported that she had been awakened in her bedroom, by a blue light shining in her second story window, and by a noise like a spinning top. Going to the window, she saw an object like an inverted soup dish hovering over the next-door building. In the top, which was a clear dome, she could see two human male figures wearing shiny blue, sating like suits; their heads were bare. One appeared to be controlling the object; the other had his back to the witness. The far figure turned toward the one seen from the back, said something, and laughed. After about a minute, the object shot straight up and then disappeared over the Wainuiomata Hill. Her sighting frightened the witness and she said nothing about it for five years.

Humcat 1972-1
Source: K J Drake, Xenolog # 115

Class B. The entity is observed inside and outside the UFO

Ezekiel 1:4,5
4 And I began to see, and, look! there was a tempestuous wind (notice the wind)coming from the north, a great cloud mass and quivering fire, and it had a brightness all around, and out of the midst of it there was something like the look of electrum, out of the midst of the fire. 5 And out of the midst of it there was the likeness of four living creatures, and this was how they looked: they had the likeness of earthling man.

Ezekiel 1:20,21
20 Wherever the spirit inclined to go, they would go, the spirit [inclining] to go there; and the wheels themselves would be lifted up close alongside them, for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. 21 When they went, these would go; and when they stood still, these would stand still; and when they were lifted up from the earth, the wheels would be lifted up close alongside them, for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

Location. Near Dayton Iowa
Date: June 6 1972
Time: 1500
A farmer was cultivating his fields in the middle of the afternoon when he saw a flash of light in the sky; an object then approached him and he saw it was egg shaped and silvery in color. It descended and just before it landed, legs "grew out of the bottom;" it set down in a cornfield 100 yards from the farmer. A port opened near the bottom and "some people" 4 or 5 feet tall; wearing one-piece metallic looking "flying suits," got out and moved about in the corn for a while before getting back in. With a "slight roar" and a blue flame the UFO disappeared into the sky. Where it had landed the vegetation had been flattened as if by a whirlwind. Other "nests" were found in several
Iowa farm towns about the same time.
Humcat 1972-13
Source: Kevin Randle for Apro

Class C. The entity is observed near to a UFO, but not going in or out.

Matthew 4:1
1 Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil.
Location. Kamunting Perak Malaysia

Date: 1972
Time: unknown
Two boys playing in the bushes at a local Army camp spotted a tiny entity, described as dark greenish in color and apparently naked, its head was egg shaped and no facial features were discernible, it had very thin legs and arms. A small object also rested on the ground nearby. One of the boys attempted to grab the entity but was "shot" at and he fainted. The other boy ran home to obtain more witnesses but upon returning both the entity and the object were gone.

HC addition # 1455
Source: Ahmad Jamaluddin, A Summary of UFO And Related events in
Malaysia 1950/1980

Class D. An entity is observed, although no UFOs are seen by the observer, but UFO activity has been reported in the area at about the same time.
(I apologize for not providing a scripture for this instance. Part of it may be that there were no media services to report any news of UFO activity, another reason might be my ignorance or lack of remembrance of Biblical scripture. Anyone with more experience of the Bible is welcomed to share their knowledge.)

Location. Laurentian Region QuebecCanada
Date: Summer 1972
Time: night
A man camping in a remote area watched three bright white lights skipping very slowly over the area. About the same time he saw a human like figure sitting on a boulder nearby. The figure was dressed in a gray jumpsuit and was staring at the witness intently. They both stared at each other briefly then the witness became frightened and ran away.

HC addition # 1084
Source: Brad Steiger & Sherry Hansen Steiger, "Starborn"

Class E. An entity is observed, but no UFOs are seen, nor UFO activity has been reported by someone else

Genesis 3:1
1 Now the serpent proved to be the most cautious of all the wild beasts of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it began to say to the woman: “Is it really so that God said YOU must not eat from every tree of the garden?”

Location. Near Warminster England
Time: unknown
On the Bath Road after seeing an orange disc shaped object descend over the area, the witness encountered a tall figure dressed in white clothing. It moved along the road in quick loping movements, no facial features could be seen but it was described as huge and man like. No other information.

HC addition # 1493
Source: Steve Gerrard quoting Warminster UFO Newsletter # 7

(to be continued)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Class F. No entity nor UFOs are observed but the subject experiences some kind of "intelligent communication"

Genesis 3:8
8 Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day (notice the wind), and the man and his wife went into hiding from the face of Jehovah God in between the trees of the garden.

Acts
9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

I am going to return to the example of Betty Andreasson because along with her documented abduction experiences she also has maintained experiences where communication was maintained without the prescense of entities or UFO’s. Whitley Strieber the author of Communion could also fit in this category as well as myself.

Class G. Abduction: the subject is abducted by aliens.

2 Kings 2:11,12
2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven (theres that wind again). 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clot

hes, and rent them in two pieces.
Location. Largs BaySouth Australia
Time: night
The witness was getting ready for bed when she saw an entity outside her window. The being was about five-foot tall, had a large head, a pointed chin, huge yellow eyes, a thin small white body which glowed, no nose or mouth and no ears could be seen. She was then floated up to a light in the sky. Her next recollection was lying on her back on a table in a room. There were several humanoids in the room and one was leaning over her. He had a large head, a pointed chin and dark almond shaped eyes and a yellow colored body. She felt that the beings were doctors. A small black object was applied to her leg above her right knee. She was told telepathically that "It wont be long," soon everything around her faded and she found herself back on her bed.

HC addition # 2025
Source: Keith Basterfield

Class H. The alien is either injured, captured, and/or killed by the witness(es) and/or military personnel. The UFO may be captured and/or destroyed by witness(es) and/or military personnel.

Some researchers would have us believe that Jesus may have been an alien (although I have never heard any researchers refer to him as a magician) this may be due to his unconventional birth, his foriegn teachings and that Jesus performed miracles that can only be described as other worldly. The following scriptures as well as the Ascension account lends credibility to that theory.

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

John 20:1
21 Jesus, therefore, said to them again: “May YOU have peace. Just as the Father has sent me forth, I also am sending YOU.”

So if this is the case Jesus may have been one of the earliest alien entities to be sentenced to death by their current authority.

The Roswell UFO (unidentified flying object) incident was the alleged recovery in 1947 of at least one alien space craft and its occupants near Roswell, New Mexico, USA.
Debris was recovered from a ranch near Roswell in early July 1947, and the Roswell Army Air Field issued a press release stating that a “flying disk” had been discovered, sparking intense media interest. Within hours, a retraction was issued claiming instead that a weather balloon had been recovered, and a subsequent news conference featured debris said to be the object which seemed to confirm the weather balloon description.
Additional witnesses and reports emerged over the following years. They added significant new details, including accounts of a large military operation to recover alien craft and aliens themselves, as many as 11 crash sites, and intimidation of witnesses. In 1989, former mortician Glenn Dennis revealed a detailed account which included alien autopsies carried out at the Roswell base.

(for more information go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_incident)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Genna said:

I would not assume the meaning of "in God's image" necessarily refers to a physical being that has two arms and two legs etc etc, though there are people who believe this.

The meaning of "in God's image" in Baha'i Writings is that we contain all of the attributes of God, though in our state today one could argue that it's more potential attributes than fully expressed. But then, we're not really grown up and moved out of the house yet either. I wouldn't say we are finished being "created." At least, I hope this isn't as far as we get. :faint:

Genna

I agree that "image" does not imply having arms and legs, although I know that some will disagree with me. ;) The bible says that God is "Invisible," which pretty much means that He CANNOT be SEEN.

Colossians 1:15 - Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

1 Timothy 1:17 - Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.