• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intelligent Design vs the Methodological Naturalism standard for science

socharlie

Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid, deriving evidence through intuition is, at at best, an oxymoron and, at worst, sheer stupidity.
it is nonsense what yo said...world is metaphysical. You do not get physical evidence you get personal evidence , atheists just have to accept that theists have inner evidence that is not accessible to atheism unless atheist is mistaken like, for example, Antony Flew.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
it is nonsense what yo said...world is metaphysical. You do not get physical evidence you get personal evidence , atheists just have to accept that theists have inner evidence that is not accessible to atheism unless atheist is mistaken like, for example, Antony Flew.
There is no evidence of your claim outside of your belief system, leaving you trapped in a conundrum of infinite regression. As a result, it is quite reasonable and logically unassailable, to describe such belief systems as delusional.

siti

all of this is far more semantic than substantive
it is now - but that's what you intended of course...

whatever created nature as we know it, necessarily transcends nature as we know it
...and whether that statement makes a substantive or merely semantic point depends on whether you mean it transcends "nature" or transcends our knowledge - you know very well what I mean - that nothing in the natural world transcends nature even if a great deal of it still transcends our knowledge...you have so far failed to give a single example to support your assertions...

...I'm not going to waste any more time on this.

Last edited:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
this is how it works - individual personal "revelation", this why an atheist can not relate to it but another theist can...
You say the atheists are blind, atheists say that religionists are delusional. It is rather straightforward to explore which hypothesis has rational supportive evidence.

socharlie

this is how it works - individual personal "revelation", this why an atheist can not relate to it but another theist can...
if you look at ancient people of Egypt, Greece, Rome, e.t.c. their art literature you see that they 99.99% were theists. That was the time where their bodies were much less polluted and their perception organs were more or less intact. Say, I estimate they were at 60% of working order, now days average theist
would have 10%, atheist < 1%, some naturally or by training would have up to 100% capacity. My numbers are just to explain the situation.

Milton Platt

I understand. I get that people feel they have had some sort of experience. But how can one validate their interpretation of the experience? So you believe there is a god who selectively gives these experiences to certain people but ignores most of the population? Why would that be?

socharlie

I understand. I get that people feel they have had some sort of experience. But how can one validate their interpretation of the experience? So you believe there is a god who selectively gives these experiences to certain people but ignores most of the population? Why would that be?
I do not know how explain, only thing I can tell that I know that I had / have experience it prints in my being I do not need any other validation sometime it comes through dreams or episodes of synchronicities . Intuition? I do not think about selectively giving to certain people or ignoring. It may be as radio station emitting signal and receiving people either tuned or not.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I do not know how explain, only thing I can tell that I know that I had / have experience it prints in my being I do not need any other validation sometime it comes through dreams or episodes of synchronicities . Intuition? I do not think about selectively giving to certain people or ignoring. It may be as radio station emitting signal and receiving people either tuned or not.
How do you feel about people who have had similar (if not identical) experiences, but come to entirely different conclusions to you? Do you feel that they are mistaken?

Milton Platt

Sounds like you are starting to make things up out of thin air. I will end the conversation here. Thanks for the discourse.

socharlie

But how do you know your assessment is accurate or meaningful?
absolutely. I know. my intuition works fine. now, can you tell me implications , in your opinion, what happened to me if I was not accurate, what harm would happen? It is a win -win situation. Atheist has no choice - just to roll into it, wanting or not.